Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Fandom Recommendations?
So... fandoms, am i right? Those things that thrive on the internet as hotspots for nerds and geeks who can't find friends that share their interests in the outside world. I myself am one of theses geeks, however I have found myself in quite the.. predicament. You see, my current fandoms(that is, Homestuck and Legend of Zelda) both seem to be either dead, extremely hostile, or just embarrassing to be a part of. Seeing as this community is filled with at least some folks who have their lives together, I was wondering if any of you would have a show or something to recommend. I'm open to most forms of media, however I won't be interested in things that are live-action most of the time. Thanks for reading my little request, by the way. You're awesome for getting through all of that.
So... fandoms, am i right? Those things that thrive on the internet as hotspots for nerds and geeks who can't find friends that share their interests in the outside world. I myself am one of theses geeks, however I have found myself in quite the.. predicament. You see, my current fandoms(that is, Homestuck and Legend of Zelda) both seem to be either dead, extremely hostile, or just embarrassing to be a part of. Seeing as this community is filled with at least some folks who have their lives together, I was wondering if any of you would have a show or something to recommend. I'm open to most forms of media, however I won't be interested in things that are live-action most of the time. Thanks for reading my little request, by the way. You're awesome for getting through all of that.
banner_by_jmqestar-daapkza.png
I don't know how you'd feel about this type of thing, but the Arcana game is an awesome mobile otome game, and the fandom is very active right now. Check out the button in my signature if you're interested :D
I don't know how you'd feel about this type of thing, but the Arcana game is an awesome mobile otome game, and the fandom is very active right now. Check out the button in my signature if you're interested :D
7ophKeo.png
hh5n4WA.png
G8AyR6r.png
EB9jVcQ.png
oaolHwW.png
gYW0j5f.png
6uThYLh.png
6KQB58c.png
If you're after a friendly, drama-free fandom then Buzzfeed Unsolved (especially on the blue hellsite tumblr) is definitely one.
If you're after a friendly, drama-free fandom then Buzzfeed Unsolved (especially on the blue hellsite tumblr) is definitely one.
Honestly I find pretty much any fandom to be hostile or dead, it all depends on who you find that you can talk to and then ignore the rest. (imo)
If you write, looking for beta readers, other writers or sharing centres is a good way to find like minded people. I actively avoid tumblr because I think it spawns insane people so after I left, fandoms kind of left me too. Now I more aggressively shove fan fics at my friends to beta read and then bother them with all my thoughts.

@aussievinegar Aw yis, buzzfeed unsolved is great! I just spammed watched the entire series the other day (other then ruining history series) Shane is my boy.
Honestly I find pretty much any fandom to be hostile or dead, it all depends on who you find that you can talk to and then ignore the rest. (imo)
If you write, looking for beta readers, other writers or sharing centres is a good way to find like minded people. I actively avoid tumblr because I think it spawns insane people so after I left, fandoms kind of left me too. Now I more aggressively shove fan fics at my friends to beta read and then bother them with all my thoughts.

@aussievinegar Aw yis, buzzfeed unsolved is great! I just spammed watched the entire series the other day (other then ruining history series) Shane is my boy.
yGResdm.gif