Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | I need opinions
"Are outsiders simply those who are misjudged or misunderstood?"
Here is a question that we are going over in an English class for a essay how would you answer this I of course want opinions from real people before I start to search the web for answers. I will not judge of shoot down ideas please answer if you would like.
"Are outsiders simply those who are misjudged or misunderstood?"
Here is a question that we are going over in an English class for a essay how would you answer this I of course want opinions from real people before I start to search the web for answers. I will not judge of shoot down ideas please answer if you would like.
I personally think outsiders are those who do not follow social norms and are judged for being independent.
I personally think outsiders are those who do not follow social norms and are judged for being independent.
nature8.png x Iron Belt Buckle Current
Count:
Buckles
xx xxxxxxxxxxxxx treasure.png
^My Goals!^
fc4zvun.png
rI18gRz.png
mlHpBMC.png
o4KdtaP.png
VjdktqS.png
Sorrowspark#0101
To define the term outsider one must first define the situation. In a group of black sheep a white sheep could be an outsider. In a group of people who all think differently, two people who think exactly the same would be outsiders. "Outsider" is relative to the people using it and what may be considered an outsider varies from perspective to perspective.

Let's take the sheep example from earlier. If you look at the sheep as many black sheep and one white, you could consider the white one the outsider, but, if you look at them and think that there are just a lot of sheep then there are no outsiders, only sheep.

Now imagine that these sheep are self-aware. If the white sheep perceives itself as an outsider, but no one else does, then is it an outsider or not? Is the sheep misunderstood? No, not necessarily, the other sheep could be understanding the white one perfectly well, because they are accepting of the sheep's opinion on itself, therefore the opinion is accepted and not misunderstood, but because the sheep still views itself an as "outsider" it may still be one.

Translation: The act of being an "outsider" is a personal viewpoint that does not necessarily stem from being misunderstood.

Lol can you tell I spent 2 years in a Theory of Knowledge class ^^""
To define the term outsider one must first define the situation. In a group of black sheep a white sheep could be an outsider. In a group of people who all think differently, two people who think exactly the same would be outsiders. "Outsider" is relative to the people using it and what may be considered an outsider varies from perspective to perspective.

Let's take the sheep example from earlier. If you look at the sheep as many black sheep and one white, you could consider the white one the outsider, but, if you look at them and think that there are just a lot of sheep then there are no outsiders, only sheep.

Now imagine that these sheep are self-aware. If the white sheep perceives itself as an outsider, but no one else does, then is it an outsider or not? Is the sheep misunderstood? No, not necessarily, the other sheep could be understanding the white one perfectly well, because they are accepting of the sheep's opinion on itself, therefore the opinion is accepted and not misunderstood, but because the sheep still views itself an as "outsider" it may still be one.

Translation: The act of being an "outsider" is a personal viewpoint that does not necessarily stem from being misunderstood.

Lol can you tell I spent 2 years in a Theory of Knowledge class ^^""
Yi8U9eL.pngX4Rja7n.pngYi8U9eL.png
8RAJoZx.gif +3 hours FR time
I agree with both DarknessReborn and Yagine. An outsider is often one considered to be deviant in regards to typical social norms, which varies by culture.

However, whether or not one considers themselves an outsider is all based on perception. Being an outsider doesn't necessarily mean that you're misunderstood, just that you view yourself as different compared to many others in your society.
I agree with both DarknessReborn and Yagine. An outsider is often one considered to be deviant in regards to typical social norms, which varies by culture.

However, whether or not one considers themselves an outsider is all based on perception. Being an outsider doesn't necessarily mean that you're misunderstood, just that you view yourself as different compared to many others in your society.
1f7Wab5.png x F5AeglI.png x x
x
x
< - avatar
x

ahzidal (captain)
they / them
about
This thread is an outsider because, as it doesn't relate to FR, it belongs in general discussion! Very meta :0
This thread is an outsider because, as it doesn't relate to FR, it belongs in general discussion! Very meta :0
8XINyeM.png-Homa3Wo.png-sCV73Cw.png
Perhaps both? It's always a possibility.
Perhaps both? It's always a possibility.
FR Time +3 | He/Him | I can be pretty strange at times