Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Baldwin's Bubbling Brew.
Hello.

Being new to this game, I haven't a clue if this has been pointed out before or not, but in any case, I would like to make a suggestion. That suggestion being doing something with the early recipes you have and unlock. What I mean is, if I want to craft f.ex, glowing "X" clawtips, I need to have the usual goo's and oozes, which is fine, but also 15 of Common Podid Claws/Southmarsh Podid Claws, which you can only get from a level 24 area in the Coliseum, according to the wiki anyhow. This is for level 2 Alchemy, which is tad out of reach for newbies, for at least a long long time.

Would it not be better to give players access to more achievable apparel and items via Baldwin, to incentivize players to make use of this service? To save these items for later, and replace them with items that are more achievable, that require reagents from the monsters in early level range?

Apologies if I didn't make myself clear, I will try to clarify if need be. And thanks to anyone who takes the time to read this~
Hello.

Being new to this game, I haven't a clue if this has been pointed out before or not, but in any case, I would like to make a suggestion. That suggestion being doing something with the early recipes you have and unlock. What I mean is, if I want to craft f.ex, glowing "X" clawtips, I need to have the usual goo's and oozes, which is fine, but also 15 of Common Podid Claws/Southmarsh Podid Claws, which you can only get from a level 24 area in the Coliseum, according to the wiki anyhow. This is for level 2 Alchemy, which is tad out of reach for newbies, for at least a long long time.

Would it not be better to give players access to more achievable apparel and items via Baldwin, to incentivize players to make use of this service? To save these items for later, and replace them with items that are more achievable, that require reagents from the monsters in early level range?

Apologies if I didn't make myself clear, I will try to clarify if need be. And thanks to anyone who takes the time to read this~
While I do think it is very very weird that one of the earliest brews requires such a late coli item, they are easily bought from other players. Changing the order of brews now would just cause mass chaos as people get even more confused on where things are.
While I do think it is very very weird that one of the earliest brews requires such a late coli item, they are easily bought from other players. Changing the order of brews now would just cause mass chaos as people get even more confused on where things are.
@Dreamguard

I believe part of the reason is that the Mire is a VERY common place for people to grind so even if it is out of reach for newer players, they can still very easily buy the claws from other players.

I also believe that they wanted recipes in the lower levels that used up a lot of the more common items out there, and podid claws were one of them (don't know if they are anymore) (Plus, the coliseum was part of the site for a lot longer than Baldwin's so that is why there are probably skewed recipes. Baldwin came out after I joined the site, while the coliseum I believe was part of the site when it first opened. This means that the players had a lot longer to acquire the coliseum loot and thus build up a huge supply of many of them)

On a side note, it also isn't uncommon for new players to be loaned or given (though this isn't site sanctioned) level 25s to help them train their own team so even new players often have access to the higher levels.

While I don't agree with changing current recipes (either in level or what they require) I would support adding more recipes that requires lower level loot to all levels of baldwin.
@Dreamguard

I believe part of the reason is that the Mire is a VERY common place for people to grind so even if it is out of reach for newer players, they can still very easily buy the claws from other players.

I also believe that they wanted recipes in the lower levels that used up a lot of the more common items out there, and podid claws were one of them (don't know if they are anymore) (Plus, the coliseum was part of the site for a lot longer than Baldwin's so that is why there are probably skewed recipes. Baldwin came out after I joined the site, while the coliseum I believe was part of the site when it first opened. This means that the players had a lot longer to acquire the coliseum loot and thus build up a huge supply of many of them)

On a side note, it also isn't uncommon for new players to be loaned or given (though this isn't site sanctioned) level 25s to help them train their own team so even new players often have access to the higher levels.

While I don't agree with changing current recipes (either in level or what they require) I would support adding more recipes that requires lower level loot to all levels of baldwin.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
I would like that while you are transmuting items you could still click on recipes to brew and the list of what is still needed to create the recipe would appear.

This would save time from having to write down the recipe and then looking up how many materials you have or still need.

It would also be nice to have the list available in Baldwins Brew of where to get the types to brew.
Alchemy
Food/Goo
Materials/Ooze
Apparel/Slime
Familiars/Muck
Other/Sludge

I have to put this list in my Clan profile because I can never remember which type is from where.
I would like that while you are transmuting items you could still click on recipes to brew and the list of what is still needed to create the recipe would appear.

This would save time from having to write down the recipe and then looking up how many materials you have or still need.

It would also be nice to have the list available in Baldwins Brew of where to get the types to brew.
Alchemy
Food/Goo
Materials/Ooze
Apparel/Slime
Familiars/Muck
Other/Sludge

I have to put this list in my Clan profile because I can never remember which type is from where.
Thank you for your time!

If that is the case, fair enough then. Though I must say that personally I am little disappointed that I can't gather all needed materials on my own in a while from now. Keyword "personally", I don't expect anything to change to cater to my needs and my needs only x) But good to know that the claws are common, I may need to stalk the marketplace a little bit now.

@JoJoBean
Seconded. I use the wiki, but it would be nice to have a list on the side, if only to reveal what you get from where after you yourself have made the discovery.
Thank you for your time!

If that is the case, fair enough then. Though I must say that personally I am little disappointed that I can't gather all needed materials on my own in a while from now. Keyword "personally", I don't expect anything to change to cater to my needs and my needs only x) But good to know that the claws are common, I may need to stalk the marketplace a little bit now.

@JoJoBean
Seconded. I use the wiki, but it would be nice to have a list on the side, if only to reveal what you get from where after you yourself have made the discovery.
@Dreamguard

If you want, I could *try* to grind the mire to get you some claws (I *REALLY* need to start training my fodder dragons again and maybe this will give me incentive)

I also do understand your point as I am usually that way myself, why buy something when I can get it for free myself. (however, if you use a guide for the coliseum, then training your dragons might go fast, I have heard of people training them to 25 in a weekend, though it took me about 6 months to do it...)

and support on what gives what, I used to have a list by my computer but the cats kept playing with the clip I used to hang it up.
@Dreamguard

If you want, I could *try* to grind the mire to get you some claws (I *REALLY* need to start training my fodder dragons again and maybe this will give me incentive)

I also do understand your point as I am usually that way myself, why buy something when I can get it for free myself. (however, if you use a guide for the coliseum, then training your dragons might go fast, I have heard of people training them to 25 in a weekend, though it took me about 6 months to do it...)

and support on what gives what, I used to have a list by my computer but the cats kept playing with the clip I used to hang it up.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png

14318365.png
@Jemadar
I appreciate the offer, though know that you don't -have- to : )

Would introducing mobs to lower level area that drop these higher level items be possible though? Or would that mess with something as well?
@Jemadar
I appreciate the offer, though know that you don't -have- to : )

Would introducing mobs to lower level area that drop these higher level items be possible though? Or would that mess with something as well?
@Dreamguard

Don't worry, I need an incentive to actually get into the coliseum. I have a nest waiting to hatch, about 10+ dragons I need to train for fodder and then sell, and I need the food as well. Riot of Rot (Plague's festival that just happened) gave me some incentive as the best place to get currency was the mire it seemed, but it didn't last long.

As for the introducing lower level enemies, I think the admins want each venue to be as unique as possible with each enemy having exclusive drops. I believe they have changed some of the lower level enemies who use to drop items that were either shared between other enemies or were available elsewhere to drops that were unique to those enemies.

There is going to be a coliseum revamp soon hopefully (there is supposed to be a testing period of it coming up very soon I believe) so it may become slightly easier to level dragons (not so much in the actual experience gained, but we should get keyboard controls which would make it easier hopefully, though the Agility stat is going to get a revamp so most guides out there will probably be out of date after it comes out). That might help with some of the issues of lower level recipes using higher level loot (though I believe that some of the higher level recipes require lower level loot so in a way it balances out)
@Dreamguard

Don't worry, I need an incentive to actually get into the coliseum. I have a nest waiting to hatch, about 10+ dragons I need to train for fodder and then sell, and I need the food as well. Riot of Rot (Plague's festival that just happened) gave me some incentive as the best place to get currency was the mire it seemed, but it didn't last long.

As for the introducing lower level enemies, I think the admins want each venue to be as unique as possible with each enemy having exclusive drops. I believe they have changed some of the lower level enemies who use to drop items that were either shared between other enemies or were available elsewhere to drops that were unique to those enemies.

There is going to be a coliseum revamp soon hopefully (there is supposed to be a testing period of it coming up very soon I believe) so it may become slightly easier to level dragons (not so much in the actual experience gained, but we should get keyboard controls which would make it easier hopefully, though the Agility stat is going to get a revamp so most guides out there will probably be out of date after it comes out). That might help with some of the issues of lower level recipes using higher level loot (though I believe that some of the higher level recipes require lower level loot so in a way it balances out)

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png

14318365.png
@Jemadar

Alright, good to know. Will wait and see what happens with the coliseum in the future then.
@Jemadar

Alright, good to know. Will wait and see what happens with the coliseum in the future then.
@Dreamguard

yeah, that is what we are doing. If you want to read up about it, I believe there is a stickied thread in the Flight Rising Discussion forum about it.
@Dreamguard

yeah, that is what we are doing. If you want to read up about it, I believe there is a stickied thread in the Flight Rising Discussion forum about it.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png

14318365.png