Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | wind or lightening? cant decide
hi everyone,

i joined FR three years ago, back in 2014. when i joined up, i picked lightening. had a year haitus from flight rising due to too much work in my life. came back and lightening forums feel so different. not a bad thing- of course communities change over time- but i dont feel like its the old lightening anymore. it could just be that ive changed.

ive thought about changing to wind. i love the windsinger's description and i feel like wind might be a lot of fun. but i still have nostalgia towards lightening. what drew me towards lightening was the imagery of being fast, adaptable, energetic, chaotic, independent, and full of creative passion. i feel like, as lightening grew and changed over time, those traits became more focused on workaholism, perfectionism, and scientific method-type stuff. of course, those jokes were around back in 2014, but they werent as defining. lightening is still as chill and drama-free as i remember it being, which i like a lot, but i dont feel like thats enough for me to stick around. (also i want to stress this is largely personal feelings based and theres nothing wrong with these new traits, its just that i feel like they dont fit what i enjoy.)

what is the wind community like? i remember words on the wind newspaper evolved out of the wind forum, and i think that is really cool! im going into the visual arts as a career (concept art for video games) as it has always been my drive and happiness in life, and so i want to know if wind has a strong community of artists/writers/musicians/ect because making fellow artist friends would be fun! any advice or information would be great!
hi everyone,

i joined FR three years ago, back in 2014. when i joined up, i picked lightening. had a year haitus from flight rising due to too much work in my life. came back and lightening forums feel so different. not a bad thing- of course communities change over time- but i dont feel like its the old lightening anymore. it could just be that ive changed.

ive thought about changing to wind. i love the windsinger's description and i feel like wind might be a lot of fun. but i still have nostalgia towards lightening. what drew me towards lightening was the imagery of being fast, adaptable, energetic, chaotic, independent, and full of creative passion. i feel like, as lightening grew and changed over time, those traits became more focused on workaholism, perfectionism, and scientific method-type stuff. of course, those jokes were around back in 2014, but they werent as defining. lightening is still as chill and drama-free as i remember it being, which i like a lot, but i dont feel like thats enough for me to stick around. (also i want to stress this is largely personal feelings based and theres nothing wrong with these new traits, its just that i feel like they dont fit what i enjoy.)

what is the wind community like? i remember words on the wind newspaper evolved out of the wind forum, and i think that is really cool! im going into the visual arts as a career (concept art for video games) as it has always been my drive and happiness in life, and so i want to know if wind has a strong community of artists/writers/musicians/ect because making fellow artist friends would be fun! any advice or information would be great!
@chromaticCrow

Actually, you're looking for shadow.

energetic: As one of the biggest clans there always is something going on. Always. Even in non-dom times!

chaotic: We are literally anarchists. We trust Shadows to lead and care for themselves. No leaders & no masters needed here: Just people with ideas helping each other.

independent: No leaders means if you want to do something you make sure nobody else is doing it, then start it yourself. If someone else is doing it then you just lend a hand and help it grow. :)

adaptable: Due to being anarchic people drop out sometimes. Someone always takes over and you just roll with the punches. That said, if you are the one who needs to drop out there are always others who can cover for you. We're pretty forgiving.

full of creative passion:
This is down to the individual. If you want to be creative and do something, Dom art is always organizing and we really could use more help. If dom isn't your thing, there's plenty of space to start projects or jump on and help others.
@chromaticCrow

Actually, you're looking for shadow.

energetic: As one of the biggest clans there always is something going on. Always. Even in non-dom times!

chaotic: We are literally anarchists. We trust Shadows to lead and care for themselves. No leaders & no masters needed here: Just people with ideas helping each other.

independent: No leaders means if you want to do something you make sure nobody else is doing it, then start it yourself. If someone else is doing it then you just lend a hand and help it grow. :)

adaptable: Due to being anarchic people drop out sometimes. Someone always takes over and you just roll with the punches. That said, if you are the one who needs to drop out there are always others who can cover for you. We're pretty forgiving.

full of creative passion:
This is down to the individual. If you want to be creative and do something, Dom art is always organizing and we really could use more help. If dom isn't your thing, there's plenty of space to start projects or jump on and help others.
2q1bbjm.png302ngoh.png2ika7f9.png2zg87ib.png
~~Come to Wind~~~ WE GOT CORGIS.

~~Come to Wind~~~ WE GOT CORGIS.

84si1j.png
Arcane
We do dom every month, we're always either 2nd place for profit, or 1st place for conquest!
Our forums are super damn fast, we don't leave any stone unturned!
We donate to charities, dom is getting better..
And
HAMILTON

P.S
Who doesn't like Spacedad, he has a twitter
P.P.S
We 'make memes and help dom'
Arcane
We do dom every month, we're always either 2nd place for profit, or 1st place for conquest!
Our forums are super damn fast, we don't leave any stone unturned!
We donate to charities, dom is getting better..
And
HAMILTON

P.S
Who doesn't like Spacedad, he has a twitter
P.P.S
We 'make memes and help dom'
Current Sweetpuff hoard: 47
SWEETPUFF SYNONYMS
he/him
usually found eliminating sweetpuffs in the coli to acquire them