Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Familiar Bonding Ideas
So this could have been suggested before and there might be flaws but I am not sure since I am still relatively new.

When going through my dragons and bonding with my familiars it occured to me, why can't we bond with familiars in mass from our dragon lair or at the very least from the familiar selection page.

For example on page one of the dragon lair there should be a button that says "Bond with all familiars" with the heart. When you click it the pop up comes up with all of the gold and the chests earned if any. If a familiar goes up in bond level it displays that message or says "Dragonname's familiar has advanced to loyal, etc. etc."

That's one idea for this. However the big one that would be extremely useful is on the Choose Familiar page where it displays the current familiar and next to where the Remove button is there should be the Heart to bond with that familiar. This way people can bond with all their familiars not equip without much hassle. There are over 400 familiars in the game and lair expansions can get rather expensive.

Please ping me with @Repinski with any thoughts or comments on this. I am very curious as to what you all think.

Thank you for your time.
So this could have been suggested before and there might be flaws but I am not sure since I am still relatively new.

When going through my dragons and bonding with my familiars it occured to me, why can't we bond with familiars in mass from our dragon lair or at the very least from the familiar selection page.

For example on page one of the dragon lair there should be a button that says "Bond with all familiars" with the heart. When you click it the pop up comes up with all of the gold and the chests earned if any. If a familiar goes up in bond level it displays that message or says "Dragonname's familiar has advanced to loyal, etc. etc."

That's one idea for this. However the big one that would be extremely useful is on the Choose Familiar page where it displays the current familiar and next to where the Remove button is there should be the Heart to bond with that familiar. This way people can bond with all their familiars not equip without much hassle. There are over 400 familiars in the game and lair expansions can get rather expensive.

Please ping me with @Repinski with any thoughts or comments on this. I am very curious as to what you all think.

Thank you for your time.
Wishlist
566.png
I always support a 'bond all' option for familiars but unfortunately these types of ideas usually get shot down.
The main reason being that basically, many believe that to gain from the familiars you should put in the currently required effort.
I always support a 'bond all' option for familiars but unfortunately these types of ideas usually get shot down.
The main reason being that basically, many believe that to gain from the familiars you should put in the currently required effort.
I wish there would be a 'search' option in Bestiary so you could type in the name of the familiar and you'd see if you already have it or not, because it's kinda annoying to have to go through all the pages.
I wish there would be a 'search' option in Bestiary so you could type in the name of the familiar and you'd see if you already have it or not, because it's kinda annoying to have to go through all the pages.
I think the main argument against this is that it would be a ton of coding and the coders we have are already spread very thin. It'd also lag the site a lot and be a general strain overall. There are more important things that need attention and familiar bonding isn't one of them.
I think the main argument against this is that it would be a ton of coding and the coders we have are already spread very thin. It'd also lag the site a lot and be a general strain overall. There are more important things that need attention and familiar bonding isn't one of them.
uCR5SCW.png
Absolutely no support. If people want treasure and gilded chests, they can work for it. Bonding with familiars is not necessary; it's a bonus. An extra. If someone can't bond with them all...don't. That person could use the time to earn even more treasure from the FG. Being able to Bond All with familiars means a ton more treasure getting poured into the system. I only bond with the familiars permanently connected to my dragons. If I Bonded All with a single click, I would get over 400 familiars bonded instead of a couple dozen. Once they're all awakened, that would be 20,000 treasure I would earn from a single, effortless click every single day. And that's not even counting all the gilded chests it would throw into the system; people already complain those are worthless. Can you imagine how worthless they'd become then?

Clicking through every page generates a lot of ad revenue for FR. A Bond All would literally rip money from the site to help it run. This also factors into the gems we get from chests earned through Bonding. FR can afford to give us those gems because of ad revenue. If we take away the ad revenue with a "Bond All" button, then we really are putting FR into a hole financially. In that case, FR may just nerf the chests to make up for it, making bonding (and other chests) far less profitable.

Plus, it makes no sense lore wise. "Hi familiars! I want to get close to you all, but I can't be bothered to to spend time with you all individually. So get close together, and I'll glance at you all once! There! Don't you all feel so much closer to me? Now gimme treasure."

And then what? We get to the end of all our familiars in a couple months, then FR gets flooded with suggestions for stages beyond Awakened and random drops of gilded chests beyond that (with all the economical implications brought on), people complaining about familiars being boring and worthless once awakened, and/or demands for more and more familiars being released at a faster pace so people have more to bond with to get the rewards, creating a negative spiral. More and more familiars would also put newer members at a disadvantage; as the list of retired familiars grows, newcomers are looking at more and more daily rewards they can't get because they cannot bond with those familiars.

The only things I would support are: bond individually through the Bestiary, color-coded hearts so people know which familiars they bonded with/which stage each familiar is at, keyboard controls for bonding, OR a way to bond without scrolling down. The latter, I came up with a workaround. Zoom out so you view FR at 80%. This fits the familiar button on screen so users can click without scrolling.

I mean, I could argue that playing the Fairgrounds for cap is tedious. Therefore, FR should just give me cap every day since I can't be bothered to actually earn the treasure myself. After all, it would be "extremely useful" and "not much hassle." No support. This always feels like a laziness suggestion.

http://flightrising.com/main.php?board=sug&id=1194354&p=mb
Absolutely no support. If people want treasure and gilded chests, they can work for it. Bonding with familiars is not necessary; it's a bonus. An extra. If someone can't bond with them all...don't. That person could use the time to earn even more treasure from the FG. Being able to Bond All with familiars means a ton more treasure getting poured into the system. I only bond with the familiars permanently connected to my dragons. If I Bonded All with a single click, I would get over 400 familiars bonded instead of a couple dozen. Once they're all awakened, that would be 20,000 treasure I would earn from a single, effortless click every single day. And that's not even counting all the gilded chests it would throw into the system; people already complain those are worthless. Can you imagine how worthless they'd become then?

Clicking through every page generates a lot of ad revenue for FR. A Bond All would literally rip money from the site to help it run. This also factors into the gems we get from chests earned through Bonding. FR can afford to give us those gems because of ad revenue. If we take away the ad revenue with a "Bond All" button, then we really are putting FR into a hole financially. In that case, FR may just nerf the chests to make up for it, making bonding (and other chests) far less profitable.

Plus, it makes no sense lore wise. "Hi familiars! I want to get close to you all, but I can't be bothered to to spend time with you all individually. So get close together, and I'll glance at you all once! There! Don't you all feel so much closer to me? Now gimme treasure."

And then what? We get to the end of all our familiars in a couple months, then FR gets flooded with suggestions for stages beyond Awakened and random drops of gilded chests beyond that (with all the economical implications brought on), people complaining about familiars being boring and worthless once awakened, and/or demands for more and more familiars being released at a faster pace so people have more to bond with to get the rewards, creating a negative spiral. More and more familiars would also put newer members at a disadvantage; as the list of retired familiars grows, newcomers are looking at more and more daily rewards they can't get because they cannot bond with those familiars.

The only things I would support are: bond individually through the Bestiary, color-coded hearts so people know which familiars they bonded with/which stage each familiar is at, keyboard controls for bonding, OR a way to bond without scrolling down. The latter, I came up with a workaround. Zoom out so you view FR at 80%. This fits the familiar button on screen so users can click without scrolling.

I mean, I could argue that playing the Fairgrounds for cap is tedious. Therefore, FR should just give me cap every day since I can't be bothered to actually earn the treasure myself. After all, it would be "extremely useful" and "not much hassle." No support. This always feels like a laziness suggestion.

http://flightrising.com/main.php?board=sug&id=1194354&p=mb
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?