Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Name Change
I'm a trans person, and my Facebook was recently locked for not using my legal name. So, sometime soon, someone will be walking around with the name Casamir Enoch Tolkien. That someone will be me.
I'm a trans person, and my Facebook was recently locked for not using my legal name. So, sometime soon, someone will be walking around with the name Casamir Enoch Tolkien. That someone will be me.
OirRW.gif
I'm always afraid that FB is gonna lock mine because 'Kaito' is not my legal name...
I'm always afraid that FB is gonna lock mine because 'Kaito' is not my legal name...
U80694W.png
That's pretty crap, why would Facebook lock you for not having your real name? What next, gonna lock you for lying and taking a few pounds off your weight, lol.

Oh, and hello @BezimiennyRaptor
That's pretty crap, why would Facebook lock you for not having your real name? What next, gonna lock you for lying and taking a few pounds off your weight, lol.

Oh, and hello @BezimiennyRaptor
==== shadowshade.png 7ntZZGM.png
Bb9XFYa.png
7A7cEAI.png
84955029p.png mlSrRbK.png
BzjAkuF.png
YMPbu9R.png
shadow.png
@CasamirTolkien

Oh goodness! I hope I not locked for using a fake name!

//I didn't know that they did that, when did that start happening?
@CasamirTolkien

Oh goodness! I hope I not locked for using a fake name!

//I didn't know that they did that, when did that start happening?
tumblr_inline_nzzpbdkauA1tgoz4u_500.gif
@Sai Somewhere in 2015. People with fake sounding names can get reported and locked. Which unfortunately screws Native Americans, LGBT+ and other minorities over.

Even your real "normal" name could get you banned. If you are not from an English-speaking country and your name contains strange sounds. >.>
@Sai Somewhere in 2015. People with fake sounding names can get reported and locked. Which unfortunately screws Native Americans, LGBT+ and other minorities over.

Even your real "normal" name could get you banned. If you are not from an English-speaking country and your name contains strange sounds. >.>
light_small.png
Happiness can be found,
even in the darkest of times,
if one only remembers to turn on the light.

light_small.png
@CasamirTolkien I'm so sorry that happened to you, I couldn't find help on google (I know I've seen resources on tumblr but I don't tag things well enough to find it). I had my name in my native language's syllabic and fb forced me to change it, and now won't let me change back, first it said I had to wait 60 days, now it says I changed it too many times like :/

Also I feel for you so much because I'm trans too, but had my name legally changed (was considerably easier since my name relates to my culture, where all names are gender neutral).

I really hope things get sorted out.
@CasamirTolkien I'm so sorry that happened to you, I couldn't find help on google (I know I've seen resources on tumblr but I don't tag things well enough to find it). I had my name in my native language's syllabic and fb forced me to change it, and now won't let me change back, first it said I had to wait 60 days, now it says I changed it too many times like :/

Also I feel for you so much because I'm trans too, but had my name legally changed (was considerably easier since my name relates to my culture, where all names are gender neutral).

I really hope things get sorted out.
xe/xyr/xem
facebook dumb
facebook dumb
Every Drop Counts http://dragcave.net/user/eener9lilly im mediator 99% introvert INFP-T if you talk to me irl i will walk into a wall. MYSTIC FR+16Aussie
eener9lilly.pngcourier_pearl.gif
Basically, if the name isn't American, you get banned. :L That is a dumb move on FB's part.

I have one under a fake name, but I think it sounds legit enough >_> Not like I used it for anything besides games though anyway. I don't go on it anymore, so I guess I'm fine anyway
Basically, if the name isn't American, you get banned. :L That is a dumb move on FB's part.

I have one under a fake name, but I think it sounds legit enough >_> Not like I used it for anything besides games though anyway. I don't go on it anymore, so I guess I'm fine anyway
L O A D I N G . . .
spinning_time_gear_by_partheosis-d91zrz2.gifspinning_time_gear_by_partheosis-d91zrz2.gifspinning_time_gear_by_partheosis-d91zrz2.gifspinning_time_gear_by_partheosis-d91zrz2.gifspinning_time_gear_by_partheosis-d91zrz2.gif
Dang, FB. Thats lame. I wish you luck with your name change, though! Hopefully it's speedy.
Dang, FB. Thats lame. I wish you luck with your name change, though! Hopefully it's speedy.
466w8yC.png
It most likely triggered the system because I made a new account to use my name, and added a lot of the same people and uploaded some of my old pictures that I wanted to keep. (I have 7 rats, so that was a lot of similar rat pictures to upload.)

But considering I'm in debt from my wisdom tooth removal, I'm working on crowdfunding with friends. Hopefully it goes somewhere. If not, I'm off to marry one of my friends, because it's cheaper.

The funniest part? I've spent my whole life with the legal name ''Robey''. So, it's not like I didn't already have a very unusual sounding name. :P
It most likely triggered the system because I made a new account to use my name, and added a lot of the same people and uploaded some of my old pictures that I wanted to keep. (I have 7 rats, so that was a lot of similar rat pictures to upload.)

But considering I'm in debt from my wisdom tooth removal, I'm working on crowdfunding with friends. Hopefully it goes somewhere. If not, I'm off to marry one of my friends, because it's cheaper.

The funniest part? I've spent my whole life with the legal name ''Robey''. So, it's not like I didn't already have a very unusual sounding name. :P
OirRW.gif