Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | a few questions from a confused newbie
Okay, I have a couple of questions and I'll just go for it and ask them. If anyone can help explain, I'll be very grateful :

What is lore? Is it something to do with your dragon? What does it do/mean?

I saw someone mention melee and mage, what do they do/mean?

Okay, I have a couple of questions and I'll just go for it and ask them. If anyone can help explain, I'll be very grateful :

What is lore? Is it something to do with your dragon? What does it do/mean?

I saw someone mention melee and mage, what do they do/mean?

@JamRolyPoly
Hi there and welcome to FR! :D

The definition of lore is a body of traditions and knowledge on a subject or held by a particular group.
So, site lore is basically folklore about Sornieth (where FR is located). To find out stuff about site lore, go check out the Encyclopedia. It can be found on the left bar under "Library".
Clan lore is lore that the player comes up with about their clan. Dragon lore, or "bios", is lore about specific dragons.
Using/writing lore is completely optional on FR. I find it fun to do though, as it improves my writing skills.

Mage and Melee are two different types of Coliseum "builds". Explaining it would be kinda long winded and I myself don't know everything about it. Use this guid in the link below to read about it.
http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/1040710

If you need me to make anything clearer, or you have more questions, don't hesitate to ask. ^-^

EDIT: GreyJoy did a much better explanation than I did. >-<
@JamRolyPoly
Hi there and welcome to FR! :D

The definition of lore is a body of traditions and knowledge on a subject or held by a particular group.
So, site lore is basically folklore about Sornieth (where FR is located). To find out stuff about site lore, go check out the Encyclopedia. It can be found on the left bar under "Library".
Clan lore is lore that the player comes up with about their clan. Dragon lore, or "bios", is lore about specific dragons.
Using/writing lore is completely optional on FR. I find it fun to do though, as it improves my writing skills.

Mage and Melee are two different types of Coliseum "builds". Explaining it would be kinda long winded and I myself don't know everything about it. Use this guid in the link below to read about it.
http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/1040710

If you need me to make anything clearer, or you have more questions, don't hesitate to ask. ^-^

EDIT: GreyJoy did a much better explanation than I did. >-<
zdGr5so.png

>mysa/saint
>he/her
>FR+3
GWuVj5n.png
@JamRolyPoly

Lore, in the context of the website proper, is the mythological, folkloric and in-world information about Flight Rising. The information on the encyclopedia about the world and the deities is lore, the info on the tooltips of items and familiars is also lore.

Lore, in the context of individual players, is just stories people make up about their dragons. Dragon personalities, their adventures, clan history, that sort of thing.

A Mage is a dragon you stat to use magical abilities in the coliseum and melee uses purely physical attacks.
@JamRolyPoly

Lore, in the context of the website proper, is the mythological, folkloric and in-world information about Flight Rising. The information on the encyclopedia about the world and the deities is lore, the info on the tooltips of items and familiars is also lore.

Lore, in the context of individual players, is just stories people make up about their dragons. Dragon personalities, their adventures, clan history, that sort of thing.

A Mage is a dragon you stat to use magical abilities in the coliseum and melee uses purely physical attacks.
byGS9bb.png VtFVqTA.png
UK time. Sorry for timezone-related delays in responses. They/Them.