Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | Items That Shouldn't Be Expensive
I noticed that the following items seem to be very rare and sought after, even though they are just food items they sell for a lot, from 10kt - 100kt, or sometimes can't be found in the AH at all. [item=giant darner][item=smallmouth bass][item=billy bass][item=pale smallmouth][item=false mantis prickler][item=giant prickly stick insect][item=strawberry][item=sour strawberry][item=engineered superberry][item=tropical seaslug][item=chromodori swimmer][item=withering rose][item=jungle raincatch][item=discus] Why are they so expensive?
I noticed that the following items seem to be very rare and sought after, even though they are just food items they sell for a lot, from 10kt - 100kt, or sometimes can't be found in the AH at all.

Giant Darner Smallmouth Bass Billy Bass Pale Smallmouth False Mantis Prickler Giant Prickly Stick Insect Strawberry Sour Strawberry Engineered Superberry Tropical Seaslug Chromodori Swimmer Jungle Raincatch Discus

Why are they so expensive?
@Tengu
Well as you said, they're very rare and hard to find. And there's a few collectors out there that collect food. I believe a few of them are newer item.

It's interesting how they're so expensive but you can't trade them for anything in Swipp's stand.
@Tengu
Well as you said, they're very rare and hard to find. And there's a few collectors out there that collect food. I believe a few of them are newer item.

It's interesting how they're so expensive but you can't trade them for anything in Swipp's stand.
o007-d01-Amorah.pngo007-d02-Amorah.pngo007-d03-Amorah.pngo007-d04-Amorah.pngs064-d01-Amorah.pngs064-d02-Amorah.pngs064-d03-Amorah.pngs064-d04-Amorah.pngs064-d05-Amorah.pngs064-d06-Amorah.pngs064-d07-Amorah.pngs064-d08-Amorah.pngs064-d09-Amorah.pngs064-d10-Amorah.pngs075-d01-Amorah.pngs075-d02-Amorah.pngs075-d03-Amorah.pngs075-d04-Amorah.pngs075-d05-Amorah.pngs075-d06-Amorah.pngo007-d05-Amorah.png
ADb9Vnz.png
@Tengu

Except for boss drops, most food items with more than 6-7 points or so are just rare gathering drops.

People like to collect things on here. Some people collect trinkets. I collect gemstones and minerals. Some people collect foods, or want a collection of one of every food.

People just think they're neat.

They don't always sell, though. Unless you're patient and willing to relist, if you find one of those, you're probably best off eating them.
@Tengu

Except for boss drops, most food items with more than 6-7 points or so are just rare gathering drops.

People like to collect things on here. Some people collect trinkets. I collect gemstones and minerals. Some people collect foods, or want a collection of one of every food.

People just think they're neat.

They don't always sell, though. Unless you're patient and willing to relist, if you find one of those, you're probably best off eating them.
@tengu

The Discus can only be gathered in fishing after...i think it's level 25? might be 23. but, it's in the twenties.

@tengu

The Discus can only be gathered in fishing after...i think it's level 25? might be 23. but, it's in the twenties.

@Tengu
I believe those are all high level gathering items. So only people who have leveled up in the appropriate type of gathering can even find them. Many people who have been on the site longer (and are therefore more likely to have leveled up their gathering) have more dragons and may be using these items simply to feed their lair, or to hoard because they are rare, or might someday be used in a swap or recipe. The ones that are for sale are from people who would rather have the treasure than the food points or items, which would be a subset of those who can gather them,
@Tengu
I believe those are all high level gathering items. So only people who have leveled up in the appropriate type of gathering can even find them. Many people who have been on the site longer (and are therefore more likely to have leveled up their gathering) have more dragons and may be using these items simply to feed their lair, or to hoard because they are rare, or might someday be used in a swap or recipe. The ones that are for sale are from people who would rather have the treasure than the food points or items, which would be a subset of those who can gather them,
Shining Light Store Selling dragons. Closed for now.