Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | On the updated CoC
I noticed a few threads in my wanderings where people with health disorders or (insert variety of) identity troubles band together to discuss the issues they have with their life choice/ sickness/ what have you, to lean on each other, and to ask advice on how to handle the situations they are facing.

Do these fall under the rule of "Do not post threads requesting or providing medical advice or counseling"? I only ask because threads that call out, for example, for advice on how to deal with depression or mental disorders feel like requesting counseling to me and I just want to be sure that I won't get burned for participating in such a discussion.
I noticed a few threads in my wanderings where people with health disorders or (insert variety of) identity troubles band together to discuss the issues they have with their life choice/ sickness/ what have you, to lean on each other, and to ask advice on how to handle the situations they are facing.

Do these fall under the rule of "Do not post threads requesting or providing medical advice or counseling"? I only ask because threads that call out, for example, for advice on how to deal with depression or mental disorders feel like requesting counseling to me and I just want to be sure that I won't get burned for participating in such a discussion.
Hello there @Zemratsu! Actually, that rule has been there for quite a while and was not part of the recent update. For further clarification on this rule, please ask the staff via Contact Us. Thank you!
Hello there @Zemratsu! Actually, that rule has been there for quite a while and was not part of the recent update. For further clarification on this rule, please ask the staff via Contact Us. Thank you!
Tundra with the words 'Love is the Brightest Light'
Volunteer Moderator :If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback regarding moderation, please feel free to use the Contact Us form.
@Zemratsu I've participated in several threads that served as support discussions / talked about how people get by day-to-day. They're a lot more like chats friend-to-friend than actual counseling. So long as you're not giving people clinical advice, it's never been an issue.
@Zemratsu I've participated in several threads that served as support discussions / talked about how people get by day-to-day. They're a lot more like chats friend-to-friend than actual counseling. So long as you're not giving people clinical advice, it's never been an issue.
1WaPPyd.png

divider by irithyll