Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | I just want a hug.
Warning: I'm not in a great mood. At all.

I just want to feel pretty. I just want to feel loved. I want someone to actually start a conversation with me. Or if I can dream big; I want someone to go to me and hug me, telling me he/she will be there for me and that everything will be okay.

I hate it to be not perfect. Because everybody seems to want me to be perfect. I have to listen to other people their problems and give my advice. And they tell me I can do the same to them, but when I do they'll tell me that I am just the one who's being stupid and having to move on. Or they will just tell me not to know what to say and that they can't give advice.
Even when I play accordion everybody has something to complain about. ''I heard you weren't playing the exact notes that you had to.'' ''I didn't like the sounds you were using.'' ''You're taste of music is crap and I'm telling you that that's a fact.'' ''You will never make it.''

Just all everybody can do is complain about me, it seems. And people tell me they'll be there for me when I need them. But when I need somebody to care, there is no one around to talk to.

I just feel lonely. I want a real hug. I want all those freaking problems to be over. I don't want to have those damn thoughts about making an end. I just want to be happy.
Warning: I'm not in a great mood. At all.

I just want to feel pretty. I just want to feel loved. I want someone to actually start a conversation with me. Or if I can dream big; I want someone to go to me and hug me, telling me he/she will be there for me and that everything will be okay.

I hate it to be not perfect. Because everybody seems to want me to be perfect. I have to listen to other people their problems and give my advice. And they tell me I can do the same to them, but when I do they'll tell me that I am just the one who's being stupid and having to move on. Or they will just tell me not to know what to say and that they can't give advice.
Even when I play accordion everybody has something to complain about. ''I heard you weren't playing the exact notes that you had to.'' ''I didn't like the sounds you were using.'' ''You're taste of music is crap and I'm telling you that that's a fact.'' ''You will never make it.''

Just all everybody can do is complain about me, it seems. And people tell me they'll be there for me when I need them. But when I need somebody to care, there is no one around to talk to.

I just feel lonely. I want a real hug. I want all those freaking problems to be over. I don't want to have those damn thoughts about making an end. I just want to be happy.
eJwnQQD.png
I'd hug you so hard. No one is perfect. No-one. My best advice for you is, do something else. Do something to help take your mind off how you're feeling. It's not easy, I know, but It should help. Watch something silly on youtube, play a game, read a book, lay down and relax. If you need to vent, you can talk to me. Or you can try writing your feelings down, it may help.
I'd hug you so hard. No one is perfect. No-one. My best advice for you is, do something else. Do something to help take your mind off how you're feeling. It's not easy, I know, but It should help. Watch something silly on youtube, play a game, read a book, lay down and relax. If you need to vent, you can talk to me. Or you can try writing your feelings down, it may help.
@DiNozzo No one is perfect and at times I feel a bit lonely too (I end up hugging my cat who just accepts the hug and purrs). I'm not the best with words ^_^; Listen to some music, watch some cartoons/tv shows/etc, read a book/manga/comic, draw, write, and that might prove to be a good distraction. [img]https://j4zzh4nd5.files.wordpress.com/2013/07/virtual-hug-jazz-hands.gif[/img]
@DiNozzo

No one is perfect and at times I feel a bit lonely too (I end up hugging my cat who just accepts the hug and purrs). I'm not the best with words ^_^; Listen to some music, watch some cartoons/tv shows/etc, read a book/manga/comic, draw, write, and that might prove to be a good distraction.

virtual-hug-jazz-hands.gif
tumblr_nvbmx7Aqk71u2bprpo1_100.pngarcane_zps910ae348.png
I'm not the best at supporting people, so I'll just leave some advice here. Feel free to ignore it if it doesn't work for you.

Like Dagger said, no one is perfect. And even though society seems to constantly tell you you need to be perfect, it's actually not true.

Changing your perspective can also help. Taking your accordion example: Who are you playing for? Are you playing for other people to listen? Or are you playing for yourself and other people just happen to hear it? If it's the latter, their opinion doesn't matter. Tell them you're playing because you enjoy it, not to gain their approval. You don't "have" to do anything other than avoid harming people with that thing.

As for the people who don't support you when they really don't, I'm afraid I can't help you with that. Personally I'd cut them out of my life because I'm never friends with anyone just for the sake of having friends, so I can't really relate to people who need to be with others. Probably find friends who do care, though I'm aware that is also impossibly hard for some people. :/
I'm not the best at supporting people, so I'll just leave some advice here. Feel free to ignore it if it doesn't work for you.

Like Dagger said, no one is perfect. And even though society seems to constantly tell you you need to be perfect, it's actually not true.

Changing your perspective can also help. Taking your accordion example: Who are you playing for? Are you playing for other people to listen? Or are you playing for yourself and other people just happen to hear it? If it's the latter, their opinion doesn't matter. Tell them you're playing because you enjoy it, not to gain their approval. You don't "have" to do anything other than avoid harming people with that thing.

As for the people who don't support you when they really don't, I'm afraid I can't help you with that. Personally I'd cut them out of my life because I'm never friends with anyone just for the sake of having friends, so I can't really relate to people who need to be with others. Probably find friends who do care, though I'm aware that is also impossibly hard for some people. :/
..............QPMqEIe.png DtSukjn.png
ED7Ocw5.png
Wwl9tUS.png
btj5Ikk.png
@DiNozzo

-hugs tight- you are not alone and if you ever need someone to talk to I'm always glad to listen.
@DiNozzo

-hugs tight- you are not alone and if you ever need someone to talk to I'm always glad to listen.
tumblr_inline_o8pnmbVxfC1ts73zp_540.png
@DiNozzo
*hugs you as do my three fluffy fluff tundras*
@DiNozzo
*hugs you as do my three fluffy fluff tundras*
dciwot5-80b6a7a2-0a6c-442d-b1f4-7c9a8831b54a.pngart_shop_sig_smaller_by_fullmetalowlchemist-dbhrfav.pngtumblr_o0ze38sI6a1u3wsjco7_100.png
GuardianOwl_sig.png
@DiNozzo

*hugs a million times*

If you need someone to talk to, I'm always free! And remember, everything perfect is never real. Just don't listen to those people. If they complain about something you do just turn around and walk away, If they don't have something nice to say, then don't listen to it! I really hope you feel better!!! *hugs once again*
@DiNozzo

*hugs a million times*

If you need someone to talk to, I'm always free! And remember, everything perfect is never real. Just don't listen to those people. If they complain about something you do just turn around and walk away, If they don't have something nice to say, then don't listen to it! I really hope you feel better!!! *hugs once again*
Ml4RN91.gif
@DiNozzo
Everything that everyone has said so far is spot on. The mentality that people/a person/any person at all has to be perfect is so incredibly toxic, it's awful and only hurts people. Nobody is perfect, and I can't stand the kind of people that only have negative things to say about people, or criticize them harshly instead of constructively.

You are you, and there's nothing wrong with that. The idea of perfection is as elusive as the idea of normality, or averageness. These things are all abstract terms defined by the individual and those individual perceptions can be warped and skewed by societal ideals (i.e: cover models, fashion magazines, even regular magazines, constantly photoshopping things and people to be this unrealistic sense of beauty). I think the most perfect thing about all people is that we're all different. There is no golden standard because no two people will ever be the exact same.

There are a lot of flaws within today's society that make it hard for a lot of people to understand how to actually help. You being able to offer advice and consolation to people who come to you with their problems? A lot of people can't even do that, and it may be why you're experiencing that backlash. I do want to say, though, the older you get, the more you'll find people capable of lending you support as well, more than likely. And these people aren't the people you're going to be surrounded by for the rest of your life, either, you'll have the opportunity to change your surroundings! I guess I feel kind of old saying so, but I hope things will get better (and if you can figure out what types to associate with, it helps).

Everyone deserves a hug when they need one, and support when they need it!
@DiNozzo
Everything that everyone has said so far is spot on. The mentality that people/a person/any person at all has to be perfect is so incredibly toxic, it's awful and only hurts people. Nobody is perfect, and I can't stand the kind of people that only have negative things to say about people, or criticize them harshly instead of constructively.

You are you, and there's nothing wrong with that. The idea of perfection is as elusive as the idea of normality, or averageness. These things are all abstract terms defined by the individual and those individual perceptions can be warped and skewed by societal ideals (i.e: cover models, fashion magazines, even regular magazines, constantly photoshopping things and people to be this unrealistic sense of beauty). I think the most perfect thing about all people is that we're all different. There is no golden standard because no two people will ever be the exact same.

There are a lot of flaws within today's society that make it hard for a lot of people to understand how to actually help. You being able to offer advice and consolation to people who come to you with their problems? A lot of people can't even do that, and it may be why you're experiencing that backlash. I do want to say, though, the older you get, the more you'll find people capable of lending you support as well, more than likely. And these people aren't the people you're going to be surrounded by for the rest of your life, either, you'll have the opportunity to change your surroundings! I guess I feel kind of old saying so, but I hope things will get better (and if you can figure out what types to associate with, it helps).

Everyone deserves a hug when they need one, and support when they need it!
20ivs74.jpgW8eFh7V.png2n7hw75.jpg3yxkewT.png[img][/img]
*Gives you a big hug*

*spews out a bunch of cliche and postive comments*

*praises you and calls you awesome*

@DiNozzo

:D

*Gives you a big hug*

*spews out a bunch of cliche and postive comments*

*praises you and calls you awesome*

@DiNozzo

:D

Stay awesome, everyone!

1 Dragon for Sale!
http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/baz/1523857

PS: For Dragon Share Forums, do not include dragons AFTER Brenna (Skydancer on Page 5). Thanks!
@DiNozzo

I'd hug you for ever.
I understand very well how you feel and I hate to know that somebody is as sad as me. If I could I would buy a plane ticket and crush you in my arms.
If you need someone to talk to I'm here.

@DiNozzo

I'd hug you for ever.
I understand very well how you feel and I hate to know that somebody is as sad as me. If I could I would buy a plane ticket and crush you in my arms.
If you need someone to talk to I'm here.

tumblr_inline_naz0azrMBD1qg78ij.png