Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Age of Expansion (FT/Race creation/OOC)
Welcome to Age of Expansion! After quite a while to hone my roleplaying and OPing abilities, I have not created a roleplay as successful as Galactic Civilizations. With that in mind, I've decided to create a third roleplay within that world, this time following the basic idea of GalCon; Endless possibilities. You can choose what to do, what the universe around you becomes. Instead of forcing a major plot device or restricting the world, I will allow the players to do what they wish. If this means going to war, or creating an alliance, or going through endless First Contacts, then so be it.
And so, here we go. If this fails, then Galactic Conquest will have been a single, impossible jewel. If it succeeds, then I'll be rather happy.

Gameplay
What I will likely call AE, confusingly, is a roleplay based on freedom. You create a race of your own, however you'd like (Within acceptable limits). You can then expand, either through alliance or through war. Or neither, if you want to be perfectly neutral. You can develop the culture, technology and personality of your species. You could focus on internal issues, or you could work more on relations with the other players. In the end, it's your choice what to do with your race. And this seems to be the reason why this type of roleplay does well.

Rules
No godmodding. As always, don't godmod. It's especially risky with this style of roleplay, where the trust is in the players.
Max size for ships will be 4KM. This is somewhat a branch of the Godmodding rule, but it should be noted.
Don't create ridiculously coincidental/mood-killing scenes. This include, but is not limited to, stumbling in on a first-encounter.
Don't flame/troll/bully. Though I dislike using the term Bully, I find it necessary in some cases.
Do not argue within the OOC. If you must, take it to Telegram.
My word is law. Though you're free to question it, I have the last say in the matter.
Make you're application interesting. I don't want to accept it because it follows rules, I want to accept it because it will make a good addition to the roleplay.
And universal-translators are aloud, but not necessary.
No one-liners. This was edited in when I found it necessary.

Unnecessary but rather interesting LORE, which have no hold on the roleplay itself, aside from allowing for references. And interest.

The Three

The Three, a name that is now legend. An alliance formed, and held, through not only war, but also disease and famine. Built from three races, each varying greatly and seemingly opposites; The brutish, reptilian Gret; The aquatic, shark-like Dicarians; and the intelligent, cat-like Nek'ar. Their power only grew for many years, but over time, they began to rely too much on each other. When the Nek'ar contracted an incurable disease, the Dicarians crumbled along side them. With the Dicarian military no longer there to accompany the Gret, outlying forces quickly moved in. Today, the ruins of these long-dead civilizations still litter unoccupied areas of space. Although the races of old have long since disappeared, their affects are still notable throughout the inhabited galaxy.

Age of Burning

The Age of Burning was filled with warfare. With the Gret's borders shrinking due to overpopulation in neighboring regions, and the Alliance beginning to deteriorate due to the loss of the Nek'ar, an insurrection exploded from the Red Giant of R'dev. Gretian forces ripping through fleet after fleet, ever expanding, the war grew to unexpected levels. However, the Gretian military failed, and soon were engulfed. They died off soon after.

After the fall of R'dev, and the complete destruction of The Three, races squabbled over land and culture and diplomacy. Unable to hold piece with so many different, varied voices, the galaxy fell into ruin, and a new generation began. This was the Age of Expansion. As new races evolved, regained footing, or simply left the warm atmosphere of their planets, new alliances were forged, new wars fought. However, this age has not been written. It is only beginning, and it is not my choice how it will end.

Time to create your races/nation. Time to join the interstellar club.
Race sheet, max of three
Name:
Appearance-
Male:
Female:
Classification:(Bird, reptile, mammal)
Average lifespan:
General personality traits:(Brutish, cold, logical, etc)
General habitat:
Egg or live birth:
Diet:
Other:

Nation sheet -Only one
Name:
Current leader(s):
Notable figures:
Notable ships:
Culture:
History:
Capital Planet:
Religion:(If any)

Edited rules
You may not have more then 900 fighters on any single ship.
If you wish to hack another player IC, they must agree that it's acceptable.

I believe that is all. I might post some stuff(Such as races, languages, etc) below, for later use. Hope some people join, I'll likely put up the IC when we reach 3 people. If I'm missing anything, please tell me, and I'm glad you read the entire OP.

This is the Out of Charater Creation center where we will have a great time i will submit my own race to show you more of what we are looking for :)
Welcome to Age of Expansion! After quite a while to hone my roleplaying and OPing abilities, I have not created a roleplay as successful as Galactic Civilizations. With that in mind, I've decided to create a third roleplay within that world, this time following the basic idea of GalCon; Endless possibilities. You can choose what to do, what the universe around you becomes. Instead of forcing a major plot device or restricting the world, I will allow the players to do what they wish. If this means going to war, or creating an alliance, or going through endless First Contacts, then so be it.
And so, here we go. If this fails, then Galactic Conquest will have been a single, impossible jewel. If it succeeds, then I'll be rather happy.

Gameplay
What I will likely call AE, confusingly, is a roleplay based on freedom. You create a race of your own, however you'd like (Within acceptable limits). You can then expand, either through alliance or through war. Or neither, if you want to be perfectly neutral. You can develop the culture, technology and personality of your species. You could focus on internal issues, or you could work more on relations with the other players. In the end, it's your choice what to do with your race. And this seems to be the reason why this type of roleplay does well.

Rules
No godmodding. As always, don't godmod. It's especially risky with this style of roleplay, where the trust is in the players.
Max size for ships will be 4KM. This is somewhat a branch of the Godmodding rule, but it should be noted.
Don't create ridiculously coincidental/mood-killing scenes. This include, but is not limited to, stumbling in on a first-encounter.
Don't flame/troll/bully. Though I dislike using the term Bully, I find it necessary in some cases.
My word is law. Though you're free to question it, I have the last say in the matter.
Make you're application interesting. I don't want to accept it because it follows rules, I want to accept it because it will make a good addition to the roleplay.

Unnecessary but rather interesting LORE, which have no hold on the roleplay itself, aside from allowing for references. And interest.

The Three

The Three, a name that is now legend. An alliance formed, and held, through not only war, but also disease and famine. Built from three races, each varying greatly and seemingly opposites; The brutish, reptilian Gret; The aquatic, shark-like Dicarians; and the intelligent, cat-like Nek'ar. Their power only grew for many years, but over time, they began to rely too much on each other. When the Nek'ar contracted an incurable disease, the Dicarians crumbled along side them. With the Dicarian military no longer there to accompany the Gret, outlying forces quickly moved in. Today, the ruins of these long-dead civilizations still litter unoccupied areas of space. Although the races of old have long since disappeared, their affects are still notable throughout the inhabited galaxy.

Age of Burning

The Age of Burning was filled with warfare. With the Gret's borders shrinking due to overpopulation in neighboring regions, and the Alliance beginning to deteriorate due to the loss of the Nek'ar, an insurrection exploded from the Red Giant of R'dev. Gretian forces ripping through fleet after fleet, ever expanding, the war grew to unexpected levels. However, the Gretian military failed, and soon were engulfed. They died off soon after.

After the fall of R'dev, and the complete destruction of The Three, races squabbled over land and culture and diplomacy. Unable to hold piece with so many different, varied voices, the galaxy fell into ruin, and a new generation began. This was the Age of Expansion. As new races evolved, regained footing, or simply left the warm atmosphere of their planets, new alliances were forged, new wars fought. However, this age has not been written. It is only beginning, and it is not my choice how it will end.

Race sheet, max of three
Name:
Appearance-
Male:
Female:
Average lifespan:
General habitat:
Egg or live birth:
Diet:
Other:

Nation sheet -Only one
Name:
Current leader(s):
Notable figures:
Notable ships:
Culture:
History:
Capital Planet:

Edited rules

I believe that is all. I might post some stuff(Such as races, languages, etc) below, for later use. Hope some people join, I'll likely put up the IC when we reach 3 people. If I'm missing anything, please tell me, and I'm glad you read the entire OP.

This is the Out of Charater Creation center where we will have a great time i will submit my own race to show you more of what we are looking for :)

Name: 335-Time-Enforcer's
Classification: humaniod - http://prntscr.com/4o5d47 (picture of them) A typical 335-Time-Enforcer's individual has a white to grayish green complexion
Average lifespan: 1000- 3000 yrs
Average height: 6ft to 7ft
male-female: A mono-gender race, 335-Time Enforcers are distinctly feminine in appearance and possess maternal instincts. Their unique physiology, expressed in a millennia-long lifespan and the ability to reproduce with a partner of any gender or species

However 335-Time-Enforcer's gender is defined, they are innately different from humaniods, for 335-Time-Enforcer's can mate and successfully reproduce with any other gender or species. Although they have one gender, they are not asexual. An 335-Time-Enforcer provides two copies of her own genes to her offspring, which is always an 335-Time-Enforcer, regardless of the species or sex of the "father", and in the case that the offspring is of two 335-Time-Enforcer's, the father is the one who does not give birth. The second set of genes is altered in a unique process called melding, also known as the joining.

Because of their natural sensuality and ability to mate with any species, 335-Time-Enforcer's are sometimes rumored to be promiscuous. These rumours are mostly a result of misinformation (or wishful thinking). In fact, 335-Time-Enforcer's have to accept that if they mate outside their own species, they will almost inevitably outlive their partner

335-Time-Enforcer's have photographic memories and rarely forget a fact. They also possess a form of psychological "imprinting", tending to defer to those they knew in their youth. 335-Time-Enforcer's children takes a solemn ritual in which the clan Mothaka isolates The children. The young 335-Time-Enforcer's psychologically imprint on memory's. During the Ritual of daughters, the Master of the mother and father’s clans are present at the imprinting. This ensures the offspring have equal loyalty to both, ensuring the desired dynastic and political unity.

(bonus) There is some conflicting information regarding the gender of the 335-Time-Enforcer's. Though they resemble females, at least to humans,335-Time-Enforcer's are non-gender specific, with no concept of gender differences. "mono-gendered—male and female have no real meaning for us,"
General personality traits:

General habitat: Unknown
Egg or live birth: Live birth

Nation Name: United phoenix federation
Current leader(s): Methra Bonezia
Notable figures: Methra Bonezia, Sarah Foldler, Captain zeemak
Notable ships: 001-enforcer, 002-enforcer, Cutha-515-cyber-bomber

Culture: Because of their long lifespan, 335-Time-Enforcer's tend to have a "long view" not common in other races. When they encounter a new species or situation, the 335-Time-Enforcer's are more comfortable with an extended period of passive observation and study than immediate action. They are unfazed that some of their investments or decisions may not pay off for decades or centuries. In interstellar relations, this long view manifests in the unspoken policy of centrism. The 335-Time-Enforcer's instinctively seek to maintain stable balances of economic, political, and military power.

335-Time-Enforcer's excel at invention, preferring to use cutting-edge technology rather than settle for anything less. For example, their 001-enforcer starship defenses put emphasis on high performance over reliability even though a malfunction could cost lives. Even a scientist rejected a cheating device that used "brute force," spending five years to refine it into a more sophisticated, undetectable system.

335-Time-Enforcer's normally wear elaborate tattoos or cybernetics marking their colony of origin, though it is not known which markings distinguish which colony or if color has any meaning. These markings are usually white — particularly on 335-Time-Enforcer's with darker carapaces — but can be of other colors such as blue or red or much other color's. The lack of facial markings is looked down upon in 335-Time-Enforcer's society; the 335-Time-Enforcer's term "Nofaced" refers to one who is beguiling or not to be trusted. It is also a slang term for politicians.

Traditionally, 335-Time-Enforcer's spread their influence through cultural domination and intellectual-military superiority. They invite new species of advanced development to join the galactic community, knowing that their ideals and beliefs will inevitably influence the existing culture.

History: The 335-Time-Enforcer's arose on Cyruga, a rich world with abundant quantities of element's that caused much of life on Cyruga to flourish.
The rest of the history the 335-Time-Enforcer's keep to themselves ~~~~~

Despot. -Unknown-

Capital Planet: Cyruga
```````````````````````
Orbital Distance 0.94 AU
Orbital Period 1.9 Earth Years
Keplerian Ratio 1.025
Radius 9,940 km
Day Length 27.6 Earth Hours
Atm. Pressure 0.96 atm
Surface Temp 26 °C
Surface Gravity 1.1 g
Mass 1.947 Earth Masses
Satellites 2 (also a ring)
```````````````````````
Religion: -Unknown-

Name: 335-Time-Enforcer's
Classification: humaniod - http://prntscr.com/4o5d47 (picture of them) A typical 335-Time-Enforcer's individual has a white to grayish green complexion
Average lifespan: 1000- 3000 yrs
Average height: 6ft to 7ft
male-female: A mono-gender race, 335-Time Enforcers are distinctly feminine in appearance and possess maternal instincts. Their unique physiology, expressed in a millennia-long lifespan and the ability to reproduce with a partner of any gender or species

However 335-Time-Enforcer's gender is defined, they are innately different from humaniods, for 335-Time-Enforcer's can mate and successfully reproduce with any other gender or species. Although they have one gender, they are not asexual. An 335-Time-Enforcer provides two copies of her own genes to her offspring, which is always an 335-Time-Enforcer, regardless of the species or sex of the "father", and in the case that the offspring is of two 335-Time-Enforcer's, the father is the one who does not give birth. The second set of genes is altered in a unique process called melding, also known as the joining.

Because of their natural sensuality and ability to mate with any species, 335-Time-Enforcer's are sometimes rumored to be promiscuous. These rumours are mostly a result of misinformation (or wishful thinking). In fact, 335-Time-Enforcer's have to accept that if they mate outside their own species, they will almost inevitably outlive their partner

335-Time-Enforcer's have photographic memories and rarely forget a fact. They also possess a form of psychological "imprinting", tending to defer to those they knew in their youth. 335-Time-Enforcer's children takes a solemn ritual in which the clan Mothaka isolates The children. The young 335-Time-Enforcer's psychologically imprint on memory's. During the Ritual of daughters, the Master of the mother and father’s clans are present at the imprinting. This ensures the offspring have equal loyalty to both, ensuring the desired dynastic and political unity.

(bonus) There is some conflicting information regarding the gender of the 335-Time-Enforcer's. Though they resemble females, at least to humans,335-Time-Enforcer's are non-gender specific, with no concept of gender differences. "mono-gendered—male and female have no real meaning for us,"
General personality traits:

General habitat: Unknown
Egg or live birth: Live birth

Nation Name: United phoenix federation
Current leader(s): Methra Bonezia
Notable figures: Methra Bonezia, Sarah Foldler, Captain zeemak
Notable ships: 001-enforcer, 002-enforcer, Cutha-515-cyber-bomber

Culture: Because of their long lifespan, 335-Time-Enforcer's tend to have a "long view" not common in other races. When they encounter a new species or situation, the 335-Time-Enforcer's are more comfortable with an extended period of passive observation and study than immediate action. They are unfazed that some of their investments or decisions may not pay off for decades or centuries. In interstellar relations, this long view manifests in the unspoken policy of centrism. The 335-Time-Enforcer's instinctively seek to maintain stable balances of economic, political, and military power.

335-Time-Enforcer's excel at invention, preferring to use cutting-edge technology rather than settle for anything less. For example, their 001-enforcer starship defenses put emphasis on high performance over reliability even though a malfunction could cost lives. Even a scientist rejected a cheating device that used "brute force," spending five years to refine it into a more sophisticated, undetectable system.

335-Time-Enforcer's normally wear elaborate tattoos or cybernetics marking their colony of origin, though it is not known which markings distinguish which colony or if color has any meaning. These markings are usually white — particularly on 335-Time-Enforcer's with darker carapaces — but can be of other colors such as blue or red or much other color's. The lack of facial markings is looked down upon in 335-Time-Enforcer's society; the 335-Time-Enforcer's term "Nofaced" refers to one who is beguiling or not to be trusted. It is also a slang term for politicians.

Traditionally, 335-Time-Enforcer's spread their influence through cultural domination and intellectual-military superiority. They invite new species of advanced development to join the galactic community, knowing that their ideals and beliefs will inevitably influence the existing culture.

History: The 335-Time-Enforcer's arose on Cyruga, a rich world with abundant quantities of element's that caused much of life on Cyruga to flourish.
The rest of the history the 335-Time-Enforcer's keep to themselves ~~~~~

Despot. -Unknown-

Capital Planet: Cyruga
```````````````````````
Orbital Distance 0.94 AU
Orbital Period 1.9 Earth Years
Keplerian Ratio 1.025
Radius 9,940 km
Day Length 27.6 Earth Hours
Atm. Pressure 0.96 atm
Surface Temp 26 °C
Surface Gravity 1.1 g
Mass 1.947 Earth Masses
Satellites 2 (also a ring)
```````````````````````
Religion: -Unknown-
[quote name="Victorp1811" date=2015-05-03 13:29:30] Welcome to Age of Expansion! After quite a while to hone my roleplaying and OPing abilities, I have not created a roleplay as successful as Galactic Civilizations. With that in mind, I've decided to create a third roleplay within that world, this time following the basic idea of GalCon; Endless possibilities. You can choose what to do, what the universe around you becomes. Instead of forcing a major plot device or restricting the world, I will allow the players to do what they wish. If this means going to war, or creating an alliance, or going through endless First Contacts, then so be it. And so, here we go. If this fails, then Galactic Conquest will have been a single, impossible jewel. If it succeeds, then I'll be rather happy. Gameplay What I will likely call AE, confusingly, is a roleplay based on freedom. You create a race of your own, however you'd like (Within acceptable limits). You can then expand, either through alliance or through war. Or neither, if you want to be perfectly neutral. You can develop the culture, technology and personality of your species. You could focus on internal issues, or you could work more on relations with the other players. In the end, it's your choice what to do with your race. And this seems to be the reason why this type of roleplay does well. Rules No godmodding. As always, don't godmod. It's especially risky with this style of roleplay, where the trust is in the players. Max size for ships will be 4KM. This is somewhat a branch of the Godmodding rule, but it should be noted. Don't create ridiculously coincidental/mood-killing scenes. This include, but is not limited to, stumbling in on a first-encounter. Don't flame/troll/bully. Though I dislike using the term Bully, I find it necessary in some cases. Do not argue within the OOC. If you must, take it to Telegram. My word is law. Though you're free to question it, I have the last say in the matter. Make you're application interesting. I don't want to accept it because it follows rules, I want to accept it because it will make a good addition to the roleplay. And universal-translators are aloud, but not necessary. No one-liners. This was edited in when I found it necessary. Unnecessary but rather interesting LORE, which have no hold on the roleplay itself, aside from allowing for references. And interest. The Three The Three, a name that is now legend. An alliance formed, and held, through not only war, but also disease and famine. Built from three races, each varying greatly and seemingly opposites; The brutish, reptilian Gret; The aquatic, shark-like Dicarians; and the intelligent, cat-like Nek'ar. Their power only grew for many years, but over time, they began to rely too much on each other. When the Nek'ar contracted an incurable disease, the Dicarians crumbled along side them. With the Dicarian military no longer there to accompany the Gret, outlying forces quickly moved in. Today, the ruins of these long-dead civilizations still litter unoccupied areas of space. Although the races of old have long since disappeared, their affects are still notable throughout the inhabited galaxy. Age of Burning The Age of Burning was filled with warfare. With the Gret's borders shrinking due to overpopulation in neighboring regions, and the Alliance beginning to deteriorate due to the loss of the Nek'ar, an insurrection exploded from the Red Giant of R'dev. Gretian forces ripping through fleet after fleet, ever expanding, the war grew to unexpected levels. However, the Gretian military failed, and soon were engulfed. They died off soon after. After the fall of R'dev, and the complete destruction of The Three, races squabbled over land and culture and diplomacy. Unable to hold piece with so many different, varied voices, the galaxy fell into ruin, and a new generation began. This was the Age of Expansion. As new races evolved, regained footing, or simply left the warm atmosphere of their planets, new alliances were forged, new wars fought. However, this age has not been written. It is only beginning, and it is not my choice how it will end. Time to create your races/nation. Time to join the interstellar club. Race sheet, max of three Name: Appearance- Male: Female: Classification:(Bird, reptile, mammal) Average lifespan: General personality traits:(Brutish, cold, logical, etc) General habitat: Egg or live birth: Diet: Other: Nation sheet -Only one Name: Current leader(s): Notable figures: Notable ships: Culture: History: Capital Planet: Religion:(If any) Edited rules You may not have more then 900 fighters on any single ship. If you wish to hack another player IC, they must agree that it's acceptable. I believe that is all. I might post some stuff(Such as races, languages, etc) below, for later use. Hope some people join, I'll likely put up the IC when we reach 3 people. If I'm missing anything, please tell me, and I'm glad you read the entire OP. This is the Out of Charater Creation center where we will have a great time i will submit my own race to show you more of what we are looking for :) [/quote] As interesting a concept it is, I will point you to my [url=http://www.furaffinity.net/user/ashkoretheangel/]FA page[/url] which, like my other profiles, states "I Do Not Roleplay Online..."
Victorp1811 wrote on 2015-05-03:

Gameplay

Rules

The Three

Age of Burning

Race sheet, max of three
Name:
Appearance-
Male:
Female:
Average lifespan:
General habitat:
Egg or live birth:
Diet:
Other:

Nation sheet -Only one
Name:
Current leader(s):
Notable figures:
Notable ships:
Culture:
History:
Capital Planet:

Edited rules

As interesting a concept it is, I will point you to my FA page which, like my other profiles, states "I Do Not Roleplay Online..."
@Victorp1811

This looks like a very unique and interesting roleplay. I would really love to join, but I have a question for you. How would you roleplay this? Could you give me an example, please?
@Victorp1811

This looks like a very unique and interesting roleplay. I would really love to join, but I have a question for you. How would you roleplay this? Could you give me an example, please?
_f2u__mushrooms_by_ghost_echo-dbpx876.pngcrow_page_thingy_by_i_crows_i-daz20x3.png_f2u__mushrooms_by_ghost_echo-dbpx876.png
[quote name="XxFluffyRavenxX" date=2015-05-03 15:30:48] @XxFluffyRavenxX This looks like a very unique and interesting roleplay. I would really love to join, but I have a question for you. How would you roleplay this? Could you give me an example, please? [/quote] Yes i can once we get 3 people in i will make a IC while in the IC people will be allowed to incounter other races and so forth i will be the first to make a IC post and you can ether interact with my IC post or make your own unique post to draw more people in. A post will be at least 2 to 5 paragraphs please like so. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Deep Space Scout Ship H'kha'tong Mediator Cza "Our probes are returning." The announcement was broadcast across the entire ship. Mediator Cza rose from behind his desk and exited his office into the Command Centre, a vast circular room with consoles around the walls. A dozen ventri were working away diligently, monitoring various sensors and ship's systems as well as downloading data from the probes. In the middle of the Command Centre a large pit opened, leading down to the lower level where all of the off duty crew were gathering to hear the results from the probes. One of the workers on the upper level announced that the data was downloaded and Cza called for silence on the floor. A summation of the probes' analysis was broadcast through a large amplifier so that the entire ship (and potentially those on other ships had there been any nearby) could hear. The results were very promising. Life signs had been found in one of the star systems the probe had scouted. Upon this information being revealed the rest of the report was lost amid a flurry of chatter throughout the ship. "Shall we go investigate?" Cza called through the amplifier. His question was met by an immediate chorus of assent. A unanimous vote was almost unheard of, but it happened today. "Set course for Planet 116-3." Deep Space Scout Ship H'kha'tong Mediator Cza "Well isn't that odd indeed," Cza said, stating the obvious. The Planet 116-3 was teeming with life, just as the probe had detected. What the probe had not reported was that the planet was inhospitable in the extreme. "Atmosphere is barely breathable," a scientist was reporting, "temperature at the lower limits of livable, water salinity at lethal levels, UV radiation at one hundred times recommended levels. Yet there are more life signs here than on Ventrus. How?" The scientist let the word hand. Cza had to pity him. He knew unanswered questions were the bane of any scientist's existence. "Is there any chance of colonization?" Cza inquired. "Not an open colony if that's what you're hoping for. Too much radiation for that. An enclosed colony would be possible though and the Governing Committee will almost certainly vote to establish one. The research opportunities are too great to pass up." "Very well, I will relay our findings to them. What about usable resources?" "Hard to say from up here. There are so many lifeforms that we cannot scan through the planet's surface. There could be anything underground and who knows what properties some of these organisms could have. As far as I can tell, many of them do not fall under any classification of life we know. But we would need specialized equipment to study any of it." At the scientist's recommendation the crew voted to leave a beacon over the planet to let other ships know what they had discovered and then set off for the next star system.
XxFluffyRavenxX wrote on 2015-05-03:
@XxFluffyRavenxX

Yes i can once we get 3 people in i will make a IC while in the IC people will be allowed to incounter other races and so forth i will be the first to make a IC post and you can ether interact with my IC post or make your own unique post to draw more people in.

A post will be at least 2 to 5 paragraphs please like so.

Deep Space
Scout Ship H'kha'tong
Mediator Cza
"Our probes are returning." The announcement was broadcast across the entire ship. Mediator Cza rose from behind his desk and exited his office into the Command Centre, a vast circular room with consoles around the walls. A dozen ventri were working away diligently, monitoring various sensors and ship's systems as well as downloading data from the probes. In the middle of the Command Centre a large pit opened, leading down to the lower level where all of the off duty crew were gathering to hear the results from the probes. One of the workers on the upper level announced that the data was downloaded and Cza called for silence on the floor.

A summation of the probes' analysis was broadcast through a large amplifier so that the entire ship (and potentially those on other ships had there been any nearby) could hear. The results were very promising. Life signs had been found in one of the star systems the probe had scouted. Upon this information being revealed the rest of the report was lost amid a flurry of chatter throughout the ship.

"Shall we go investigate?" Cza called through the amplifier. His question was met by an immediate chorus of assent. A unanimous vote was almost unheard of, but it happened today. "Set course for Planet 116-3."

Deep Space
Scout Ship H'kha'tong
Mediator Cza
"Well isn't that odd indeed," Cza said, stating the obvious. The Planet 116-3 was teeming with life, just as the probe had detected. What the probe had not reported was that the planet was inhospitable in the extreme.

"Atmosphere is barely breathable," a scientist was reporting, "temperature at the lower limits of livable, water salinity at lethal levels, UV radiation at one hundred times recommended levels. Yet there are more life signs here than on Ventrus. How?" The scientist let the word hand. Cza had to pity him. He knew unanswered questions were the bane of any scientist's existence.

"Is there any chance of colonization?" Cza inquired.

"Not an open colony if that's what you're hoping for. Too much radiation for that. An enclosed colony would be possible though and the Governing Committee will almost certainly vote to establish one. The research opportunities are too great to pass up."

"Very well, I will relay our findings to them. What about usable resources?"

"Hard to say from up here. There are so many lifeforms that we cannot scan through the planet's surface. There could be anything underground and who knows what properties some of these organisms could have. As far as I can tell, many of them do not fall under any classification of life we know. But we would need specialized equipment to study any of it."

At the scientist's recommendation the crew voted to leave a beacon over the planet to let other ships know what they had discovered and then set off for the next star system.