Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | Logged in... but not.
I have the site set to remember me, but every so often I appear as logged in, but then encounter the "You have to be logged in!" error. Then when I navigate elsewhere it will show me the log in option, as if I am not logged in, and then on the next page will show me as logged in. [img]http://i.imgur.com/pO4sqwf.png[/img]
I have the site set to remember me, but every so often I appear as logged in, but then encounter the "You have to be logged in!" error. Then when I navigate elsewhere it will show me the log in option, as if I am not logged in, and then on the next page will show me as logged in.

pO4sqwf.png
This is part of the ongoing recode of the site... you'll see some pages have a www. and some have a www1. in their url. Half the site is recoded, and the other half is still old and on the old servers. And unfortunately, the two halves of the site don't always play nice with each other!

It's a known issue that we pretty much just have to deal with while the programs do their stuff. If you click away from the page and back, can you get it to recognize you again? Do both the www and www1 pages say you are logged in? As long as you can get the page to recognize you eventually, that's pretty much the workaround until the site recode is finished.
This is part of the ongoing recode of the site... you'll see some pages have a www. and some have a www1. in their url. Half the site is recoded, and the other half is still old and on the old servers. And unfortunately, the two halves of the site don't always play nice with each other!

It's a known issue that we pretty much just have to deal with while the programs do their stuff. If you click away from the page and back, can you get it to recognize you again? Do both the www and www1 pages say you are logged in? As long as you can get the page to recognize you eventually, that's pretty much the workaround until the site recode is finished.
f2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.gif
I didn't try leaving the site and coming back, and didn't notice about the www. and www1. pages while it was going on. I just chose a page that showed me as logged out and logged in again, and it's working fine now. I just wanted to be sure it was a known issue! Thanks for the answer.
I didn't try leaving the site and coming back, and didn't notice about the www. and www1. pages while it was going on. I just chose a page that showed me as logged out and logged in again, and it's working fine now. I just wanted to be sure it was a known issue! Thanks for the answer.
@Ghostmouse: another solution would be to log out and back in from the home page. The home page is already www1, and logging in from a www1 page, makes you logged in through the entire site! :)

I'll be locking this thread as it is a known issue.
@Ghostmouse: another solution would be to log out and back in from the home page. The home page is already www1, and logging in from a www1 page, makes you logged in through the entire site! :)

I'll be locking this thread as it is a known issue.