Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Familiar Battle Bonuses
Just a thought, short of asking for a familiar battle arena, that familiars should grant battle bonuses depending on what familiar it is and what level of bonding they have. These bonuses could be flat or percentage based, or both. They can be anywhere from stat bonuses to resistance against a given elemental attacks, reduced physical damage, reduced magical damage, dodge or accuracy bonuses, damage bonuses for same as mentioned, or even breath or health regeneration. This feature could potentially be unfair for Player Verses Player, so it would apply to Player Verses Environment only. Could provide an interesting, but minor enhancement to fighting monsters.
Just a thought, short of asking for a familiar battle arena, that familiars should grant battle bonuses depending on what familiar it is and what level of bonding they have. These bonuses could be flat or percentage based, or both. They can be anywhere from stat bonuses to resistance against a given elemental attacks, reduced physical damage, reduced magical damage, dodge or accuracy bonuses, damage bonuses for same as mentioned, or even breath or health regeneration. This feature could potentially be unfair for Player Verses Player, so it would apply to Player Verses Environment only. Could provide an interesting, but minor enhancement to fighting monsters.
That sounds really interesting! Maybe the Coli familiars that are casters could boost magical attacks, physical attackers boost STR, etc...Gives familiars more functions as well.

Support!
That sounds really interesting! Maybe the Coli familiars that are casters could boost magical attacks, physical attackers boost STR, etc...Gives familiars more functions as well.

Support!
jqqIEB3.gif
Only under one condition:
Gem-only familiars are in no way stronger than those obtained by drops/treasures and have the same effects, no unique ones.

Else it'd be pay-to-win.
Gem-only familiars are in no way stronger than those obtained by drops/treasures and have the same effects, no unique ones.

Else it'd be pay-to-win.
In pinging me I assume consent to be pinged back. This is because I disabled signature display (too many intrusive banners)
Solar stance time difference: +9 Hours FRT

My avatar
Agreed, which is why the function would be meant to only apply to PVE, not PVP. The bonuses also would be meant to be very minor, so it would not matter how they were obtained. It would also mean there is little benefit in trying to swap and pair the right familiars to your dragons.
Agreed, which is why the function would be meant to only apply to PVE, not PVP. The bonuses also would be meant to be very minor, so it would not matter how they were obtained. It would also mean there is little benefit in trying to swap and pair the right familiars to your dragons.
I've supported this before and I will again. It would be especially nice if familiar bonding level made a difference, because awakened familiars don't currently have a lot of benefits other than the initial chest. I think it would be great if a familiar had a chance to buff or heal your dragons (I don't want them getting their own fighting turns, though).
I've supported this before and I will again. It would be especially nice if familiar bonding level made a difference, because awakened familiars don't currently have a lot of benefits other than the initial chest. I think it would be great if a familiar had a chance to buff or heal your dragons (I don't want them getting their own fighting turns, though).
Lost Lute pgE81Sv.png Aerborne Ambassador
[quote name="Ettanin" date="2015-03-21 14:31:03"]Only under one condition: Gem-only familiars are in no way stronger than those obtained by drops/treasures and have the same effects, no unique ones. Else it'd be pay-to-win.[/quote] Full support if Ettanins condition is also implemented. No support if it goes pay to win. I personally would like to see a healy familiar like the salve kamaitchi (I know I'm misspelling this...) toss out random miniheals (like 25-50 health per heal)
Ettanin wrote on 2015-03-21 14:31:03:

Else it'd be pay-to-win.

Full support if Ettanins condition is also implemented.

No support if it goes pay to win.

I personally would like to see a healy familiar like the salve kamaitchi (I know I'm misspelling this...) toss out random miniheals (like 25-50 health per heal)
Ljw7JvQ.pngchoose_by_myserpentine-d9d2f6x.png
[quote name="Ettanin" date="2015-03-21 14:31:03"]Only under one condition: Gem-only familiars are in no way stronger than those obtained by drops/treasures and have the same effects, no unique ones. Else it'd be pay-to-win.[/quote] Full support

Else it'd be pay-to-win.

Full support
c2seq.png
I like it! I'm not going to lie, I skip my familiars most days (it's just so tedious and right now I can't deal with it, honestly) but this would give me a real reason to power through it. Full support as long as it isn't turned into pay-to-win.
I like it! I'm not going to lie, I skip my familiars most days (it's just so tedious and right now I can't deal with it, honestly) but this would give me a real reason to power through it. Full support as long as it isn't turned into pay-to-win.
MoOtdMJ.png
[quote name="Ettanin" date="2015-03-21 14:31:03"]Only under one condition: Gem-only familiars are in no way stronger than those obtained by drops/treasures and have the same effects, no unique ones. Else it'd be pay-to-win.[/quote]

Else it'd be pay-to-win.
cPW6H3E.png