Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Looking for Worldbuilding and RP Partner
I sure hope it's alright to post this here, I couldn't quite think of another place that it would be appropriate to look. I know there's already a 'looking for' thread, but I didn't think it'd be right to type this all up there since it's so specific >.>

Currently, I am looking for one or two people interested in a long-running RP exercise involving a lot of worldbuilding. We'll sit down and come up with a continent, history, the peoples and places, and develop the world as we see fit to have fun with the stories and characters that grow with it.

I've been strongly influenced by Game of Thrones, so I have a lot of interest in exploring not only the characters and peoples, but politics and warfare. I hope I'm not the only one who's watched that show or read the books or even others like it and thought to themselves 'Man, I wish my characters got down to this much intrigue!'. I would write by myself but honestly I just don't think it's nearly as much fun, and it will be so much more interesting with more than one mind with interest in the story.

My plan is to start from the ground up, use a terrain generator to decide on a map, decide biomes and environments, and though the flora and fauna will be mostly earthlike, we can decide the sort of supernatural elements we want to add. We will decide where early peoples may have lived and how, and use that information to decide where to start and how to drive our 'current' kingdoms and peoples. Then, we create characters and conflicts, and let the world keep growing as people and countries clash against eachother. Pretty much anything is on the table, we will have full control over every element to drive our stories and roleplays.

---

With that said, I've got a couple of requests to help you know if you'd be right for this project, if you've got interest!

I'd like to look for people who are mature, and I'd like to ask for 18+ please. I understand a lot of people are mature for their age despite being younger than that, but this idea is directly inspired by Game of Thrones, so if you can't watch/don't like seeing anything that goes on in that show, you may not want to get involved in this. Characters are going to get hurt and die, and a whole lot in between.

I'd like for you to have time and energy to put into it. I know that not many people have as much free time as I do and I expect people to have jobs and class and different timezones, but I don't want to start this and be left behind because too many other things are going on. Keep that in mind, please! I'd hate for this project to fall apart for that kind of reason.

I'd like to see people who are literate. Now, this does NOT mean I am expecting ten paragraph RP posts, because I honestly find them a little annoying. What it means is that you write in full sentences and know how to get your point across, whether you use one paragraph or many. I'd like for the RP to be dynamic, and what's the fun for the others if you keep all of your character's thoughts and secrets to yourself? Within reason, of course. This also means you should understand the basic rules of roleplaying, I don't think I should have to list them here! Just the simple things!

Lastly, I want people with creative initiative. People who get excited about things and want to have input, who get awesome ideas but are willing to compromise about them for the sake of the story. This is going to be a group effort, so anyone who wants to be involved should DEFINITELY want to leave their mark!

---

Now that that's all out of the way, here's how to contact me and ask about it!

Name:
Whatever you'd like me to call you~

Contact: How you'd like to make all this happen. I personally prefer Skype, but I'm open to suggestion!

Inspiration:
Just tell me some things that fire you up! Shows, fandoms, concepts, ideas, things you like to look at before writing/drawing. I'd like to know the kind of things you love!

Example:
Here, I'd like to see an example of your writing. Something from a past RP, a description of a character, anything really. Just to get a feel for how you go about things! Don't worry about it being a specific length, just choose something you're proud of or wing it!

Just fill this little form however you'd like and send me a message. I'd prefer it that way, instead of here on the forums, but if you've got questions to ask before you fill the form go ahead and put them here! Questions are SUPER appreciated, because I'm not the best at explaining myself X3

Like I said, I'll be looking for one or two people but I'm willing to have a third with us, so take your time to think about it and don't worry about being left out! Thanks for your time, and I hope to see some interest soon!
I sure hope it's alright to post this here, I couldn't quite think of another place that it would be appropriate to look. I know there's already a 'looking for' thread, but I didn't think it'd be right to type this all up there since it's so specific >.>

Currently, I am looking for one or two people interested in a long-running RP exercise involving a lot of worldbuilding. We'll sit down and come up with a continent, history, the peoples and places, and develop the world as we see fit to have fun with the stories and characters that grow with it.

I've been strongly influenced by Game of Thrones, so I have a lot of interest in exploring not only the characters and peoples, but politics and warfare. I hope I'm not the only one who's watched that show or read the books or even others like it and thought to themselves 'Man, I wish my characters got down to this much intrigue!'. I would write by myself but honestly I just don't think it's nearly as much fun, and it will be so much more interesting with more than one mind with interest in the story.

My plan is to start from the ground up, use a terrain generator to decide on a map, decide biomes and environments, and though the flora and fauna will be mostly earthlike, we can decide the sort of supernatural elements we want to add. We will decide where early peoples may have lived and how, and use that information to decide where to start and how to drive our 'current' kingdoms and peoples. Then, we create characters and conflicts, and let the world keep growing as people and countries clash against eachother. Pretty much anything is on the table, we will have full control over every element to drive our stories and roleplays.

---

With that said, I've got a couple of requests to help you know if you'd be right for this project, if you've got interest!

I'd like to look for people who are mature, and I'd like to ask for 18+ please. I understand a lot of people are mature for their age despite being younger than that, but this idea is directly inspired by Game of Thrones, so if you can't watch/don't like seeing anything that goes on in that show, you may not want to get involved in this. Characters are going to get hurt and die, and a whole lot in between.

I'd like for you to have time and energy to put into it. I know that not many people have as much free time as I do and I expect people to have jobs and class and different timezones, but I don't want to start this and be left behind because too many other things are going on. Keep that in mind, please! I'd hate for this project to fall apart for that kind of reason.

I'd like to see people who are literate. Now, this does NOT mean I am expecting ten paragraph RP posts, because I honestly find them a little annoying. What it means is that you write in full sentences and know how to get your point across, whether you use one paragraph or many. I'd like for the RP to be dynamic, and what's the fun for the others if you keep all of your character's thoughts and secrets to yourself? Within reason, of course. This also means you should understand the basic rules of roleplaying, I don't think I should have to list them here! Just the simple things!

Lastly, I want people with creative initiative. People who get excited about things and want to have input, who get awesome ideas but are willing to compromise about them for the sake of the story. This is going to be a group effort, so anyone who wants to be involved should DEFINITELY want to leave their mark!

---

Now that that's all out of the way, here's how to contact me and ask about it!

Name:
Whatever you'd like me to call you~

Contact: How you'd like to make all this happen. I personally prefer Skype, but I'm open to suggestion!

Inspiration:
Just tell me some things that fire you up! Shows, fandoms, concepts, ideas, things you like to look at before writing/drawing. I'd like to know the kind of things you love!

Example:
Here, I'd like to see an example of your writing. Something from a past RP, a description of a character, anything really. Just to get a feel for how you go about things! Don't worry about it being a specific length, just choose something you're proud of or wing it!

Just fill this little form however you'd like and send me a message. I'd prefer it that way, instead of here on the forums, but if you've got questions to ask before you fill the form go ahead and put them here! Questions are SUPER appreciated, because I'm not the best at explaining myself X3

Like I said, I'll be looking for one or two people but I'm willing to have a third with us, so take your time to think about it and don't worry about being left out! Thanks for your time, and I hope to see some interest soon!
@TheOtherEowyn

Name:Zezmeril

Contact: either email or pm will be fine. Due to some issues I've had with Skype, I've lost trust in it and haven't used it for years.

Insperation: Some of the things I'm always interested in talking about are Monster Hunter, Team Fortress 2 (TF2), The Dresden Files series, Yu Yu Hakusho, and Zoids. While I've never been able to get into the Game of Thrones personally, complex worlds in shows and games have always interested me.

Example:Quick tempered and prone to falling into a blind rage. Nathan is normally calm and collected, one of few remaining traits from before his genetic tampering. Due to his tampering and mental damage as a result, he has trouble telling right from wrong, even when the sides are as clear as black and white things don't "click" in his mind as right or wrong.. With no sense of right or wrong, he often takes jobs from whoever offers the best deal, which has led to him being imprisoned on several occasions. Having just gotten out of one of these imprisonments, he is wary of those around him, ready to strike anyone who so much as shows the slightest sign of hostility. He has a strong dislike for alcoholic beverages, claiming that the smell gives him a headache, and his body having an adverse reaction to alcohol. (Not sure if this works or not. It was from an rp I was in years ago.)
@TheOtherEowyn

Name:Zezmeril

Contact: either email or pm will be fine. Due to some issues I've had with Skype, I've lost trust in it and haven't used it for years.

Insperation: Some of the things I'm always interested in talking about are Monster Hunter, Team Fortress 2 (TF2), The Dresden Files series, Yu Yu Hakusho, and Zoids. While I've never been able to get into the Game of Thrones personally, complex worlds in shows and games have always interested me.

Example:Quick tempered and prone to falling into a blind rage. Nathan is normally calm and collected, one of few remaining traits from before his genetic tampering. Due to his tampering and mental damage as a result, he has trouble telling right from wrong, even when the sides are as clear as black and white things don't "click" in his mind as right or wrong.. With no sense of right or wrong, he often takes jobs from whoever offers the best deal, which has led to him being imprisoned on several occasions. Having just gotten out of one of these imprisonments, he is wary of those around him, ready to strike anyone who so much as shows the slightest sign of hostility. He has a strong dislike for alcoholic beverages, claiming that the smell gives him a headache, and his body having an adverse reaction to alcohol. (Not sure if this works or not. It was from an rp I was in years ago.)
sIVoBmo.png ihrGNmK.png2kEcc6D.png
@TheOtherEowyn

Name: Nettledbird or Nettled (since that's shorter)

Contact: Email or PM. I've only really used Skype for contacting, like, family, but I'm open to the idea if that's easier.

Inspiration: So, I recently got into the Hobbit/Lord of the Rings and I'm really loving that. Also, just to name a few, like Sherlock Holmes, Marvel movies, One Piece, the Discworld series. Big fan of Norse mythology and such too. Haven't really read/watched Game of Thrones yet, but that's more from time constraints and me being a bit lazy about getting into another fandom than lack of interest.

Example: Okay, so here's something from a character intro for another RP I'm in right now, sorry if it's a bit long:

Bio: Born to parents in the Windswept Plataea, Zhora left her family early to find her charge. Unfortunately, she took ill early in her quest and was forced to shelter herself in an old cave system, since no other clans were nearby, with the hope that the illness would pass before things turned dangerous. When it seemed the disease was taking a turn for the worse a Fae male named Oran appeared, seeking shelter in the cave system from a storm. Seeing her condition, Oran helped to nurse her back to health. During this time, Zhora came to the realization that Oran was her charge. This in mind, she was all too eager to take up his offer to start a clan in the cave system where they had met. Together, the two started a slowly growing clan and eventually became mates. Zhora’s strength means that she is in charge of defenses for the clan, along with some of the more everyday aspects of clan life, like the hunting and gathering of food.
Personality: Organized and generally patient, Zhora isn’t particularly quick to anger and tends to a more think before you leap philosophy in terms of her actions. She can be quite however, and finds her leadership position in the clan difficult, since she’d rather not spend that much time in the spotlight and tends to second guess herself.
@TheOtherEowyn

Name: Nettledbird or Nettled (since that's shorter)

Contact: Email or PM. I've only really used Skype for contacting, like, family, but I'm open to the idea if that's easier.

Inspiration: So, I recently got into the Hobbit/Lord of the Rings and I'm really loving that. Also, just to name a few, like Sherlock Holmes, Marvel movies, One Piece, the Discworld series. Big fan of Norse mythology and such too. Haven't really read/watched Game of Thrones yet, but that's more from time constraints and me being a bit lazy about getting into another fandom than lack of interest.

Example: Okay, so here's something from a character intro for another RP I'm in right now, sorry if it's a bit long:

Bio: Born to parents in the Windswept Plataea, Zhora left her family early to find her charge. Unfortunately, she took ill early in her quest and was forced to shelter herself in an old cave system, since no other clans were nearby, with the hope that the illness would pass before things turned dangerous. When it seemed the disease was taking a turn for the worse a Fae male named Oran appeared, seeking shelter in the cave system from a storm. Seeing her condition, Oran helped to nurse her back to health. During this time, Zhora came to the realization that Oran was her charge. This in mind, she was all too eager to take up his offer to start a clan in the cave system where they had met. Together, the two started a slowly growing clan and eventually became mates. Zhora’s strength means that she is in charge of defenses for the clan, along with some of the more everyday aspects of clan life, like the hunting and gathering of food.
Personality: Organized and generally patient, Zhora isn’t particularly quick to anger and tends to a more think before you leap philosophy in terms of her actions. She can be quite however, and finds her leadership position in the clan difficult, since she’d rather not spend that much time in the spotlight and tends to second guess herself.
@TheOtherEowyn

Name: Ranoc

Inspiration: I have just recently begun watching Game of Thrones and am really enjoying it. I am also a fan of LOTR though it's been a while since I saw the movies or read the books. I am also a big fan of shows such as Sword Art Online, Ruronin Kenshin, and Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood. Some of my favorite games are Dishonored, Bastion, and BIoshock.

Example: I am rather new to this, but I will post the opening scene for my one character that I have made recently for another RP.

Dreis opened his eyes to see the sun shining high overhead. He had been enjoying the weather a bit too much and fell asleep in the grass while waiting to head over to the capital. "I better head over now," he mumbled to himself. "Don't want to reprimanded again for lateness." Dreis casually picked himself off the ground, and checked that he still had his trusty cutlass, before streching and heading off in the direction of the capital.
As Dreis approached the building, he let out a sigh. Why do I have to work on a day like today. Lamenting this fact, Dreis opened the doors, and looked for an empty bench. Not finding one due to the number of people waiting, he plopped down next to a girl who seemed to be fairly anxious. "Wating for someone?"
@TheOtherEowyn

Name: Ranoc

Inspiration: I have just recently begun watching Game of Thrones and am really enjoying it. I am also a fan of LOTR though it's been a while since I saw the movies or read the books. I am also a big fan of shows such as Sword Art Online, Ruronin Kenshin, and Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood. Some of my favorite games are Dishonored, Bastion, and BIoshock.

Example: I am rather new to this, but I will post the opening scene for my one character that I have made recently for another RP.

Dreis opened his eyes to see the sun shining high overhead. He had been enjoying the weather a bit too much and fell asleep in the grass while waiting to head over to the capital. "I better head over now," he mumbled to himself. "Don't want to reprimanded again for lateness." Dreis casually picked himself off the ground, and checked that he still had his trusty cutlass, before streching and heading off in the direction of the capital.
As Dreis approached the building, he let out a sigh. Why do I have to work on a day like today. Lamenting this fact, Dreis opened the doors, and looked for an empty bench. Not finding one due to the number of people waiting, he plopped down next to a girl who seemed to be fairly anxious. "Wating for someone?"