Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | so how about fallout
1 2 3
so i haven't played much of fallout, but it def gets my approval! tbh i've only recently gotten the chance to start playing it at all bc i haven't owned them until just a couple months ago. i decided to start with 3, based on a quick google search that told me that 3 had a more authentic 'fallout feeling' compared to nv.

but i've watched my fiance circade here play countless hours of the game, which is even happening as i type this haha. so i'd say that overall i've got a good feeling for them and ngl my favorite part of it all is the soundtracks!!
so i haven't played much of fallout, but it def gets my approval! tbh i've only recently gotten the chance to start playing it at all bc i haven't owned them until just a couple months ago. i decided to start with 3, based on a quick google search that told me that 3 had a more authentic 'fallout feeling' compared to nv.

but i've watched my fiance circade here play countless hours of the game, which is even happening as i type this haha. so i'd say that overall i've got a good feeling for them and ngl my favorite part of it all is the soundtracks!!
DANG I DIDN'T EXPECT THIS THREAD TO PICK UP. i've found my people

seeing a lot of new vegas fans!! man i tried two playthroughs of that and i just couldn't get through it. i don't do well with so many factions, haha.
plus cazadores are a ***** to fight.
marcus was a sweetheart, though.
DANG I DIDN'T EXPECT THIS THREAD TO PICK UP. i've found my people

seeing a lot of new vegas fans!! man i tried two playthroughs of that and i just couldn't get through it. i don't do well with so many factions, haha.
plus cazadores are a ***** to fight.
marcus was a sweetheart, though.
@borous

ED-E was my first companion. The others just... stumbled onto me later. I ran around also mostly with Arcade, although Cass did make frequent appearances too.

I really enjoyed how complicated NV was compared to 2 and 3; how many different choices you had to shape your character. Went with independent Vegas, if only for the conversation you get with NCR officials when you tell them to uh, well, get lost.

If I was Deathpool, perhaps I could've taught myself to ride the scorpions, but alas, I am not. Shame.
@borous

ED-E was my first companion. The others just... stumbled onto me later. I ran around also mostly with Arcade, although Cass did make frequent appearances too.

I really enjoyed how complicated NV was compared to 2 and 3; how many different choices you had to shape your character. Went with independent Vegas, if only for the conversation you get with NCR officials when you tell them to uh, well, get lost.

If I was Deathpool, perhaps I could've taught myself to ride the scorpions, but alas, I am not. Shame.
UCwsx8y.gif
Oh man, I remember playing NV all the time. I could never get bored of that game, even after completing all of the large quests. I remember I had the bruiser team, Veronica, Rex, and myself with a super heated saturnite fist (or the two step goodbye if I was feeling explodey.
Just all three of us running around punching people to bits was impossibly fun.
Oh man, I remember playing NV all the time. I could never get bored of that game, even after completing all of the large quests. I remember I had the bruiser team, Veronica, Rex, and myself with a super heated saturnite fist (or the two step goodbye if I was feeling explodey.
Just all three of us running around punching people to bits was impossibly fun.
snowflakesmaller_zps76ff7814.pngIIN1Zjg.pngsnowflakesmaller_zps76ff7814.png
@Circade

legion playthroughs have always been fun for me. i always went with yes man, though. my favorite quest is definitely assassinating the president

as for hours on fallout nv, i have around 130.
@Circade

legion playthroughs have always been fun for me. i always went with yes man, though. my favorite quest is definitely assassinating the president

as for hours on fallout nv, i have around 130.
tumblr_inline_n6kdvqWTSp1qlye38.gif 1UI2JZj.gif i'm ein
fr +3
my artshop
warcraft dweeb
she/her
Oh man, I can talk about Fallout for hours on end. New Vegas was the first game I bothered to complete 100% and 3 years after achieving platinum I still enjoy it as much as I did during my first playthrough. :') My favorite character has to be Ulysses! Gotta love how the New Vegas DLC ties in with the main storyline and enhances the overall New Vegas experience.

IIRC Bethesda is hosting its first-ever press conference during this year's E3 and I'm really, really trying not to get my hopes up too much, but ahhh...

ALSO it's really refreshing to enter a thread and not see people trash all over New Vegas for a change. Luv u all. ;*
Oh man, I can talk about Fallout for hours on end. New Vegas was the first game I bothered to complete 100% and 3 years after achieving platinum I still enjoy it as much as I did during my first playthrough. :') My favorite character has to be Ulysses! Gotta love how the New Vegas DLC ties in with the main storyline and enhances the overall New Vegas experience.

IIRC Bethesda is hosting its first-ever press conference during this year's E3 and I'm really, really trying not to get my hopes up too much, but ahhh...

ALSO it's really refreshing to enter a thread and not see people trash all over New Vegas for a change. Luv u all. ;*
91ed98a566760064815b2177269fd040183d3986.png
@borous In all the time I've played, I've only actually gone through the main storyline once, and that was with Yes Man. I usually prefer going around exploring and doing side quests though tbh! But yeah, I'm actually really enjoying the Legion quests so far now that I'm finally doing them. I thought one that was particularly good was with the double agent at McCarren, blowing up the monorail.
@borous In all the time I've played, I've only actually gone through the main storyline once, and that was with Yes Man. I usually prefer going around exploring and doing side quests though tbh! But yeah, I'm actually really enjoying the Legion quests so far now that I'm finally doing them. I thought one that was particularly good was with the double agent at McCarren, blowing up the monorail.
[quote name="Xenomorph" date="2015-03-15 06:39:18"] [s]ALSO it's really refreshing to enter a thread and not see people trash all over New Vegas for a change. Luv u all. ;*[/s][/quote] I lurk on a couple Fallout discussion threads on other forums and New Vegas is a favorite over there. But you [i]could [/i]start a fistfight there by claiming 3 is the better game, and hoo am I glad that's not going on here. On the other hand I have gotten to see one of the developers come in and answer questions, which was pretty cool!
Xenomorph wrote on 2015-03-15 06:39:18:

I lurk on a couple Fallout discussion threads on other forums and New Vegas is a favorite over there.

But you could start a fistfight there by claiming 3 is the better game, and hoo am I glad that's not going on here.

On the other hand I have gotten to see one of the developers come in and answer questions, which was pretty cool!
ZM3TQUN.png
I've only ever played NV but man do I love it.
Except Dead Money.
That DLC can kiss a rabid nightstalker's tail end. I hated it and iirc I got fed up around the part with the unkillable holograms and just noclipped to beat the rest of the DLC, only good thing about it was the holorifle which I got staggeringly early in the game as a result lmao

Honest Hearts was def my fav DLC. After I beat it I decided to single-handedly pummel the Legion's camp to death with the yao guai paw weapon, idk how but I got out of there in one piece and killed Caesar as well. Really wanna do a new playthrough sometime.
I've only ever played NV but man do I love it.
Except Dead Money.
That DLC can kiss a rabid nightstalker's tail end. I hated it and iirc I got fed up around the part with the unkillable holograms and just noclipped to beat the rest of the DLC, only good thing about it was the holorifle which I got staggeringly early in the game as a result lmao

Honest Hearts was def my fav DLC. After I beat it I decided to single-handedly pummel the Legion's camp to death with the yao guai paw weapon, idk how but I got out of there in one piece and killed Caesar as well. Really wanna do a new playthrough sometime.
V8I0CBG.gif
Wow, a fallout thread! I'm a huge fan (like @borous I also sorta named my accout after a NV DLC character... heheh). I'm surprised to see other people who like the legion as well. I couldn't choose between 3 and NV... They are both so good... I have all the games, but I haven't played far into 1, 2, and tactics.
Wow, a fallout thread! I'm a huge fan (like @borous I also sorta named my accout after a NV DLC character... heheh). I'm surprised to see other people who like the legion as well. I couldn't choose between 3 and NV... They are both so good... I have all the games, but I haven't played far into 1, 2, and tactics.
lNLqL93.pngvh23Ddz.png
1 2 3