Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | Offspring Links Broken
I recently sold three dragons through the AH, which were all successful, by the way. However, when I tried to click on the offspring links from the parents' pages (parents I still own), I get a missing dragon error. I also noticed that this only happens on babies that have been named. All three were sold unnamed, and were then renamed by their new owners. After they were renamed, the id variable in the URL was set to '0' (zero), and now the links don't work. One buyer took a bit longer to choose a name, and I was able to click on the link with no problem, and look at the profile of the person who had purchased that particular dragon. The id variable in the URL had an actual value while the dragon was still unnamed.

This also is only happening on dragons I've sold. Ones that I have kept can be renamed and the links remain intact.

Examples:
Deathscythe
Feenix

Those are the parents. If you look at their offspring links, those are the ones that I spotted the error on.

Also, it looks like Crossroads trades don't have this issue? Though I'm not sure because the situation for these four is a bit odd. A friend of mine borrowed my Fae (Frankie) to breed with her Fae (Marine). I sent her the trade, the eggs were hatched, and she sent me my original Fae back. We then decided which of us would get which of the two eggs that had been hatched. I took Concord, whom I named after I received her, and my friend kept Violet. All four dragons are still properly linked to each other.

The timing is the same on both clutches of dragons. The nests were set up and the breeding started before the server change, and the eggs were hatched/traded/sold after the server change.
I recently sold three dragons through the AH, which were all successful, by the way. However, when I tried to click on the offspring links from the parents' pages (parents I still own), I get a missing dragon error. I also noticed that this only happens on babies that have been named. All three were sold unnamed, and were then renamed by their new owners. After they were renamed, the id variable in the URL was set to '0' (zero), and now the links don't work. One buyer took a bit longer to choose a name, and I was able to click on the link with no problem, and look at the profile of the person who had purchased that particular dragon. The id variable in the URL had an actual value while the dragon was still unnamed.

This also is only happening on dragons I've sold. Ones that I have kept can be renamed and the links remain intact.

Examples:
Deathscythe
Feenix

Those are the parents. If you look at their offspring links, those are the ones that I spotted the error on.

Also, it looks like Crossroads trades don't have this issue? Though I'm not sure because the situation for these four is a bit odd. A friend of mine borrowed my Fae (Frankie) to breed with her Fae (Marine). I sent her the trade, the eggs were hatched, and she sent me my original Fae back. We then decided which of us would get which of the two eggs that had been hatched. I took Concord, whom I named after I received her, and my friend kept Violet. All four dragons are still properly linked to each other.

The timing is the same on both clutches of dragons. The nests were set up and the breeding started before the server change, and the eggs were hatched/traded/sold after the server change.
Sailor G says!
partymini.png
I got the same thing and I suspected that the buyers might have exalted the dragons in question. I happened to have a record of the colours/genes/breed/gender of those hatchlings, and when I looked them up through Search (which was still working at the time) the Search link was also broken. They came up just fine in the results, but I got a 404 trying to click on them.
I got the same thing and I suspected that the buyers might have exalted the dragons in question. I happened to have a record of the colours/genes/breed/gender of those hatchlings, and when I looked them up through Search (which was still working at the time) the Search link was also broken. They came up just fine in the results, but I got a 404 trying to click on them.
I've noticed it, too - two links from my own dragons (same clutch), and two from one of someone else's.

What it *looks* like is that something's replacing the "ID" number (for the user who owns the dragon, not for the dragon itself) with 0. The only dragons I'm seeing with this have all been named... I wonder if that has something to do with it. Or, like Jokes suggested, I guess it's possible they've been exalted? It's hard to know if this has come up and been answered before, with Search down.

Obviously I can't link to the affected dragons, but the DIDs (the dragon ID, after the last ampersand) for the dragons I know are affected are 232725, 232726, 244706, and 244707.
I've noticed it, too - two links from my own dragons (same clutch), and two from one of someone else's.

What it *looks* like is that something's replacing the "ID" number (for the user who owns the dragon, not for the dragon itself) with 0. The only dragons I'm seeing with this have all been named... I wonder if that has something to do with it. Or, like Jokes suggested, I guess it's possible they've been exalted? It's hard to know if this has come up and been answered before, with Search down.

Obviously I can't link to the affected dragons, but the DIDs (the dragon ID, after the last ampersand) for the dragons I know are affected are 232725, 232726, 244706, and 244707.
HrA24rI.gif
Image by Mayziken
It's possible, but even exalted dragons are still accessible from the offspring links. /thinking/ I've been able to click on them before. I'm not sure, though, because I haven't had any post-server-change unnamed offspring get exalted.
It's possible, but even exalted dragons are still accessible from the offspring links. /thinking/ I've been able to click on them before. I'm not sure, though, because I haven't had any post-server-change unnamed offspring get exalted.
Sailor G says!
partymini.png
I just had the same thing happen with two offspring. Both were snapped up very quickly (they were cheap) and now I'm getting 404s. I do wonder if someone is purchasing cheap babies just to exalt them?

My two are IDs: 354780 and 354775

354775 was named and 354780 still shows as unnamed
I just had the same thing happen with two offspring. Both were snapped up very quickly (they were cheap) and now I'm getting 404s. I do wonder if someone is purchasing cheap babies just to exalt them?

My two are IDs: 354780 and 354775

354775 was named and 354780 still shows as unnamed
Lair id=0 means exalted. And there's actually problem with showing exalted dragons.
I'm sure about it as I leveled and exalted my progenitor's firstborn, Tanluri (link to his mother, Tanluri is listed first in offspring).
Lair id=0 means exalted. And there's actually problem with showing exalted dragons.
I'm sure about it as I leveled and exalted my progenitor's firstborn, Tanluri (link to his mother, Tanluri is listed first in offspring).
coH7AEL.png
Oh, it is a known issue? I didn't see anything in the thread tracker.

I also noticed that if you take out everything from the URL after the "?" except the "=(dragonID)" and replace it with "dragon", it should display the dragon. But even that's not working for these particular ones.

For example, the URL http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=23969&tab=dragon&did=310487 gets you to the same dragon as http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=310487

But, as you can see, both URLs don't work here http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=view&id=0&tab=dragon&did=347474 and here http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=347474
Oh, it is a known issue? I didn't see anything in the thread tracker.

I also noticed that if you take out everything from the URL after the "?" except the "=(dragonID)" and replace it with "dragon", it should display the dragon. But even that's not working for these particular ones.

For example, the URL http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=23969&tab=dragon&did=310487 gets you to the same dragon as http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=310487

But, as you can see, both URLs don't work here http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=view&id=0&tab=dragon&did=347474 and here http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=347474
Sailor G says!
partymini.png
As far as I can tell, the dragons that were exalted before the server move are currently unreachable. I had exalted 3 dragons just before migration and I cannot see any of them, instead I get the Dragon not Found notification. This is the case whether I try to click from the parents offspring list or use the number in their url, for example:http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=181818. The IDs that I know this occurs with are: 181818, 298369, and 170780.
As far as I can tell, the dragons that were exalted before the server move are currently unreachable. I had exalted 3 dragons just before migration and I cannot see any of them, instead I get the Dragon not Found notification. This is the case whether I try to click from the parents offspring list or use the number in their url, for example:http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=181818. The IDs that I know this occurs with are: 181818, 298369, and 170780.
Shining Light Store Selling dragons. Closed for now.
I'm getting this too, and it makes me very very mad because I like seeing where my hatchlings go.

I've got too many affected dragons to try and sort through all of them, but from what I can tell, it's happened to all that were exalted before the server migration, and three or four I exalted a day ago.
I'm getting this too, and it makes me very very mad because I like seeing where my hatchlings go.

I've got too many affected dragons to try and sort through all of them, but from what I can tell, it's happened to all that were exalted before the server migration, and three or four I exalted a day ago.
4fxtl3.png Wiki-wordmark.pngtumblr_njw2bk1eZi1unlpe2o1_100.png
I have this problem with two dragons I just exalted (they were born before the server change, if it's relevant). The ids are 277919 and 277920.
I have this problem with two dragons I just exalted (they were born before the server change, if it's relevant). The ids are 277919 and 277920.
signatureletsmakesomesc.png
(Sig by StarrySpelunker)