Back

Raffles & Giveaways

Share your raffles and giveaways with the Flight Rising community.
TOPIC | Name That Noct and Win Big!!
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
@Judoon: Suggesting Verdant, both for its associations with flora (green with grass or other rich vegetation) and for how well it describes the dragon's colors (of the bright green color of lush grass), from the smoke to its deep hues.
@Judoon: Suggesting Verdant, both for its associations with flora (green with grass or other rich vegetation) and for how well it describes the dragon's colors (of the bright green color of lush grass), from the smoke to its deep hues.
@Judoon (I just saw that it was suggested on the previous page, but I want to second the name Laurel! It's what immediately came to mind when I looked at your gal.)

And since that was already taken and therefore can't be my entry...My suggestion would be "Fauna", to be the embodiment of everything in the forest. :)
@Judoon (I just saw that it was suggested on the previous page, but I want to second the name Laurel! It's what immediately came to mind when I looked at your gal.)

And since that was already taken and therefore can't be my entry...My suggestion would be "Fauna", to be the embodiment of everything in the forest. :)
scribblesisonlydoodling.gif

wind_0.pngwind_1.pngwind_2.pngwind_3.png
2rnjx3s.png
@Judoon

Sorry it took me so long to get an entry in! How about Chaparral? It's a Spanish word for "tangled shrubs and thorny bushes". It's pronounced Shap-per-al.
@Judoon

Sorry it took me so long to get an entry in! How about Chaparral? It's a Spanish word for "tangled shrubs and thorny bushes". It's pronounced Shap-per-al.
@Judoon
How about Thyme?
@Judoon
How about Thyme?
tumblr_nnedqo54LB1s6fg0ro1_100.png irdglOm.gif SmallVerticalDivider.png
SmallVerticalDivider.png
SmallVerticalDivider.png
SmallVerticalDivider.png
@Judoon

Long time no see Mulberry King, congratz on your beautiful Nocturne bab! ^^

I'm going to suggest calling her Nymph? Since they are nature deities, it's a cute name and I thought it fit well with the other names you had for your Nature themed dragons, I especially like the name Dryad :)
@Judoon

Long time no see Mulberry King, congratz on your beautiful Nocturne bab! ^^

I'm going to suggest calling her Nymph? Since they are nature deities, it's a cute name and I thought it fit well with the other names you had for your Nature themed dragons, I especially like the name Dryad :)
@Judoon

Not sure if this was already suggested.

But I think Asiza might be a good name for her. It is a name that originated in African meaning Forest Spirit. It is a girl name and I think it would fit her since she reminds me of a spirit with her light smoke color. She makes me think of a Guardian of a Forest. ^-^
@Judoon

Not sure if this was already suggested.

But I think Asiza might be a good name for her. It is a name that originated in African meaning Forest Spirit. It is a girl name and I think it would fit her since she reminds me of a spirit with her light smoke color. She makes me think of a Guardian of a Forest. ^-^
LOOKING FOR ART IN EXCHANGE FOR RETIRED ITEMS
pixel%20thing_zpsv1wwneey.png
Deviantart/Acitius/Furvilla/Aywas
@Judoon

I am going to suggest the name Curupira.

The Curupira is a mythical being from Brazilian folklore. It is usually depicted as a boy, though is sometimes female.

It is a forest guardian. The Curupira targets those who seek to harm the forest and its inhabitants, a trait fitting for a Nature dragon. However, it is also said to be able to create illusions, which fits her nocturne breed.

It is not surprising, therefore, that it would use trickery to protect the forests that it resides in. The feet of the Curupia is said to be backwards, to confuse anyone who tries to follow it. It also imitates animal cries to lure hunters deeper into the forest. This causes them to get lost.

Sources for more reading:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curupira
http://www.kurupira.net/kurupiraproject/folklore.php
https://casadecha.wordpress.com/2007/10/01/curupira-about-the-legend/

Admittedly, it's not technically a "forest spirit." It does, however, have as aspect of mimicry about it, which is a nocturne trait. It also combines the Nature element of your baby and the nocturne's Shadow origins by being a prankster that defends the forest and its inhabitants. It is arguably more fitting that a nature spirit's name.

So are you going to be Nature's jungle king now? It has a nice ring to it...
@Judoon

I am going to suggest the name Curupira.

The Curupira is a mythical being from Brazilian folklore. It is usually depicted as a boy, though is sometimes female.

It is a forest guardian. The Curupira targets those who seek to harm the forest and its inhabitants, a trait fitting for a Nature dragon. However, it is also said to be able to create illusions, which fits her nocturne breed.

It is not surprising, therefore, that it would use trickery to protect the forests that it resides in. The feet of the Curupia is said to be backwards, to confuse anyone who tries to follow it. It also imitates animal cries to lure hunters deeper into the forest. This causes them to get lost.

Sources for more reading:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curupira
http://www.kurupira.net/kurupiraproject/folklore.php
https://casadecha.wordpress.com/2007/10/01/curupira-about-the-legend/

Admittedly, it's not technically a "forest spirit." It does, however, have as aspect of mimicry about it, which is a nocturne trait. It also combines the Nature element of your baby and the nocturne's Shadow origins by being a prankster that defends the forest and its inhabitants. It is arguably more fitting that a nature spirit's name.

So are you going to be Nature's jungle king now? It has a nice ring to it...
6pUNHAC.gif
My entry is Maryjane. Yes, I know I'm probably the only one who thinks that's funny.
My entry is Maryjane. Yes, I know I'm probably the only one who thinks that's funny.
Give a ___/Get a ___ Masterlist // Forum Games Masterlist
No travelers, please! // Modern breeds preferred
I suggest Catnip. She's got a real mint-family look to her to me and catnip is my favorite mint.
I suggest Catnip. She's got a real mint-family look to her to me and catnip is my favorite mint.
rlfh5f.jpg
@Judoon

Abnoba, a Celtic goddess associated with forests and rivers.
@Judoon

Abnoba, a Celtic goddess associated with forests and rivers.
nBoOPgD.png tumblr_inline_oslbliqNaT1rxa3gl_400.png
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12