Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | PM Notifications.
Does anyone know of a Google Chrome extension/add-on that would allow me to be alerted with some kind of sound or popup notification when I get a PM? I use this site for communication with my girlfriend, who doesn't have a phone/personal computer, and it would be nice to know when ever she sends me a message, as she really hates when I don't message back.
Does anyone know of a Google Chrome extension/add-on that would allow me to be alerted with some kind of sound or popup notification when I get a PM? I use this site for communication with my girlfriend, who doesn't have a phone/personal computer, and it would be nice to know when ever she sends me a message, as she really hates when I don't message back.
XHxgasI.gif
By Macabre & Vendrus(sprite by Vendrus, background and animation by Macabre)
@auwest
But... the message alert on the site isn't automated! You have to refresh the site to get the notification in the first place. And if you're already flipping through this site, it's very easy to look up and see if you have message or not. If you're not browsing the site, the message alert will not refresh on itself! O____O

And I don't think this site provides an email alert either whenever you receive a message. I don't think an extension/add-on can work that way without you personally refresh the site every so often. Unless.... an add-on with auto-refresh AND a sound when they see there's an alert of message pops up? I think there might be something out there that can do that, but I don't think FR would allow it's use as it may consider botting...
@auwest
But... the message alert on the site isn't automated! You have to refresh the site to get the notification in the first place. And if you're already flipping through this site, it's very easy to look up and see if you have message or not. If you're not browsing the site, the message alert will not refresh on itself! O____O

And I don't think this site provides an email alert either whenever you receive a message. I don't think an extension/add-on can work that way without you personally refresh the site every so often. Unless.... an add-on with auto-refresh AND a sound when they see there's an alert of message pops up? I think there might be something out there that can do that, but I don't think FR would allow it's use as it may consider botting...
hatfrbanner-zps77e423a6_orig.pngpinksaphire-zpsf5iyzhbb_orig.gif
Aw, alright then. Yeah, I usually am not constantly refreshing due to the fact that once I get done with all my daily actions, I usually just leave the site in my tabs until the next day. I"ll look around on the Chrome Store for something like you described.
Aw, alright then. Yeah, I usually am not constantly refreshing due to the fact that once I get done with all my daily actions, I usually just leave the site in my tabs until the next day. I"ll look around on the Chrome Store for something like you described.
XHxgasI.gif
@auwest
Er.... if you do find anything, remember to check with the FR team first before you use. I don't want to get you into trouble of suspicious activity using an add-on. TAT

(I know some add-on are not allowed on FR, because they either change the site in some way, are considered botting, or they add too much stress to the server. Please, PLEASE check with the team first, or at least post it here and see if others who know more about add-on can help you decide whether it's safe to use here or not.)
@auwest
Er.... if you do find anything, remember to check with the FR team first before you use. I don't want to get you into trouble of suspicious activity using an add-on. TAT

(I know some add-on are not allowed on FR, because they either change the site in some way, are considered botting, or they add too much stress to the server. Please, PLEASE check with the team first, or at least post it here and see if others who know more about add-on can help you decide whether it's safe to use here or not.)
hatfrbanner-zps77e423a6_orig.pngpinksaphire-zpsf5iyzhbb_orig.gif
Alright, I'll be sure to do that. Thanks for the help ^_^.
Alright, I'll be sure to do that. Thanks for the help ^_^.
XHxgasI.gif