Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | The Search of the Guardians [ Open! ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
(( @Eruvyreth No problem! @XenSilverQuill you're up now when you're ready. :3 ))
(( @Eruvyreth No problem! @XenSilverQuill you're up now when you're ready. :3 ))
@Daftedly
((Here you go! Hope you like it! ^o^))

If another one of those eldritch monsters shows its head, Stormcatcher preserve me - and the monster! A charcoal Guardian limped through the dense undergrowth. Blood trickled from a slice along her hind leg, a souvenir from an earlier encounter with a Strangler. The serpent had certainly gotten off worse than she had, thankfully, although it had not made for a very good lunch. Morwenna was not much of a herbivore, but the rations she had brought with her from home had run out long ago and she was desperate to fill her stomach with something. More was the pity that she was not a better hunter. Her tongue lolled out in disgust. The bitter and tea-like taste of the Strangler had not faded in the hours since breakfast.

"Ah, what kind of Guardian am I?" she sighed to herself in exasperation. "I can barely take care of myself! How am I supposed to protect and take care of my future Ward?" If her Search ever came to anything and she actually found a Ward, that was. And that dream was becoming even more distant to her with each passing day it seemed. Absentmindedly running a claw over the pale scarf around her neck, Morwenna felt the distant pang of homesickness as she touched the farewell gift from her parents. Home was a many days flight behind her now, though, and she shook her head to clear the emotions. She was not a hatchling anymore. Nor would she be a true Guardian anytime soon if she kept her mind in the past.

Morwenna was so wrapped up in her own thoughts that she did not see that she had passed into a clearing and had all but bumped into a wall of seafoam colored scales. "Ow, watch it! What's the big id- Oh. Oh my." There looked to be half a dozen other Guardians there, and she stuttered in surprise. "I- I'm s-s-so sorry. I didn't see you - or any of you - there!"
@Daftedly
((Here you go! Hope you like it! ^o^))

If another one of those eldritch monsters shows its head, Stormcatcher preserve me - and the monster! A charcoal Guardian limped through the dense undergrowth. Blood trickled from a slice along her hind leg, a souvenir from an earlier encounter with a Strangler. The serpent had certainly gotten off worse than she had, thankfully, although it had not made for a very good lunch. Morwenna was not much of a herbivore, but the rations she had brought with her from home had run out long ago and she was desperate to fill her stomach with something. More was the pity that she was not a better hunter. Her tongue lolled out in disgust. The bitter and tea-like taste of the Strangler had not faded in the hours since breakfast.

"Ah, what kind of Guardian am I?" she sighed to herself in exasperation. "I can barely take care of myself! How am I supposed to protect and take care of my future Ward?" If her Search ever came to anything and she actually found a Ward, that was. And that dream was becoming even more distant to her with each passing day it seemed. Absentmindedly running a claw over the pale scarf around her neck, Morwenna felt the distant pang of homesickness as she touched the farewell gift from her parents. Home was a many days flight behind her now, though, and she shook her head to clear the emotions. She was not a hatchling anymore. Nor would she be a true Guardian anytime soon if she kept her mind in the past.

Morwenna was so wrapped up in her own thoughts that she did not see that she had passed into a clearing and had all but bumped into a wall of seafoam colored scales. "Ow, watch it! What's the big id- Oh. Oh my." There looked to be half a dozen other Guardians there, and she stuttered in surprise. "I- I'm s-s-so sorry. I didn't see you - or any of you - there!"
"You're probably right, Enduk." Lumens began to walk, but paused as Revolution spoke.

"You were being chased? Oh... That's not good..."

At that moment, yet another Guardian ran into Lumens. He yelped in very undignified surprise, jumping about a foot and twisting around wildly to face the newcomer.

"Lightweaver save m-! ... Oh. Hi. By The Eleven, I thought you were a monster," he said. He looked around from face to face. Surely this many Guardians in one place could not just be a coincidence? More questions came to the tip of his tongue, but he bit them back, remembering his companion's words and seeing the newcomer's wounds. They should keep moving unless they wanted to become monster chow.

"Are you alright, friend? Your leg is injured," Lumens said to the charcoal female. He looked at the others, and idea coming to him.

"I guess since we're all here in one place, and... I assume you're on your Search like Enduk and I am, maybe we could... I dunno, travel together? Safety in numbers and all," he said. He scuffed at the ground, suddenly shy. "I'm, uh, Lumens, by the way. And this is Enduk, if you haven't already guessed."

He gestured onwards with his muzzle. "We should probably walk and talk so we don't attract unwanted attention. If you... want to come, that is."

___

@OONDLENOODLE
"You're probably right, Enduk." Lumens began to walk, but paused as Revolution spoke.

"You were being chased? Oh... That's not good..."

At that moment, yet another Guardian ran into Lumens. He yelped in very undignified surprise, jumping about a foot and twisting around wildly to face the newcomer.

"Lightweaver save m-! ... Oh. Hi. By The Eleven, I thought you were a monster," he said. He looked around from face to face. Surely this many Guardians in one place could not just be a coincidence? More questions came to the tip of his tongue, but he bit them back, remembering his companion's words and seeing the newcomer's wounds. They should keep moving unless they wanted to become monster chow.

"Are you alright, friend? Your leg is injured," Lumens said to the charcoal female. He looked at the others, and idea coming to him.

"I guess since we're all here in one place, and... I assume you're on your Search like Enduk and I am, maybe we could... I dunno, travel together? Safety in numbers and all," he said. He scuffed at the ground, suddenly shy. "I'm, uh, Lumens, by the way. And this is Enduk, if you haven't already guessed."

He gestured onwards with his muzzle. "We should probably walk and talk so we don't attract unwanted attention. If you... want to come, that is."

___

@OONDLENOODLE
Enduk pauses as Lumens pauses, turning a little bit and watching the situation. So they have met three more Guardians here, presumably on their search. At least the newest one was Arcane, though he still would feel most comfortable talking with Lumens. Judging by the newcomer's injuries, however.... It would be better if they came along. Five guardians could fend off monsters better than two.

When Lumens introduces him he bows his head, and waits until he is done speaking. "Feel free to join us if you would like to. You, however," motioning to the newcomer "/will/ be coming with us. I should be able to use a little magic on those wounds when we next rest, at least help the healing process a little bit."

He was a bit excited about the idea of others joining them. He has never really heard of groups searching for their wards, but he hasn't heard of it being forbidden. Perhaps it would even make the search more enjoyable, he knew it would definitely make it safer.
Enduk pauses as Lumens pauses, turning a little bit and watching the situation. So they have met three more Guardians here, presumably on their search. At least the newest one was Arcane, though he still would feel most comfortable talking with Lumens. Judging by the newcomer's injuries, however.... It would be better if they came along. Five guardians could fend off monsters better than two.

When Lumens introduces him he bows his head, and waits until he is done speaking. "Feel free to join us if you would like to. You, however," motioning to the newcomer "/will/ be coming with us. I should be able to use a little magic on those wounds when we next rest, at least help the healing process a little bit."

He was a bit excited about the idea of others joining them. He has never really heard of groups searching for their wards, but he hasn't heard of it being forbidden. Perhaps it would even make the search more enjoyable, he knew it would definitely make it safer.

Revolution nodded her head a bit as she moved around a bit to get reoriented, her plate armor clinking as she stretched out her front legs and yawned. "I would be fine with that, just for now at least. Besides, how are we supposed to take care of our charges if we can't care for others of our own kind in need?" And then she smiled at Morwenna, "So what was chasing you?"
@Eruvyreth (Don't know if you're back now or not)

Revolution nodded her head a bit as she moved around a bit to get reoriented, her plate armor clinking as she stretched out her front legs and yawned. "I would be fine with that, just for now at least. Besides, how are we supposed to take care of our charges if we can't care for others of our own kind in need?" And then she smiled at Morwenna, "So what was chasing you?"
I found stars on the tip of your tongue/You speak poltergeist and so do I
dark-dragon-hatchling-water-pixel.gif
((I am back, sorry about that!))

Hotwire had begun to shrink backward, hoping to maybe just disappear into the trees without anyone noticing his disappearance, but... But, the idea of a group was intriguing. If there were more of them, they could explore more dangerous areas safely... and find more interesting items for his collection. He looked at all the others, and finally spoke up, "I think travelling together is a wonderful idea, myself... I mean, it might be more dangerous because we would draw more attention, but with all of us, we'd be stronger! R-right?"
His fins flared excitedly while he spoke, but at his final word they drooped again, and he began to wring his front paws together. He probably wasn't invited, now that he thought about it... They had been talking more to the ladies, than to him...
@XenSilverQuill
((I am back, sorry about that!))

Hotwire had begun to shrink backward, hoping to maybe just disappear into the trees without anyone noticing his disappearance, but... But, the idea of a group was intriguing. If there were more of them, they could explore more dangerous areas safely... and find more interesting items for his collection. He looked at all the others, and finally spoke up, "I think travelling together is a wonderful idea, myself... I mean, it might be more dangerous because we would draw more attention, but with all of us, we'd be stronger! R-right?"
His fins flared excitedly while he spoke, but at his final word they drooped again, and he began to wring his front paws together. He probably wasn't invited, now that he thought about it... They had been talking more to the ladies, than to him...
@XenSilverQuill
Lifting a brow at the grey male with the scars - the one Lumens had called 'Enduk' - Morwenna just managed to stifle a chuckle. What a cheeky and imperious one he is she mused inwardly. It's almost cute, although he had better think twice before trying to order me around. Still, the offer to heal the wound along her leg was nice, she supposed. "If you insist, then I suppose it must be so, haha."

The whole group was quite nice, actually. In the clan she had come from, having more than two Guardians in one place generally resulted in arguments and brawls. Yet the half dozen here were getting along just swimmingly. What was even more odd was the fact that they were all on their search, just like she was. Her thoughts echoed Lumens'. Are we allowed to travel in groups in our Search?

Morwenna had little time to think more on the matter, though, before a blue and armored lady starting talking to her. "A rather cranky Strangler," she answered, rubbing at the wound with her other hind leg. "He must have been cranky, else I don't know why else his bite would have been so harsh or his meat so bitter!

"Oh, hello." She turned her light blue eyes on the circuit gened electrician on the edge of the group. He looked almost like a nervous wreck, the poor thing, and Morwenna smiled kindly at him. "You're right; there is strength in numbers. And the more of us there are the better off we will all be." Walking up to him, she tilted her head to the side as she looked up at him. "My name's Morwenna. What's yours?"

@Daftedly
Lifting a brow at the grey male with the scars - the one Lumens had called 'Enduk' - Morwenna just managed to stifle a chuckle. What a cheeky and imperious one he is she mused inwardly. It's almost cute, although he had better think twice before trying to order me around. Still, the offer to heal the wound along her leg was nice, she supposed. "If you insist, then I suppose it must be so, haha."

The whole group was quite nice, actually. In the clan she had come from, having more than two Guardians in one place generally resulted in arguments and brawls. Yet the half dozen here were getting along just swimmingly. What was even more odd was the fact that they were all on their search, just like she was. Her thoughts echoed Lumens'. Are we allowed to travel in groups in our Search?

Morwenna had little time to think more on the matter, though, before a blue and armored lady starting talking to her. "A rather cranky Strangler," she answered, rubbing at the wound with her other hind leg. "He must have been cranky, else I don't know why else his bite would have been so harsh or his meat so bitter!

"Oh, hello." She turned her light blue eyes on the circuit gened electrician on the edge of the group. He looked almost like a nervous wreck, the poor thing, and Morwenna smiled kindly at him. "You're right; there is strength in numbers. And the more of us there are the better off we will all be." Walking up to him, she tilted her head to the side as she looked up at him. "My name's Morwenna. What's yours?"

@Daftedly
(( @OONDLENOODLE @Lesley @Eruvyreth @XenSilverQuill
@karkittyswag is interested in joining. I thought I'd let them get their character sheet in and make their intro post if they wanted to before I posted so they wouldn't have to wait for another round to pass for their turn. :3 ))
(( @OONDLENOODLE @Lesley @Eruvyreth @XenSilverQuill
@karkittyswag is interested in joining. I thought I'd let them get their character sheet in and make their intro post if they wanted to before I posted so they wouldn't have to wait for another round to pass for their turn. :3 ))
@Daftedly
((By all means let them come right on in! :D The more the merrier.))
@Daftedly
((By all means let them come right on in! :D The more the merrier.))
((Ah goodness, thank you everyone! *v* I was just reading through the thread in order to be caught up with the remainder of the story and situation. Seems it's a rather convenient instance for me, as it were >v> Well then, I'll be posting my introduction shortly.)) [b]FR Username:[/b] [b]Character Name:[/b] [b]Character's Flight:[/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=210851] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/2109/210851_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Description:[/b] Overly cautious and usually unfriendly, Ferai believes that the best way to nurture is to protect what needs growth. By protect, he surely means attacking anything which may present even a slight threat. It isn't uncommon that the mirror bite first and make questions later, though he harbors an equally compelling sense of curiosity. With such a large gathering of Guardians of such varied flights traipsing through the lush jungles of the motherly GladeKeeper, he is sure to follow if only to satiate his own curiosity and ensure they do not further disturb the verdant gardens of his home.
((Ah goodness, thank you everyone! *v* I was just reading through the thread in order to be caught up with the remainder of the story and situation. Seems it's a rather convenient instance for me, as it were >v> Well then, I'll be posting my introduction shortly.))

FR Username:
Character Name:
Character's Flight:

210851_350.png

Description: Overly cautious and usually unfriendly, Ferai believes that the best way to nurture is to protect what needs growth. By protect, he surely means attacking anything which may present even a slight threat. It isn't uncommon that the mirror bite first and make questions later, though he harbors an equally compelling sense of curiosity. With such a large gathering of Guardians of such varied flights traipsing through the lush jungles of the motherly GladeKeeper, he is sure to follow if only to satiate his own curiosity and ensure they do not further disturb the verdant gardens of his home.
rBccWL3.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9