Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Any FR Vultures?
1 2
((First of all, I apologize if a thread like this has already been made! Second of all, if your views differ, I would request that you either message me/another participant in Vulture Culture, or simply keep your views to yourself. I'd like this thread to remain friendly, thanks!!))

So yeah, the title is pretty much self-explanatory! Any vultures here on FR? Please introduce yourself, and maybe show us your collection!
((First of all, I apologize if a thread like this has already been made! Second of all, if your views differ, I would request that you either message me/another participant in Vulture Culture, or simply keep your views to yourself. I'd like this thread to remain friendly, thanks!!))

So yeah, the title is pretty much self-explanatory! Any vultures here on FR? Please introduce yourself, and maybe show us your collection!
I Need: Iri/Shim Triple Slate Imp, Iri/Shim Triple Brown Imp, Iri/Shim Triple Chocolate Imp. Please message me if willing to sell!
@Swolf I have never heard the phrase "vulture culture" until today. This means people collecting animal bones, skins, etc. correct?
@Swolf I have never heard the phrase "vulture culture" until today. This means people collecting animal bones, skins, etc. correct?
lNLqL93.pngvh23Ddz.png
@Ulysses Yes it does! It's mainly people who find bones/dead animals (via roadkill, natural death, etc.) and work to preserve it. Most people (myself included) have an extreme reverence for the animals they work with; we want to preserve and honor these beautiful creatures.
@Ulysses Yes it does! It's mainly people who find bones/dead animals (via roadkill, natural death, etc.) and work to preserve it. Most people (myself included) have an extreme reverence for the animals they work with; we want to preserve and honor these beautiful creatures.
I Need: Iri/Shim Triple Slate Imp, Iri/Shim Triple Brown Imp, Iri/Shim Triple Chocolate Imp. Please message me if willing to sell!
im more of a vulture fledgling haha oh man. i got my hands on my first skull for christmas, and a rabbit pelt not long after that.
technically, the coyote i got was my second skull. i used to have a mouse. but then my dog ate it
i have a bearded dragon buried in my back yard for cleaning, too. what i really wanna get my hands on is a bear skull, but those are illegal in california.
im more of a vulture fledgling haha oh man. i got my hands on my first skull for christmas, and a rabbit pelt not long after that.
technically, the coyote i got was my second skull. i used to have a mouse. but then my dog ate it
i have a bearded dragon buried in my back yard for cleaning, too. what i really wanna get my hands on is a bear skull, but those are illegal in california.
@shutupstarscream Well hi! Sounds like you're off to a great start! I've got a coyote skull myself, they're absolutely lovely creatures. And good luck with the beardie!
@shutupstarscream Well hi! Sounds like you're off to a great start! I've got a coyote skull myself, they're absolutely lovely creatures. And good luck with the beardie!
@Swolf Awesome. I actually have a small collection. Most of what I have was either given to me, or something I bought, but I do have a couple skulls that I found. I will try to get a picture of my collection tomorrow, when the lighting is better. I love this stuff and had no idea there was actually a community of people who share that interest. Vulture culture is also a very cute name for it.
@Swolf Awesome. I actually have a small collection. Most of what I have was either given to me, or something I bought, but I do have a couple skulls that I found. I will try to get a picture of my collection tomorrow, when the lighting is better. I love this stuff and had no idea there was actually a community of people who share that interest. Vulture culture is also a very cute name for it.
lNLqL93.pngvh23Ddz.png
@Swolf
well thank you uvu

canine skulls in general are just so great?? i really love comparing them to each other. brachycephalic breeds are probably my favorites, their skulls look so weird

the beardie's been down there for a while tbh i'm just scared of what my parents will say if i dig him up haha. they don't quite get the whole "love of dead things" aesthetic
@Swolf
well thank you uvu

canine skulls in general are just so great?? i really love comparing them to each other. brachycephalic breeds are probably my favorites, their skulls look so weird

the beardie's been down there for a while tbh i'm just scared of what my parents will say if i dig him up haha. they don't quite get the whole "love of dead things" aesthetic
I gotta say I love that term. First time hearing it. I am quite an avid collector of dead things. I'll either find them out in nature or at random flea markets or garage sales. My skull collection includes:

black bear
coyote
red fox
pig
steer
elk
bobcat
pigeon
hummingbird (which I'm currently working on cleaning)
short tailed weasel
various small rodent skulls found in owl pellets
an old sheep
small alligator head

here are some pictures http://s721.photobucket.com/user/BurlesqueStar/library/My%20Collection

I also have other various things in my collection like cat bones, various collected bird feathers, insects, antlers and such
I gotta say I love that term. First time hearing it. I am quite an avid collector of dead things. I'll either find them out in nature or at random flea markets or garage sales. My skull collection includes:

black bear
coyote
red fox
pig
steer
elk
bobcat
pigeon
hummingbird (which I'm currently working on cleaning)
short tailed weasel
various small rodent skulls found in owl pellets
an old sheep
small alligator head

here are some pictures http://s721.photobucket.com/user/BurlesqueStar/library/My%20Collection

I also have other various things in my collection like cat bones, various collected bird feathers, insects, antlers and such
Mwff8lj.png
@Ulysses Haha, I started out buying/receiving gifts too! I've started to find a lot though, mainly skunks out here, haha. But yes VC is the perfect cute name!!

@shutupstarscream Ahh yes! I really wish the breeding of hyper-brachycephalic breeds would cease to be, but their skulls are so pleasantly weird.
Haha, that's why you dig on the graveyard shift man

@FoxOnStilts Oh my goodness, I'm so jealous of your collection! Haha, I particularly love your little semi-mummified weasel, he's a real cutie.
Also gosh, it's exciting to find someone with an interest in insects!! What sort of arthropods do you have?
@Ulysses Haha, I started out buying/receiving gifts too! I've started to find a lot though, mainly skunks out here, haha. But yes VC is the perfect cute name!!

@shutupstarscream Ahh yes! I really wish the breeding of hyper-brachycephalic breeds would cease to be, but their skulls are so pleasantly weird.
Haha, that's why you dig on the graveyard shift man

@FoxOnStilts Oh my goodness, I'm so jealous of your collection! Haha, I particularly love your little semi-mummified weasel, he's a real cutie.
Also gosh, it's exciting to find someone with an interest in insects!! What sort of arthropods do you have?
@Swolf Thank you so much ^^ I currently have a small scorpion along with some Emporors that I need to pin and display. I also have a few butterflies and two Tupperware bowls full of tarantula molts. I like to make jewelry from the fangs. I also have a Tanzanian Whip Tail Scorpion that I need to pin as well.

The fun part is here in Las Vegas, NV at one of our museums we have a Nature Exchange so I can take some stuff in from my collection and trade it for their stuff. Unfortunately they don't take anything from mammals but I collect all things from nature. I'm currently saving my points to trade for one of their big Horseshoe crab exoskeletons.
@Swolf Thank you so much ^^ I currently have a small scorpion along with some Emporors that I need to pin and display. I also have a few butterflies and two Tupperware bowls full of tarantula molts. I like to make jewelry from the fangs. I also have a Tanzanian Whip Tail Scorpion that I need to pin as well.

The fun part is here in Las Vegas, NV at one of our museums we have a Nature Exchange so I can take some stuff in from my collection and trade it for their stuff. Unfortunately they don't take anything from mammals but I collect all things from nature. I'm currently saving my points to trade for one of their big Horseshoe crab exoskeletons.
Mwff8lj.png
1 2