Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Feeding suggestion?
I am a very new player, so I'm not quite sure if anyone else is annoyed by this like me, or if there's already a post, but I'd love it if we can assign a specific food group to dragons that can eat from more than one, like Imperials.

The reason I'm a little annoyed is because my Tundras eat only plants, and Coatl only eats seafood but my Imperials can eat any food, yet they only take from my plant or seafood piles.

I'd rather they take from meat or insects; I've currently got 58 seafood and 77 plants but over 500 of the other two, and I'd love it if I could just tell them to eat from one specific group so I don't keep running out as fast as I am ^^'

I know food isn't a lot, and there's the gather items thing but that won't help my massive amount of Insects and Meat.

Thank you for taking time to read this, and I'd love your thoughts and opinions! :D
I am a very new player, so I'm not quite sure if anyone else is annoyed by this like me, or if there's already a post, but I'd love it if we can assign a specific food group to dragons that can eat from more than one, like Imperials.

The reason I'm a little annoyed is because my Tundras eat only plants, and Coatl only eats seafood but my Imperials can eat any food, yet they only take from my plant or seafood piles.

I'd rather they take from meat or insects; I've currently got 58 seafood and 77 plants but over 500 of the other two, and I'd love it if I could just tell them to eat from one specific group so I don't keep running out as fast as I am ^^'

I know food isn't a lot, and there's the gather items thing but that won't help my massive amount of Insects and Meat.

Thank you for taking time to read this, and I'd love your thoughts and opinions! :D
@Hiniko

supported definitely, but for the moment this might help if you're having feeding troubles

I can't remember where I first saw the post about feeding tips and if anyone recognises what I'm about to say and knows where it's from it'd be helpful

I had the same problem given I have several coatls and ridgies who exclusively eat seafood whilst my imps were always hogging the fishies.

the method I currently use for feeding is to keep my seafood as close to 0 as possible at all times. Let your seafood/plants run down to 0, just don't convert anything.
When it comes to feeding your dragons your imps are then forced to eat the meat or insect food whilst your tundra and coatls go hungry for the moment.
I can't remember how many foodpoints per % you need, but after the main feeding convert just enough plant and seafood for the rest of the dergs until they're full as well.

I swapped to this method a while ago and now, with the extra food I get from coli I've yet to run out of any food type. I currently still hoard seafood since it means during festivals i can spend more turns in digging/scavenging, but since my food consumption is more manageable now I could probably get away with starting to auction food.
@Hiniko

supported definitely, but for the moment this might help if you're having feeding troubles

I can't remember where I first saw the post about feeding tips and if anyone recognises what I'm about to say and knows where it's from it'd be helpful

I had the same problem given I have several coatls and ridgies who exclusively eat seafood whilst my imps were always hogging the fishies.

the method I currently use for feeding is to keep my seafood as close to 0 as possible at all times. Let your seafood/plants run down to 0, just don't convert anything.
When it comes to feeding your dragons your imps are then forced to eat the meat or insect food whilst your tundra and coatls go hungry for the moment.
I can't remember how many foodpoints per % you need, but after the main feeding convert just enough plant and seafood for the rest of the dergs until they're full as well.

I swapped to this method a while ago and now, with the extra food I get from coli I've yet to run out of any food type. I currently still hoard seafood since it means during festivals i can spend more turns in digging/scavenging, but since my food consumption is more manageable now I could probably get away with starting to auction food.
nice
I support randomizing the omnivores and fixing the glitch so they eat last.
I support randomizing the omnivores and fixing the glitch so they eat last.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
I think offering the option to feed each individual food type separately would work just as well.

It might also be easier on the servers in the long run as it would only need to check which dragons eat what, instead of checking which dragons eat what in which order.
I think offering the option to feed each individual food type separately would work just as well.

It might also be easier on the servers in the long run as it would only need to check which dragons eat what, instead of checking which dragons eat what in which order.
MagnusSignature_zps08f47bcd.jpg
[quote name="suitwetter" date="2015-01-05 10:54:30"] the method I currently use for feeding is to keep my seafood as close to 0 as possible at all times. Let your seafood/plants run down to 0, just don't convert anything. When it comes to feeding your dragons your imps are then forced to eat the meat or insect food whilst your tundra and coatls go hungry for the moment. I can't remember how many foodpoints per % you need, but after the main feeding convert just enough plant and seafood for the rest of the dergs until they're full as well.[/quote] Thank you for the suggestion, it helps a lot! :D
suitwetter wrote on 2015-01-05 10:54:30:

Thank you for the suggestion, it helps a lot! :D
Support!
Support!
No support, sorry. Personally I think it's fine, you can choose whatever your dragons call for most in gathering by using more turns on the foods they demand.
No support, sorry. Personally I think it's fine, you can choose whatever your dragons call for most in gathering by using more turns on the foods they demand.