Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Allow more characters in dragon names
1 2
Support! I'd love to give my Norse dragons their proper names. ;~;
Support! I'd love to give my Norse dragons their proper names. ;~;
LXBJg3t.png
[quote name="Sparrowlicious" date="2013-07-30 12:08:24" url="main.php?p=mb&board=sug&page=1&id=825517#826176"]As someone who has umlauts on their keyboard and this thing here: ß (only in Switzerland they don't need this thing in German) I can only say: Yes, please. [/quote] + Support. Also, German does use ß. Last time I checked it was used quite a bit. :T
As someone who has umlauts on their keyboard and this thing here: ß (only in Switzerland they don't need this thing in German) I can only say:
Yes, please.

+ Support. Also, German does use ß. Last time I checked it was used quite a bit. :T
Support!!! :D I would love this, especially for apostrophes. Unless you can already add those, and then whatever I still support it.
Support!!! :D I would love this, especially for apostrophes. Unless you can already add those, and then whatever I still support it.
1VZYsOg.jpg
Ping me if you need me :)
Support. I'd actually like to name the dragons the way one would name a show dog. >.>,,
Support. I'd actually like to name the dragons the way one would name a show dog. >.>,,
support! being able to put hyphens in dragon names would be glorious.
support! being able to put hyphens in dragon names would be glorious.
Vxr4Vdv.gif
[quote name="Nanosilver" date="2013-07-30 14:42:11" url="main.php?p=mb&board=sug&page=1&id=825517#829950"][quote name="Sparrowlicious" date="2013-07-30 12:08:24" url="main.php?p=mb&board=sug&page=1&id=825517#826176"]As someone who has umlauts on their keyboard and this thing here: ß (only in Switzerland they don't need this thing in German) I can only say: Yes, please.[/quote] @Sparrowlicious If you're saying that Germans don't use ß you're misinformed, we do in fact use it. Anyway, I agree. [/quote] @nanosilver You obviously didn't read my post correctly. Only Swiss people don't need ß in German. Everyone else does. So do we people here in Austria. Not only German people speak German, you know? You obviously misinterpreted my post.
As someone who has umlauts on their keyboard and this thing here: ß (only in Switzerland they don't need this thing in German) I can only say:
Yes, please.

@Sparrowlicious
If you're saying that Germans don't use ß you're misinformed, we do in fact use it.

Anyway, I agree.

@nanosilver

You obviously didn't read my post correctly. Only Swiss people don't need ß in German. Everyone else does. So do we people here in Austria. Not only German people speak German, you know? You obviously misinterpreted my post.
[quote name="Sparrowlicious" date="2013-07-30 20:19:08" url="main.php?p=mb&board=sug&page=2&id=825517#837761"][quote name="Nanosilver" date="2013-07-30 14:42:11" url="main.php?p=mb&board=sug&page=1&id=825517#829950"][quote name="Sparrowlicious" date="2013-07-30 12:08:24" url="main.php?p=mb&board=sug&page=1&id=825517#826176"]As someone who has umlauts on their keyboard and this thing here: ß (only in Switzerland they don't need this thing in German) I can only say: Yes, please.[/quote] @Sparrowlicious If you're saying that Germans don't use ß you're misinformed, we do in fact use it. Anyway, I agree. [/quote] @nanosilver You obviously didn't read my post correctly. Only Swiss people don't need ß in German. Everyone else does. So do we people here in Austria. Not only German people speak German, you know? You obviously misinterpreted my post. [/quote] It was an understandable misinterpreting! I am also confused. As a third-party person who doesn't speak German but has experience with languages -- why don't Swiss people need ß when speaking/writing in German? I would have thought that German is written the same no matter what country or nationality you are? (Unless it's a sort of Swiss-German hybrid that you write in the Swiss alphabet, like how a lot of people write Japanese in romaji (Western letters) instead of hiragana)
Yes, please.

@Sparrowlicious
If you're saying that Germans don't use ß you're misinformed, we do in fact use it.

Anyway, I agree.

@nanosilver

You obviously didn't read my post correctly. Only Swiss people don't need ß in German. Everyone else does. So do we people here in Austria. Not only German people speak German, you know? You obviously misinterpreted my post.

It was an understandable misinterpreting! I am also confused.

As a third-party person who doesn't speak German but has experience with languages -- why don't Swiss people need ß when speaking/writing in German? I would have thought that German is written the same no matter what country or nationality you are? (Unless it's a sort of Swiss-German hybrid that you write in the Swiss alphabet, like how a lot of people write Japanese in romaji (Western letters) instead of hiragana)
Tumblr
1 2