Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Odd body quirks?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
My left earlobe is smaller than my right earlobe. Also, the left is attached and the right is free. The only person who's ever noticed was the woman who pierced my ears.
My left earlobe is smaller than my right earlobe. Also, the left is attached and the right is free. The only person who's ever noticed was the woman who pierced my ears.
tumblr_inline_n6kd7qPuvI1qlye38.gif
I'm double-jointed, probably somewhere in my arms, because I can totally fold my arms back behind my head. It creeps people out all the time. I also have these weird pimple-ish bumps on my arms near my upper arms/shoulders, and I'm not totally sure why they're there. Maybe eczema or something similar...?
I'm double-jointed, probably somewhere in my arms, because I can totally fold my arms back behind my head. It creeps people out all the time. I also have these weird pimple-ish bumps on my arms near my upper arms/shoulders, and I'm not totally sure why they're there. Maybe eczema or something similar...?
qvTNuJR.pnglogo16_zps302d6ac7.png Utter Phasma Trash
My joints pop out by themselves when I'm doing things like jogging or lifting things
My joints pop out by themselves when I'm doing things like jogging or lifting things
I have a third nipple, it's super small and just looks kinda like a birth mark but yeah.
I have a third nipple, it's super small and just looks kinda like a birth mark but yeah.
My nose is the squishiest part of my body.

The actual bone part does not start until right before my brow ridge. The rest is cartilage.

The result is a very flexy, super stretchy, and rubbery nose.

I can fold it over to the point where it's almost inside out, bend it completely sideways both ways until it's flat against my cheek, and twist it upside down to a point.

My friends don't believe me until I start contorting my nose, then they get all shocked, poke it with a finger, and squeal with delight and disgust as they discover that my nose is the lost hybrid between olfactory organs and rubber.

There's a plus and negative to this.

Plus: It's hard for me to break my nose. The squishy bits absorb most of the impact. I almost broke my nose by running into a wall, but my wonder nose cushioned the bone.

Negative: I can't handle vibrations. Sitting in an old car that rattles and vibrates makes my nose itch and tickle something fierce that drives me insane :S
My nose is the squishiest part of my body.

The actual bone part does not start until right before my brow ridge. The rest is cartilage.

The result is a very flexy, super stretchy, and rubbery nose.

I can fold it over to the point where it's almost inside out, bend it completely sideways both ways until it's flat against my cheek, and twist it upside down to a point.

My friends don't believe me until I start contorting my nose, then they get all shocked, poke it with a finger, and squeal with delight and disgust as they discover that my nose is the lost hybrid between olfactory organs and rubber.

There's a plus and negative to this.

Plus: It's hard for me to break my nose. The squishy bits absorb most of the impact. I almost broke my nose by running into a wall, but my wonder nose cushioned the bone.

Negative: I can't handle vibrations. Sitting in an old car that rattles and vibrates makes my nose itch and tickle something fierce that drives me insane :S
(feel free to add multiples as you think of them because that's exactly what I'm going to do lol)

It's physically impossible for me to faint. My dad has some theory relating to how I sleep considering I stay in REM sleep for quite longer than most people do, but I go into a sort of stasis. I needed an IV when I was 14 due to dehydration, and I had a vasovagal response, but I was completely conscious through it. I could see and hear everything going on around me, I just couldn't move. Same thing happened when I got my ears repierced.
(feel free to add multiples as you think of them because that's exactly what I'm going to do lol)

It's physically impossible for me to faint. My dad has some theory relating to how I sleep considering I stay in REM sleep for quite longer than most people do, but I go into a sort of stasis. I needed an IV when I was 14 due to dehydration, and I had a vasovagal response, but I was completely conscious through it. I could see and hear everything going on around me, I just couldn't move. Same thing happened when I got my ears repierced.
j3zsWMV.png
Uh, well, if this counts?

I got two of my ribs broken in a fight, but, well, doctors and me found that out, like, 4 years after that happened. I basically suffer from often hellish back pains and cramps, but the funny part is that I have two floating ribs hanging out somewhere near my liver and kidneys. I bet my ribs enjoy partyin' a whole lot and ain't leaving so soon lmao
Uh, well, if this counts?

I got two of my ribs broken in a fight, but, well, doctors and me found that out, like, 4 years after that happened. I basically suffer from often hellish back pains and cramps, but the funny part is that I have two floating ribs hanging out somewhere near my liver and kidneys. I bet my ribs enjoy partyin' a whole lot and ain't leaving so soon lmao
6655fe4067bf8ca45637cdd30867f01d0c1e2466.png
I walk on my toes for the most part, and I always have according to my mom o: I can also bend my thumbs back to my wrists its pretty fun to watch people get grossed out.

My left hip also pops while i walk if i take long strides or walk a long time, and I worry a little bit since im only 17 lmao
I walk on my toes for the most part, and I always have according to my mom o: I can also bend my thumbs back to my wrists its pretty fun to watch people get grossed out.

My left hip also pops while i walk if i take long strides or walk a long time, and I worry a little bit since im only 17 lmao
let's see, Hitch hikers thumb on both hands, enough that I physically can't hold my thumbs upright, they naturally are bent back almost 90 degrees.
Double Jointed on each finger, which freaks my coworkers out.
I have hobbit feet. By which I mean my feet are so hairy if I'm not wearing socks, the hairs can get wrapped around my toes which really hurts when I walk.
Missing the tip of my left thumb, I chopped it off cutting green onions at a previous job.
Also missing some of my right middle finger, sliced it off on my shaving razor at college.

Oh, and I have a genetic disorder where fibromas (benign tumors) form on my nerve endings, meaning I have little bumps all over my body

Oh yeah! and a lightning bolt shaped scar in the middle of my forehead (which I had BEFORE Harry Potter existed)
let's see, Hitch hikers thumb on both hands, enough that I physically can't hold my thumbs upright, they naturally are bent back almost 90 degrees.
Double Jointed on each finger, which freaks my coworkers out.
I have hobbit feet. By which I mean my feet are so hairy if I'm not wearing socks, the hairs can get wrapped around my toes which really hurts when I walk.
Missing the tip of my left thumb, I chopped it off cutting green onions at a previous job.
Also missing some of my right middle finger, sliced it off on my shaving razor at college.

Oh, and I have a genetic disorder where fibromas (benign tumors) form on my nerve endings, meaning I have little bumps all over my body

Oh yeah! and a lightning bolt shaped scar in the middle of my forehead (which I had BEFORE Harry Potter existed)
S9GIMwM.pngyKp0KRf.png8Wxihjh.gif
Double jointed... and used to be extreamly flexible. I can (kinda...) curl up into a ball and roll around on the floor, doing that kinda hurts since my hair is so long now but with it braided I can do that.

I have a very light scar in my right eyebrow from having been bitten by a dog when I was a toddler... the poor dog had to be put down. Most people don't notice the scar unless I point it out.

I can also... sorta grab stuff with my feet. My toe right next to my big toe on my right foot has a weird bump on the bottom of it that has always been there as far as I know. My boyfriend was rubbing my toes, dunno why, and noticed it and asked about it. XD
Double jointed... and used to be extreamly flexible. I can (kinda...) curl up into a ball and roll around on the floor, doing that kinda hurts since my hair is so long now but with it braided I can do that.

I have a very light scar in my right eyebrow from having been bitten by a dog when I was a toddler... the poor dog had to be put down. Most people don't notice the scar unless I point it out.

I can also... sorta grab stuff with my feet. My toe right next to my big toe on my right foot has a weird bump on the bottom of it that has always been there as far as I know. My boyfriend was rubbing my toes, dunno why, and noticed it and asked about it. XD
tumblr_inline_npfww4Lt7E1r3vdo1_540.pngtumblr_inline_npg3eaeWOZ1r3vdo1_540.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8