Back

Find a Dragon

Search for the perfect dragon.
TOPIC | [private breeding request]
1 2 3 4
@avianpoetry

Well that does explain why my own research didn't bear much fruit.

That sounds great to me, yes! If the hatchlings don't work out for whatever reason, we can still talk about that then, but since I'm very interested in having one, I don't mind that at all, so. Yeah.
@avianpoetry

Well that does explain why my own research didn't bear much fruit.

That sounds great to me, yes! If the hatchlings don't work out for whatever reason, we can still talk about that then, but since I'm very interested in having one, I don't mind that at all, so. Yeah.
feed him to the hungry rats for dinner
early in the morning
@librarianknight

yeah, i was a little surprised! people aren't usually that private about prices/haggling on here. but anyway, great! i really hope the nest has more than one or two eggs so that you guys can have one if you'd like :3

if this all checks out with ******, we can probably contact the nest and get these guys ready!
@librarianknight

yeah, i was a little surprised! people aren't usually that private about prices/haggling on here. but anyway, great! i really hope the nest has more than one or two eggs so that you guys can have one if you'd like :3

if this all checks out with ******, we can probably contact the nest and get these guys ready!
infj | she/her
i have a soft spot for spikey plants.

uQMWuYO.png
@****** @librarianknight

checking in about this--how are we feeling? are we ready to go? if so, i can contact the lightning nest. :3
@****** @librarianknight

checking in about this--how are we feeling? are we ready to go? if so, i can contact the lightning nest. :3
infj | she/her

uQMWuYO.png
Sorry to stick my head in here when it's labelled private.

Usually stud fees are limited to a split nest (at least, IME). Since @avianpoetry (great name btw) isn't contributing a parent to this match, my suggestion would be to
1. Split all eggs between the parents, except for Avian's
2. Avian pays double the cost of the hatchling they want, based on AH prices for the resulting genes/breed/etc, as well as the nesting fee.
3. If the number of eggs is even, the "leftover" hatching is either "bought out" by one member who wants it, or is sold on the AH and the resulting money split between the parents.
Sorry to stick my head in here when it's labelled private.

Usually stud fees are limited to a split nest (at least, IME). Since @avianpoetry (great name btw) isn't contributing a parent to this match, my suggestion would be to
1. Split all eggs between the parents, except for Avian's
2. Avian pays double the cost of the hatchling they want, based on AH prices for the resulting genes/breed/etc, as well as the nesting fee.
3. If the number of eggs is even, the "leftover" hatching is either "bought out" by one member who wants it, or is sold on the AH and the resulting money split between the parents.
@Jacq

oh! thank you! we were all a bit stumbly in the dark, as you could see :P (re: username--thank you! ^_^)

so i would pay double the ah price?
@Jacq

oh! thank you! we were all a bit stumbly in the dark, as you could see :P (re: username--thank you! ^_^)

so i would pay double the ah price?
infj | she/her

uQMWuYO.png
@avianpoetry @librarianknight

I'm good to go when you guys are, all seems well with me.
@avianpoetry @librarianknight

I'm good to go when you guys are, all seems well with me.
bannersmaller.png
I am the work-a-holic co-author of the comic Flame Born
@Avianpoetry
That's right. Now, I'm not a super studding boss or anything, but "price of the cheapest AH hatchling with parents' genes" is the studding fee I've taken (only twice!) when I have no interest in actually owning the babies. Since you're basically paying [iboth[/i] parents, I think it's fair.

But I mean, as long as everyone involved is happy with the result, that's all that matters. :)

(I don't think people are being deliberate jerks about studding fees, btw. It's just a thing that's very changeable and depends very much on the people involved that it's hard to make a "set" price.)
@Avianpoetry
That's right. Now, I'm not a super studding boss or anything, but "price of the cheapest AH hatchling with parents' genes" is the studding fee I've taken (only twice!) when I have no interest in actually owning the babies. Since you're basically paying [iboth[/i] parents, I think it's fair.

But I mean, as long as everyone involved is happy with the result, that's all that matters. :)

(I don't think people are being deliberate jerks about studding fees, btw. It's just a thing that's very changeable and depends very much on the people involved that it's hard to make a "set" price.)
@Jacq

oh yeah no we didn't think anyone was being a jerk! we were just surprised with how closed-mouthed people were about it :P thanks so much for your help!

@librarianknight @******

would you rather go with this model instead? i definitely want to make sure i'm paying you the money you deserve. or, we can go with the one we've already worked out, if that works for you! i have no preference. :3
@Jacq

oh yeah no we didn't think anyone was being a jerk! we were just surprised with how closed-mouthed people were about it :P thanks so much for your help!

@librarianknight @******

would you rather go with this model instead? i definitely want to make sure i'm paying you the money you deserve. or, we can go with the one we've already worked out, if that works for you! i have no preference. :3
infj | she/her

uQMWuYO.png
@avianpoetry

So maybe it's because I just woke up but I don't think I even understood the other model. Not that I'm objecting per se, I jut didn't get it at all.
@avianpoetry

So maybe it's because I just woke up but I don't think I even understood the other model. Not that I'm objecting per se, I jut didn't get it at all.
feed him to the hungry rats for dinner
early in the morning
@librarianknight

it took me a couple tries too. i think what the other poster is saying is that because i am providing no parents or nest (in other words, outsourcing the entire operation) i should pay more. they're saying that you guys would split the nest down the middle and i would pay double the cheapest ah price of a hatchling with certain genes.

so, for example, if the hatchling that i chose had iri/stripes/gembond, i would pay 14k for it, because right now the cheapest ah ridgie with those genes is going for 7k.

however, i just realized that that model doesn't super apply seeing as the colors are way more important to me than the genes and i plan on regening the hatchie anyway?? and besides, if it's confusing to you and we already all agreed with the first plan, it might be best just to go with that.
@librarianknight

it took me a couple tries too. i think what the other poster is saying is that because i am providing no parents or nest (in other words, outsourcing the entire operation) i should pay more. they're saying that you guys would split the nest down the middle and i would pay double the cheapest ah price of a hatchling with certain genes.

so, for example, if the hatchling that i chose had iri/stripes/gembond, i would pay 14k for it, because right now the cheapest ah ridgie with those genes is going for 7k.

however, i just realized that that model doesn't super apply seeing as the colors are way more important to me than the genes and i plan on regening the hatchie anyway?? and besides, if it's confusing to you and we already all agreed with the first plan, it might be best just to go with that.
infj | she/her

uQMWuYO.png
1 2 3 4