Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Myer Briggs Personality Tests :O
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
I am ENFP, and I agree, it is pretty wild!!! I totally agree on the reading up on the types things- the tests are really just meant as a starting point and they're only really about 50%-75% accurate. It takes a little more research beyond the test on your part to get a really clear knowledge of what your type is!
I am ENFP, and I agree, it is pretty wild!!! I totally agree on the reading up on the types things- the tests are really just meant as a starting point and they're only really about 50%-75% accurate. It takes a little more research beyond the test on your part to get a really clear knowledge of what your type is!
I'm ENTJ, and it really sucks 'cause I'm the only extrovert in my family... you can probably imagine how that feels. I'm near exact opposite of my mom, who's INFP, but what is shocking is that she still understands some of my thinking-judging gibberish :o
I'm ENTJ, and it really sucks 'cause I'm the only extrovert in my family... you can probably imagine how that feels. I'm near exact opposite of my mom, who's INFP, but what is shocking is that she still understands some of my thinking-judging gibberish :o
ISTP with pretty heavy iNtuition and Judging.

But I'm still an ISTP.

I've always wanted to meet an ENFP! I don't think I've really known any for a while.
ISTP with pretty heavy iNtuition and Judging.

But I'm still an ISTP.

I've always wanted to meet an ENFP! I don't think I've really known any for a while.
INTP

I think I'm awkward enough for it.
INTP

I think I'm awkward enough for it.
[quote name="airyZendalas" date="2014-12-19 15:12:57"]I'm ENTJ, and it really sucks 'cause I'm the only extrovert in my family... you can probably imagine how that feels. I'm near exact opposite of my mom, who's INFP, but what is shocking is that she still understands some of my thinking-judging gibberish :o[/quote] I'm ENFP and I'm pretty sure my mom is ISTJ - basically the opposite of me in every way. We still manage to get along okay but we have reaaaallly different world views, and she looks at the world in a kind of a really cold and analytic way which can be really jarring to me. So i definitely understand the struggle. @Wolfwood - OOOh we should totally be friends then!!! I don't think I've ever met an ISTP either (well that I know of, of course) so that would be cool
airyZendalas wrote on 2014-12-19 15:12:57:
I'm ENFP and I'm pretty sure my mom is ISTJ - basically the opposite of me in every way. We still manage to get along okay but we have reaaaallly different world views, and she looks at the world in a kind of a really cold and analytic way which can be really jarring to me.
So i definitely understand the struggle.

@Wolfwood - OOOh we should totally be friends then!!! I don't think I've ever met an ISTP either (well that I know of, of course) so that would be cool
@Sango

Let's do it.......*casually sends you an FR*

Also I like the Hikaru and Kaoru dolls in your sig.
@Sango

Let's do it.......*casually sends you an FR*

Also I like the Hikaru and Kaoru dolls in your sig.
ISFJ! Fits really well. :)
ISFJ! Fits really well. :)
deity_gladekeeper_by_dogi_crimson-dabusrb.gif
As an INFP, one thing that really bothers me is how everyone likes to simplify it to its title as "The Idealist," with the assumption that idealism = naivete and the whole rose-colored glasses thing which, while yeah, it's one aspect of the type, is not the sole defining feature. There's so many other crucially important parts of the personality type to choose from and analyze, like the whole "naturally drawn towards the path of good, but constantly looking over their shoulder towards the profane" bit (somewhat of a direct quote from the official, really in-depth description of the type, which is really hard to find on the internet not behind a paywall) or the "adaptable and flexible unless a core value is threatened."

Honestly, I think I just really hate the phrase "seeing the world through rose-colored glasses" because it makes it sound like we are completely ignorant of the bad in the world, when in reality I think it's more that we see the bad as well as the good, but aren't forever drawn down by this knowledge and can see and work towards a better future.

From my experience with my strongly ENFP friend (she's really difficult to deal with sometimes), I would say naive is a trait that falls more into that type.
As an INFP, one thing that really bothers me is how everyone likes to simplify it to its title as "The Idealist," with the assumption that idealism = naivete and the whole rose-colored glasses thing which, while yeah, it's one aspect of the type, is not the sole defining feature. There's so many other crucially important parts of the personality type to choose from and analyze, like the whole "naturally drawn towards the path of good, but constantly looking over their shoulder towards the profane" bit (somewhat of a direct quote from the official, really in-depth description of the type, which is really hard to find on the internet not behind a paywall) or the "adaptable and flexible unless a core value is threatened."

Honestly, I think I just really hate the phrase "seeing the world through rose-colored glasses" because it makes it sound like we are completely ignorant of the bad in the world, when in reality I think it's more that we see the bad as well as the good, but aren't forever drawn down by this knowledge and can see and work towards a better future.

From my experience with my strongly ENFP friend (she's really difficult to deal with sometimes), I would say naive is a trait that falls more into that type.
tumblr_o0esauQ9Hj1tfzajgo1_500.png
Between INTJ and ENTJ.
Between INTJ and ENTJ.
No traveling dragons please!
INTJ but I was actually a 50/50 split on extroverted vs. introverted.
INTJ but I was actually a 50/50 split on extroverted vs. introverted.
m1CZHJt.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9