Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Extended Userpage Options: Clan Shop
1 2
Wasn't the big issue with Neopets was that custom shops ended up becoming a popularity contest? The users who were well-known were bought from, the relatively unknowns were outta luck? It's been a while, so I may be wrong, but regardless.
Wasn't the big issue with Neopets was that custom shops ended up becoming a popularity contest? The users who were well-known were bought from, the relatively unknowns were outta luck? It's been a while, so I may be wrong, but regardless.
JXVUomh.png
[quote name="Carnifex" date="2014-12-19 11:46:19"]Wasn't the big issue with Neopets was that custom shops ended up becoming a popularity contest? The users who were well-known were bought from, the relatively unknowns were outta luck? It's been a while, so I may be wrong, but regardless.[/quote] Having never played it, I really have no idea. If that's the case, other than the timers and a hope for some common decency there's nothing to stop that from happening with the current setup, considering the username is still attached to the sold item. However, I can't see how popularity would affect most people's decision when it comes to buying a stack of ore. There's some people on here I [i]genuinely love[/i], but if I see another user selling for 5 treasure less per item, I'm still going to buy from them.
Carnifex wrote on 2014-12-19 11:46:19:

Having never played it, I really have no idea. If that's the case, other than the timers and a hope for some common decency there's nothing to stop that from happening with the current setup, considering the username is still attached to the sold item. However, I can't see how popularity would affect most people's decision when it comes to buying a stack of ore. There's some people on here I genuinely love, but if I see another user selling for 5 treasure less per item, I'm still going to buy from them.
Unicorns - They're magically delicious! Mind the horn.

You call them unicorn horns. I call them chew toys for teething hatchlings.
So, you are clinging to a tedious system, where instead of occasionally adjusting prices and collecting your pay from a unified sales page, you get a) bombarded with messages of "sold" and "not sold" and b) have to go through an overly complicated listing process on an almost daily basis, because something COULD happen?

I will agree, that having shops means, that the possibility of people just coming back to these shops through direct access is there, but that doesn't change the fact, that for a seller, the proposed changes would be much easier.

If that is indeed the problem people have, then a very simple solution to it would be to make shops only accessible through the auction house. If you still have to search for the ITEM you are looking for and do not have the option of directly accessing a shop, then that problem is off the table.

Again, I think what Brandrew was suggesting would not change much for buyers, if done right, except for the fact, that buyers ( and this is another big plus, in my eyes) could easily buy exactly the number of items they want.

If it's unclear what I mean: Instead of having pages upon pages of 1 ore, 2 ore, 5 ore, 10 ore, whatever, you just get a listing of 'ore' with the shopname attached and you can choose via a dropdown menue much like we have in the hoard now, how much you want to buy. If someone wants to do bulk listings for cheaper prices, then that could also be implemented.

The big change would be for sellers and THAT is definitely something the sales system here could use an improvement on.
So, you are clinging to a tedious system, where instead of occasionally adjusting prices and collecting your pay from a unified sales page, you get a) bombarded with messages of "sold" and "not sold" and b) have to go through an overly complicated listing process on an almost daily basis, because something COULD happen?

I will agree, that having shops means, that the possibility of people just coming back to these shops through direct access is there, but that doesn't change the fact, that for a seller, the proposed changes would be much easier.

If that is indeed the problem people have, then a very simple solution to it would be to make shops only accessible through the auction house. If you still have to search for the ITEM you are looking for and do not have the option of directly accessing a shop, then that problem is off the table.

Again, I think what Brandrew was suggesting would not change much for buyers, if done right, except for the fact, that buyers ( and this is another big plus, in my eyes) could easily buy exactly the number of items they want.

If it's unclear what I mean: Instead of having pages upon pages of 1 ore, 2 ore, 5 ore, 10 ore, whatever, you just get a listing of 'ore' with the shopname attached and you can choose via a dropdown menue much like we have in the hoard now, how much you want to buy. If someone wants to do bulk listings for cheaper prices, then that could also be implemented.

The big change would be for sellers and THAT is definitely something the sales system here could use an improvement on.
I agree with @gadgeteer

especially because the messages make me want to tear my hair out :^Y
I agree with @gadgeteer

especially because the messages make me want to tear my hair out :^Y
1 2