Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Closed
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13 14
[center]@puckbuddy @ChibiKittens @Alouette @Keet @Demesne [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/84356/8435519_350.png[/img][/center] 'You keep talking about this power...' He pauses to also look at the fae as well, wondering if this was a good idea after all. '...But for me, no sum of riches can replace strength. So is this tome of yours going to be read by all of us or what ?' The vividly colored coatl swooped his tail onto the table, hooking a small pile of food from the plate directly to the wood surface in front of him, making a a little bit of a mess. None the less, he doesn't make much of this and flicks whatever pieces he can one by one into his mouth. 'By the way, what do you mean by [i]'we'[/i] can find it ? Does that mean you're going with us or what ?' Dyad took this time to actually look at the other travelers that would be accompanying him, though as of right now, he's less than impressed. He tries to quickly scan everyone between his center pair of eyes and all of his extras, but this only makes his wings shake a bit from how rapid they're going, and he dizzies himself a little. 'Oh, never mind it.. I've got the free time, it's at least interesting if nothing else. However my questions still stand, and I hope your memory served you well enough to actually copy down the only measly scrap we have for directions.' With the last few bits of food he had curled in the tip of his tail, he flung a small berry towards the fae just to make sure they were at least responsive. And one at the pearlcatcher to his left while furrowing his brows, not yet completely willing to get into a verbal argument. 'Not even a step out the door and we've already lost someone' He smirks and chuckled under his breath, he was certain this was going to be more than he bargained for.

'You keep talking about this power...' He pauses to also look at the fae as well, wondering if this was a good idea after all. '...But for me, no sum of riches can replace strength. So is this tome of yours going to be read by all of us or what ?'
The vividly colored coatl swooped his tail onto the table, hooking a small pile of food from the plate directly to the wood surface in front of him, making a a little bit of a mess. None the less, he doesn't make much of this and flicks whatever pieces he can one by one into his mouth.
'By the way, what do you mean by 'we' can find it ? Does that mean you're going with us or what ?'
Dyad took this time to actually look at the other travelers that would be accompanying him, though as of right now, he's less than impressed. He tries to quickly scan everyone between his center pair of eyes and all of his extras, but this only makes his wings shake a bit from how rapid they're going, and he dizzies himself a little.
'Oh, never mind it.. I've got the free time, it's at least interesting if nothing else. However my questions still stand, and I hope your memory served you well enough to actually copy down the only measly scrap we have for directions.'
With the last few bits of food he had curled in the tip of his tail, he flung a small berry towards the fae just to make sure they were at least responsive. And one at the pearlcatcher to his left while furrowing his brows, not yet completely willing to get into a verbal argument.
'Not even a step out the door and we've already lost someone'
He smirks and chuckled under his breath, he was certain this was going to be more than he bargained for.
UngFDlB.png
The prospect of challenge made Lovelace's eyes glimmer from behind her goggles. "Don't listen to the worriers, Keen. I don't know about them, but I can handle it." Her tail lashed excitedly as the young dragon reached for a handful of the finger food. "Also, just, like, so you know: now that were friends, a little bit of your food is always mine okay?"

@Demesne @ChibiKittens @Mewtu @Alouette @keet
The prospect of challenge made Lovelace's eyes glimmer from behind her goggles. "Don't listen to the worriers, Keen. I don't know about them, but I can handle it." Her tail lashed excitedly as the young dragon reached for a handful of the finger food. "Also, just, like, so you know: now that were friends, a little bit of your food is always mine okay?"

@Demesne @ChibiKittens @Mewtu @Alouette @keet
@puckbuddy @demesne @ChibiKittens @Mewtu @Alouette [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=5264402] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/52645/5264402_350.png[/img] [/url] "Power eh?" Said Ranger, "I've seen stranger things unite dragons, and less dangerous motives." He walked over to the dazed fae, picked him up gently, and placed him on the table. "I'm in," he said looking at Keen, "though its not without worry. Dragons who unite under the cause of power are the most treacherous of all." He glanced at the pearlcatcher and coatl uneasily. ----------------------------------------------------------------------- [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=4384103] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/43842/4384103_350.png[/img] [/url] Gresh kept trying to blink away the stars. Upon being picked up by the wildclaw, he looked at him. "LetMeSaveYooooooooooooooou" he slurred while he plopped down on the table pathetically reaching for the wildclaw
@puckbuddy @demesne @ChibiKittens @Mewtu @Alouette

5264402_350.png

"Power eh?" Said Ranger, "I've seen stranger things unite dragons, and less dangerous motives." He walked over to the dazed fae, picked him up gently, and placed him on the table.

"I'm in," he said looking at Keen, "though its not without worry. Dragons who unite under the cause of power are the most treacherous of all." He glanced at the pearlcatcher and coatl uneasily.

4384103_350.png

Gresh kept trying to blink away the stars. Upon being picked up by the wildclaw, he looked at him.

"LetMeSaveYooooooooooooooou" he slurred while he plopped down on the table pathetically reaching for the wildclaw
sfVMa01.pngMa06BNU.pngBVUXJUX.png
@ChibiKittens @keet @Alouette @puckbuddy @Mewtu

Keen began searching through his papers, knowing he had something that would answer the Pearlcatcher's question. "I know my species tends to have a horrid memory, but I assure you, my memory is quite intact. Either way, another Tundra from my old clan helped me pick up the habit of keeping records." He pulled out a sheet that had many sentences crossed out, all mistranslations and wrong interpretations. "Right here, it says something along the lines of 'all who are present shall receive their due when the source is released'. The Tundra moved the paper over to the Pearlcatcher so that she could read it for herself.

"Most of these notes are just a sort of 'cryptic symbols to draconic' translation, but you're all free to look at them if you want. I have no reason to hide my findings; I know I cannot hope to find the source on my own, that would be a foolish undertaking. And I certainly wouldn't just send a bunch of dragons off into the unknown." He chuckled darkly at the Wildclaw's statement about uniting for power. "I'm well aware that this journey won't be without dangers from within our own group; but any dragon can betray you. Even those dearest to you."

Taking a clump of moss from the platter this time, he leaned back in his seat and looked out at the rest of the tavern. "I have no problem with sharing food, my twisty acquaintance." He said distractedly in response to the Spiral, caught up in his thoughts. Keen quickly brought himself back to the current situation, eating the moss in one go. "Would you all rather rest here at the inn for the night, or shall we head out once we've finished this little snack?"
@ChibiKittens @keet @Alouette @puckbuddy @Mewtu

Keen began searching through his papers, knowing he had something that would answer the Pearlcatcher's question. "I know my species tends to have a horrid memory, but I assure you, my memory is quite intact. Either way, another Tundra from my old clan helped me pick up the habit of keeping records." He pulled out a sheet that had many sentences crossed out, all mistranslations and wrong interpretations. "Right here, it says something along the lines of 'all who are present shall receive their due when the source is released'. The Tundra moved the paper over to the Pearlcatcher so that she could read it for herself.

"Most of these notes are just a sort of 'cryptic symbols to draconic' translation, but you're all free to look at them if you want. I have no reason to hide my findings; I know I cannot hope to find the source on my own, that would be a foolish undertaking. And I certainly wouldn't just send a bunch of dragons off into the unknown." He chuckled darkly at the Wildclaw's statement about uniting for power. "I'm well aware that this journey won't be without dangers from within our own group; but any dragon can betray you. Even those dearest to you."

Taking a clump of moss from the platter this time, he leaned back in his seat and looked out at the rest of the tavern. "I have no problem with sharing food, my twisty acquaintance." He said distractedly in response to the Spiral, caught up in his thoughts. Keen quickly brought himself back to the current situation, eating the moss in one go. "Would you all rather rest here at the inn for the night, or shall we head out once we've finished this little snack?"
Demesne, s before n || Avatar || Dragon Sales || CrimQuest || Coli Grinder

A cropped image of the Hall of Armor Scene. There is a long hall lined with sets of armor modeled after Coatl dragons on the left and Guardian dragons on the right. Sunlight streams in from windows on the left side.
((woah guys wait up!))

Coal watched as one by one, their small gathering turned into a full blown crowd. He blinked his four eyes a little stupidly, before realizing they were also called in by the Tundra.
When the snacks came out, he took a slice of meat and nibbled on it as Keen told them why they were here.
"I'm fine with going now-"
My clan would greatly benefit with these rewards.
- though resting doesn't sounds bad either."

@keet @Alouette @puckbuddy @Mewtu @demesne
((woah guys wait up!))

Coal watched as one by one, their small gathering turned into a full blown crowd. He blinked his four eyes a little stupidly, before realizing they were also called in by the Tundra.
When the snacks came out, he took a slice of meat and nibbled on it as Keen told them why they were here.
"I'm fine with going now-"
My clan would greatly benefit with these rewards.
- though resting doesn't sounds bad either."

@keet @Alouette @puckbuddy @Mewtu @demesne
ChibiKittens, the original chibi derp cat
TXKcK16.png
[center]@keet @ChibiKittens @puckbuddy @Mewtu @demesne[/center] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=8356047] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/83561/8356047_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] Sky's horn lit with a blue aura as she stopped Dyad's berry mid-air and sent it flying back into his eye, a smirk playing on her mouth as she heard a satisfying yelp as the berry hit... someone at least. Sky stretched her back slightly, rustling her wings. [b]"I'm in. And I'm inclined to leave now."[/b] Sky glanced through the windows. "[b]The woods are dark, but we have a good piece of daylight left to travel. Why don't we get this show on the road?"[/b] Sky glanced in the direction of the crowd nervously, that Spiral was bound to notice a stolen purse sooner or later... and she didn't want to stick around to see it. ---- [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=732405] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/7325/732405_350.png[/img] [/url] [/center] The air outside thrummed with the sound of wingbeats and the ground was scored with claw marks as a Wildclaw landed outside the tavern. The Wildclaw was large, with a massive wingspan for his species. His wings were tattered and torn around the edges, and his pelt was littered with deep, dark scars. Most noticeable of all were his bright, blood red eyes. With a soft hiss he surveyed the tavern, clacking his teeth disapprovingly. Too much riff raff. He snorted, straightening himself and pushing through the door, immediately spotting Keen. He narrowed his eyes upon seeing another Wildclaw, and immediately his feathers flared and his teeth were bared in a show of dominance. He stepped up to the table, standing beside Keen. [b]"I'm sorry for the lateness,"[/b] he growled softly. [b]"You and I have spoken of the quest, and hopefully not much else was covered?"[/b] He tapped his large hindclaw, sizing up those gathered around Keen with a judgmental look.

Sky's horn lit with a blue aura as she stopped Dyad's berry mid-air and sent it flying back into his eye, a smirk playing on her mouth as she heard a satisfying yelp as the berry hit... someone at least. Sky stretched her back slightly, rustling her wings. "I'm in. And I'm inclined to leave now." Sky glanced through the windows. "The woods are dark, but we have a good piece of daylight left to travel. Why don't we get this show on the road?" Sky glanced in the direction of the crowd nervously, that Spiral was bound to notice a stolen purse sooner or later... and she didn't want to stick around to see it.

----

The air outside thrummed with the sound of wingbeats and the ground was scored with claw marks as a Wildclaw landed outside the tavern. The Wildclaw was large, with a massive wingspan for his species. His wings were tattered and torn around the edges, and his pelt was littered with deep, dark scars. Most noticeable of all were his bright, blood red eyes.

With a soft hiss he surveyed the tavern, clacking his teeth disapprovingly. Too much riff raff. He snorted, straightening himself and pushing through the door, immediately spotting Keen. He narrowed his eyes upon seeing another Wildclaw, and immediately his feathers flared and his teeth were bared in a show of dominance. He stepped up to the table, standing beside Keen. "I'm sorry for the lateness," he growled softly. "You and I have spoken of the quest, and hopefully not much else was covered?" He tapped his large hindclaw, sizing up those gathered around Keen with a judgmental look.
Lovelace's wide eyes watched the berry fly through the air to its target, and snickered softly and it hit. Baring her teeth in a wide grin, she turned to the tundra and said "Yeah, I agree with Pearly over there. Let's get going!" The young spiral dug into the tray of food before her, hoping that finishing the plate might encourage everyone to leave sooner.

@keet @ChibiKittens @Alouette @Mewtu @demesne
Lovelace's wide eyes watched the berry fly through the air to its target, and snickered softly and it hit. Baring her teeth in a wide grin, she turned to the tundra and said "Yeah, I agree with Pearly over there. Let's get going!" The young spiral dug into the tray of food before her, hoping that finishing the plate might encourage everyone to leave sooner.

@keet @ChibiKittens @Alouette @Mewtu @demesne
@puckbuddy @demesne @ChibiKittens @Mewtu @Alouette [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=5264402] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/52645/5264402_350.png[/img] [/url] "Right then, let's go!" Ranger agreed. Leaving the dazed fae on the table. He managed to snag one last meaty finger food. As he chewed he looked at the aproaxhing by wildclaw who Ranger found glaring at him. He would be great! Rang a voice in his head. He silently agreed. If this wildclaw went with them, he'd have to make sure that they got to him too. Ranger smiled to irritate his fellow wildclaw, "Nice to meet you," he said dipping his head. ----------------------------------------------------------------------- [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=4384103] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/43842/4384103_350.png[/img] [/url] When Gresh came to his senses he saw the other wildclaw arrive "WATCH OUT!!!!!!!" He tried flying elsewhere to warn them but flew into a closed window instead. He shook himself. Who was he saving again? He looked around and saw a group of dragons at a c table. Clan. Warn. Follow. He fluttered to them and landed on the pearlcatcher by accident. He shook his head trying to clear his thoughts.
@puckbuddy @demesne @ChibiKittens @Mewtu @Alouette

5264402_350.png

"Right then, let's go!" Ranger agreed. Leaving the dazed fae on the table. He managed to snag one last meaty finger food.

As he chewed he looked at the aproaxhing by wildclaw who Ranger found glaring at him.

He would be great! Rang a voice in his head. He silently agreed. If this wildclaw went with them, he'd have to make sure that they got to him too.

Ranger smiled to irritate his fellow wildclaw, "Nice to meet you," he said dipping his head.

4384103_350.png

When Gresh came to his senses he saw the other wildclaw arrive "WATCH OUT!!!!!!!" He tried flying elsewhere to warn them but flew into a closed window instead. He shook himself. Who was he saving again?

He looked around and saw a group of dragons at a c table.
Clan.
Warn.
Follow.
He fluttered to them and landed on the pearlcatcher by accident. He shook his head trying to clear his thoughts.
sfVMa01.pngMa06BNU.pngBVUXJUX.png
[center]@puckbuddy @demesne @ChibiKittens @Keet @Alouette [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/84356/8435519_350.png[/img][/center] Dyad let out a horrendous piercing screech as his eyes began to gleam, glittering violently in the rays of light they were creating, but slowly let his screeching fade into laughter. With ease, the young coatl caused a massive panic in the tavern for a few moments before proceeding to get out of his chair and float his way over to the pearlcatcher, giving her a small nudge via his elbow and and scoffed. "At least you stand your ground, but if you think that your pick pocketing will slip by me; you've best think again." The eyes on his body all blinked to give the effect similar to that of a wave, then all looked in the direction of the spiral disoriented by Dyad's less than pleasant performance. "Anyway, while how much light outside is not of my concern, chances are I wouldnt be allowed to stay here much longer anyhow." Following the footsteps of the rest of the party, he went outside the tavern to be greeted by the imposing stranger. Dyad only nodded his head in acknowledgement towards the new wildclaw, waiting for the tundra's direction.

Dyad let out a horrendous piercing screech as his eyes began to gleam, glittering violently in the rays of light they were creating, but slowly let his screeching fade into laughter. With ease, the young coatl caused a massive panic in the tavern for a few moments before proceeding to get out of his chair and float his way over to the pearlcatcher, giving her a small nudge via his elbow and and scoffed.
"At least you stand your ground, but if you think that your pick pocketing will slip by me; you've best think again."
The eyes on his body all blinked to give the effect similar to that of a wave, then all looked in the direction of the spiral disoriented by Dyad's less than pleasant performance.
"Anyway, while how much light outside is not of my concern, chances are I wouldnt be allowed to stay here much longer anyhow."
Following the footsteps of the rest of the party, he went outside the tavern to be greeted by the imposing stranger. Dyad only nodded his head in acknowledgement towards the new wildclaw, waiting for the tundra's direction.
UngFDlB.png
Coal glanced around the room as a yelp was quickly drowned out by the music played by other dragons in the building, then turned back to his own little circle if strangers. His head fins flicked, and he nodded his agreement to the light blue Pearlcatcher as she mentioned leaving. As the Spiral, Lovelace, dug into the snacks, he finally grinned and looked a bit more happy, right before a dragon shouted.

"WATCH OUT!!!!!!!"

Turning towards the scene, he cringed when he saw the battle scarred Wildclaw, and he tried to hold his gaze as the Wildclaw swept his eyes over them all. A screech split through the sound of the inn, and he picked up his pace as he followed the others outside, the laughter that followed not in any way reassuring him. His long, patterned black hide ripples with lean muscles that wanted to flee from the danger, though his mind quickly cooled and he calmed down. He looked back at the Tundra, while keeping a weary gaze on some of the stranger...strangers.

@mewtu @demense @keet @alouette
Coal glanced around the room as a yelp was quickly drowned out by the music played by other dragons in the building, then turned back to his own little circle if strangers. His head fins flicked, and he nodded his agreement to the light blue Pearlcatcher as she mentioned leaving. As the Spiral, Lovelace, dug into the snacks, he finally grinned and looked a bit more happy, right before a dragon shouted.

"WATCH OUT!!!!!!!"

Turning towards the scene, he cringed when he saw the battle scarred Wildclaw, and he tried to hold his gaze as the Wildclaw swept his eyes over them all. A screech split through the sound of the inn, and he picked up his pace as he followed the others outside, the laughter that followed not in any way reassuring him. His long, patterned black hide ripples with lean muscles that wanted to flee from the danger, though his mind quickly cooled and he calmed down. He looked back at the Tundra, while keeping a weary gaze on some of the stranger...strangers.

@mewtu @demense @keet @alouette
ChibiKittens, the original chibi derp cat
TXKcK16.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13 14