Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | A Hatchling's Search. [Invite only]
It had been many many years since the old guardian had found his calling working the forge located deep within his lair. Since that time many young guardians had found their way into his apprenticeship before going on to find their own charges. So it had always been and so it would always be, and today was no different.

The old dragon stared down at the identical young guardians who stared back with the bright eyes of the arcane flight. "Procrius I understand you wish to join your sister on her search but do you not think it would be wise to stay here and attend do your own charge now that you have found it?"

The young male glanced to his twin before twitching his tail and replying in almost a wail "well...Yes? But she needs me! who will guard her and keep her safe? Make sure she doesn't get so lost in her thinking?"

Melete gave her brother an annoyed look "I can protect myself! Besides, it's just up to the sunbeam ruins, I am sure I will be perfectly fine getting there on my own."

Kalo shook his head at that "No, he is right," Procrius got a hopeful look at that but his face immediately fell as Kalo went on. "Rowdy and Mouse will accompany you, Both are skilled and have Kin in the areas you will be passing through."

The young female gave her brother a triumphant look before nodding to Kalo "Thank you Forgemaster, I will find them and get ready to leave soon.

He simply nodded at that before turning to Procrius and giving him a stern glower "Get back to the bellows boy, there's work to be done. The lady doesn't tolerate shirking in her forges!"

---

It hadn't taken her long to find Rowdy, the young fae was busily chirping away happily with the rest of the colony as they set about expanding their territory in the cave by way of making more nests anchored to the wall with specially constructed pitons. Once she had finally convinced him she needed his help the two set off to find Mouse. They heard the pearlcatcher long before they saw him extolling the virtues of the great flamecaller and his adopted flight.

Rounding the final bend the dark dragon finally came into view and his audience as well, his two young hatchlings were lounging against their mother's side looking rather bored of this display and as if they had heard it all before...many times. Catching sight of Melete they quickly scrambled to their feet leaving Mouse hanging mid sentence as they dashed over babbling at the same time in an attempt to get her to play with them.

Shaking her head, and subsequently gaining a round of scolding from Rowdy for almost unseating him, she gave them an apologetic look. "Sorry, Just here to talk to your papa. The Forgemaster said he was to accompany me on my quest to the ruins."

The pair drooped their fins in disappointment before making their way back to Aegwynn's side. Mouse paused long enough to nose the two and give them an admonishment to mind their studies so they would do their lair proud at the lady's side before making his way over. "The ruins you say? I have kin there, well all of my kind do. The light is absolutely perfect for showing off one's work, not that any of our work would ever be anything less then perfect but you understand lightning just makes it look that much better."

The young guardian nodded "Yes, I have a feeling my charge is somewhere up there and I need to go find it. My brother wanted to come as well but he was told no and I was sent to you."

Mouse nodded thoughtfully to that "Yes Yes...of course, Obviously I was the perfect ch-"

Whatever Mouse had been planning on saying was rudely interrupted when one of his boys crashed into his legs and gave him a pleading chirp "Papa papa! Can I go? Pleeeeeease? It's up there I know it is!"

Carefully extracting himself from his offspring the pearlcatcher cocked his head "What's up there Duscias?"

The chirp this time was even more plaintive as the young guardian flared his fins "My charge! I know it is, please papa? I'll be real good and listen to everything you say on the way up I promise!"

Glancing over to his mate Mouse simply was afforded with an amused expression. Sensing he would get no help from that front he turned to trying to coax his son into what he thought was sense...even though the promise of a rapt audience WAS tempting. "Now now, wouldn't it be good for you to wait? Why who would your brother play with then and what would your mother think?"

Unfortunately the hatchling had answers ready. "Procrius is here! So's Warpstorm and Hawkstone! Momma would also think that I was growing up and becoming a full dragon for finding my charge! She'd be proud, right momma?" The young guardian glanced under his wing back to his mother who smiled and nodded at him.

Mouse simply stared at them all for a long moment then let out a defeated sigh before turning to Melete. "I suppose I should be asking when do we leave?"

She grinned brightly at him. "Now if you are ready! A Package already came from one of our allied clans and the Forgemaster sent word ahead to expect us in the next few days."

Mouse stared at her then grumbled about old dragons and presumption before prodding his son. "Alright boy, say your goodbyes and lets get this going."
It had been many many years since the old guardian had found his calling working the forge located deep within his lair. Since that time many young guardians had found their way into his apprenticeship before going on to find their own charges. So it had always been and so it would always be, and today was no different.

The old dragon stared down at the identical young guardians who stared back with the bright eyes of the arcane flight. "Procrius I understand you wish to join your sister on her search but do you not think it would be wise to stay here and attend do your own charge now that you have found it?"

The young male glanced to his twin before twitching his tail and replying in almost a wail "well...Yes? But she needs me! who will guard her and keep her safe? Make sure she doesn't get so lost in her thinking?"

Melete gave her brother an annoyed look "I can protect myself! Besides, it's just up to the sunbeam ruins, I am sure I will be perfectly fine getting there on my own."

Kalo shook his head at that "No, he is right," Procrius got a hopeful look at that but his face immediately fell as Kalo went on. "Rowdy and Mouse will accompany you, Both are skilled and have Kin in the areas you will be passing through."

The young female gave her brother a triumphant look before nodding to Kalo "Thank you Forgemaster, I will find them and get ready to leave soon.

He simply nodded at that before turning to Procrius and giving him a stern glower "Get back to the bellows boy, there's work to be done. The lady doesn't tolerate shirking in her forges!"

---

It hadn't taken her long to find Rowdy, the young fae was busily chirping away happily with the rest of the colony as they set about expanding their territory in the cave by way of making more nests anchored to the wall with specially constructed pitons. Once she had finally convinced him she needed his help the two set off to find Mouse. They heard the pearlcatcher long before they saw him extolling the virtues of the great flamecaller and his adopted flight.

Rounding the final bend the dark dragon finally came into view and his audience as well, his two young hatchlings were lounging against their mother's side looking rather bored of this display and as if they had heard it all before...many times. Catching sight of Melete they quickly scrambled to their feet leaving Mouse hanging mid sentence as they dashed over babbling at the same time in an attempt to get her to play with them.

Shaking her head, and subsequently gaining a round of scolding from Rowdy for almost unseating him, she gave them an apologetic look. "Sorry, Just here to talk to your papa. The Forgemaster said he was to accompany me on my quest to the ruins."

The pair drooped their fins in disappointment before making their way back to Aegwynn's side. Mouse paused long enough to nose the two and give them an admonishment to mind their studies so they would do their lair proud at the lady's side before making his way over. "The ruins you say? I have kin there, well all of my kind do. The light is absolutely perfect for showing off one's work, not that any of our work would ever be anything less then perfect but you understand lightning just makes it look that much better."

The young guardian nodded "Yes, I have a feeling my charge is somewhere up there and I need to go find it. My brother wanted to come as well but he was told no and I was sent to you."

Mouse nodded thoughtfully to that "Yes Yes...of course, Obviously I was the perfect ch-"

Whatever Mouse had been planning on saying was rudely interrupted when one of his boys crashed into his legs and gave him a pleading chirp "Papa papa! Can I go? Pleeeeeease? It's up there I know it is!"

Carefully extracting himself from his offspring the pearlcatcher cocked his head "What's up there Duscias?"

The chirp this time was even more plaintive as the young guardian flared his fins "My charge! I know it is, please papa? I'll be real good and listen to everything you say on the way up I promise!"

Glancing over to his mate Mouse simply was afforded with an amused expression. Sensing he would get no help from that front he turned to trying to coax his son into what he thought was sense...even though the promise of a rapt audience WAS tempting. "Now now, wouldn't it be good for you to wait? Why who would your brother play with then and what would your mother think?"

Unfortunately the hatchling had answers ready. "Procrius is here! So's Warpstorm and Hawkstone! Momma would also think that I was growing up and becoming a full dragon for finding my charge! She'd be proud, right momma?" The young guardian glanced under his wing back to his mother who smiled and nodded at him.

Mouse simply stared at them all for a long moment then let out a defeated sigh before turning to Melete. "I suppose I should be asking when do we leave?"

She grinned brightly at him. "Now if you are ready! A Package already came from one of our allied clans and the Forgemaster sent word ahead to expect us in the next few days."

Mouse stared at her then grumbled about old dragons and presumption before prodding his son. "Alright boy, say your goodbyes and lets get this going."
veye80.jpgMini_zpsgcyumcge.png
I LOOOOOVE IT!! Write more! DOOOOOOO IIIIIIIIIIIIITTT! *bounces*
I LOOOOOVE IT!! Write more! DOOOOOOO IIIIIIIIIIIIITTT! *bounces*
zZ9SzXj.png

Three dragons lounged near the decrepit remains of a ruined wall. Two were guardians. The third, a fae.

Evening descended upon the Sunbeam Ruins. Darkness seemed to come early at the edge of the Hewn City, the haunted wreck of some lost civilization at the southern edge of the Light dragonflight's territory. The three dragons overlooked the cliffs that led to the arid scrubland of the Shifting Expanse and swept down to the beaches and shoals of the Thousand Currents.

They were to meet a group come north from the Emberglow, and more specifically, to assist in deterring any of the Water flight from harassing the travelers if necessity struck.

A scarred male of browns and blacks, beads adorning his beard and legs, rested with his jaw propped up on a heavy stone block. His eyes glowed a pale green, pinpoints of bright that made him stand out from the shadows of the wall he rested by. One bright java sparrow perched upon the folded elbow of one of his wings, chittering nervously to itself.

On the block the brown dragon's head rested upon, the female fae with dark wings and darker eyes sat. She leaned, propped against the side of his muzzle, and huffed indignantly. "I don't get it, Kro."

"Don't get what?" The guardian's low bass rumble questioned back, lazy and low.

The tips of her wings flipped back and forth. "This clan."

He canted his head aside, one green eye fixing on the little fae. "Ours, or those we deal with tonight?"

"Kalo and 'is forge are straightforward folks. Meant ours. What're they trying to pull, a wannabe Light clan more full of shadow'n'fire than light?" The fae sat up on her haunches instead of resting on all fours, propping one foreclaw on top of the brown dragon's head.

The other guardian of brilliant and bright pale golds, adorned with glowing baubles and jingling sashes, shook her head. The motion brought a jingle from her decorations, and she laughed - a hooting, oddly growling sound. Though this particular dragon looked every part a paragon of the Sunbeam Ruins, from her coloration to the symbol that marked her as a follower of the Lightweaver, her eyes glowed fiery oranges and reds. They lit the lenses of her eyewear from within, almost eerie in the evening shadow. "Simple, Chena."

"Ain't simple, Ardea, or I'd get it." Chena, the fae, huffed indignantly again.

Unkroue, or Kro as he had been called, hummed one low and even note. His voice again came lazy and slow, a bass rumble. "They're idealistic. Trying to live out the idea of what they asked their kin to do. Connections among clans, gathering friends among flights."

Another laugh hooted from Ardea. "No, it's not idealism. It's opportunity. Zeiith spouts pretty words about love and kindness, but it masks a willingness to exploit and undermine others to our own benefit or to the advancement of truth and Light."

"So," Chena chirupped. "We're taking advantage of ol' drake Kalo's kind and givin' nature?"

"Little bit," the golden guardian gave her companions a sidelong grin. "But we're fair, he'll get plenty back for playing along over time."

The darker wind dragon gave a soft cough and lifted his head from the stone block it rested upon. "Ladies, gossip time is over. I believe those may be the good forgemaster's wards coming into sight."
zZ9SzXj.png

Three dragons lounged near the decrepit remains of a ruined wall. Two were guardians. The third, a fae.

Evening descended upon the Sunbeam Ruins. Darkness seemed to come early at the edge of the Hewn City, the haunted wreck of some lost civilization at the southern edge of the Light dragonflight's territory. The three dragons overlooked the cliffs that led to the arid scrubland of the Shifting Expanse and swept down to the beaches and shoals of the Thousand Currents.

They were to meet a group come north from the Emberglow, and more specifically, to assist in deterring any of the Water flight from harassing the travelers if necessity struck.

A scarred male of browns and blacks, beads adorning his beard and legs, rested with his jaw propped up on a heavy stone block. His eyes glowed a pale green, pinpoints of bright that made him stand out from the shadows of the wall he rested by. One bright java sparrow perched upon the folded elbow of one of his wings, chittering nervously to itself.

On the block the brown dragon's head rested upon, the female fae with dark wings and darker eyes sat. She leaned, propped against the side of his muzzle, and huffed indignantly. "I don't get it, Kro."

"Don't get what?" The guardian's low bass rumble questioned back, lazy and low.

The tips of her wings flipped back and forth. "This clan."

He canted his head aside, one green eye fixing on the little fae. "Ours, or those we deal with tonight?"

"Kalo and 'is forge are straightforward folks. Meant ours. What're they trying to pull, a wannabe Light clan more full of shadow'n'fire than light?" The fae sat up on her haunches instead of resting on all fours, propping one foreclaw on top of the brown dragon's head.

The other guardian of brilliant and bright pale golds, adorned with glowing baubles and jingling sashes, shook her head. The motion brought a jingle from her decorations, and she laughed - a hooting, oddly growling sound. Though this particular dragon looked every part a paragon of the Sunbeam Ruins, from her coloration to the symbol that marked her as a follower of the Lightweaver, her eyes glowed fiery oranges and reds. They lit the lenses of her eyewear from within, almost eerie in the evening shadow. "Simple, Chena."

"Ain't simple, Ardea, or I'd get it." Chena, the fae, huffed indignantly again.

Unkroue, or Kro as he had been called, hummed one low and even note. His voice again came lazy and slow, a bass rumble. "They're idealistic. Trying to live out the idea of what they asked their kin to do. Connections among clans, gathering friends among flights."

Another laugh hooted from Ardea. "No, it's not idealism. It's opportunity. Zeiith spouts pretty words about love and kindness, but it masks a willingness to exploit and undermine others to our own benefit or to the advancement of truth and Light."

"So," Chena chirupped. "We're taking advantage of ol' drake Kalo's kind and givin' nature?"

"Little bit," the golden guardian gave her companions a sidelong grin. "But we're fair, he'll get plenty back for playing along over time."

The darker wind dragon gave a soft cough and lifted his head from the stone block it rested upon. "Ladies, gossip time is over. I believe those may be the good forgemaster's wards coming into sight."