Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Reset account button
1 2
A button to make your account factory fresh - deletes your old account and allows you to select a new username and starter dragon.

It seems a lot of people feel like they might have to abandon their old account and risk getting banned for having two accounts because they want to start over. A reset button would help players feel safer in their decision to restart.

All gold, dragons, forum posts, items, username, etc would be deleted permanently upon reset.

The only issue with this I see is gems. One might say that if you purchased gems, your purchase should follow you to your new account. But technically if your purchased gems were returned to your new account you could create unlimited gems by sending them to a friend then resetting the account. For that reason I feel like a reset button would have to strictly state that all items, currencies (gems included), dragons, etc will be permanently deleted and cannot be returned for any reason.

Useful for people who picked the wrong flight or just want to start over fresh and new.
A button to make your account factory fresh - deletes your old account and allows you to select a new username and starter dragon.

It seems a lot of people feel like they might have to abandon their old account and risk getting banned for having two accounts because they want to start over. A reset button would help players feel safer in their decision to restart.

All gold, dragons, forum posts, items, username, etc would be deleted permanently upon reset.

The only issue with this I see is gems. One might say that if you purchased gems, your purchase should follow you to your new account. But technically if your purchased gems were returned to your new account you could create unlimited gems by sending them to a friend then resetting the account. For that reason I feel like a reset button would have to strictly state that all items, currencies (gems included), dragons, etc will be permanently deleted and cannot be returned for any reason.

Useful for people who picked the wrong flight or just want to start over fresh and new.
I think your worries about how to handle gems are kind of unfounded; if you sent your gems to a friend before resetting your account, then (in the eyes of the system) the gems would no longer be yours and wouldn't follow you to the new account. You could then go back and retrieve the gems from your friend, but you would have no more than what you started with.
I think your worries about how to handle gems are kind of unfounded; if you sent your gems to a friend before resetting your account, then (in the eyes of the system) the gems would no longer be yours and wouldn't follow you to the new account. You could then go back and retrieve the gems from your friend, but you would have no more than what you started with.
That's not what I meant - I meant in terms of purchases being credited to your account. For example let's say you bought a wildclaw scroll and applied to your prog, obviously that could not be moved to a friend's account and you would end up losing the value of your purchase if you reset your account. It's just something to keep in mind since some sites will transfer the full value of your purchases over to a new account by destroying the first.
That's not what I meant - I meant in terms of purchases being credited to your account. For example let's say you bought a wildclaw scroll and applied to your prog, obviously that could not be moved to a friend's account and you would end up losing the value of your purchase if you reset your account. It's just something to keep in mind since some sites will transfer the full value of your purchases over to a new account by destroying the first.
Ah. So instead of transferring what gems they currently have on hand, you meant transferring the sum total of all the gems they'd ever purchased, including any they'd spent on dragons or items? Yeah, I can see how that would be pretty exploitable.

I think treating all purchases and trades made with gems as entirely non-refundable and ineligible to be transferred to a reset account is perfectly reasonable, but you're right, it would have to be made really clear.
Ah. So instead of transferring what gems they currently have on hand, you meant transferring the sum total of all the gems they'd ever purchased, including any they'd spent on dragons or items? Yeah, I can see how that would be pretty exploitable.

I think treating all purchases and trades made with gems as entirely non-refundable and ineligible to be transferred to a reset account is perfectly reasonable, but you're right, it would have to be made really clear.
Stick it out. We all make mistakes and do things we regret.

This also encourages people who don't like their random mate to just keep resetting their account until they get one they like.
Or experiment with stats without consequence as long as you wait to buy more dragons and items. I also see it being a completely nightmare to track. You always start with a certain amount of money, someone could chain-reset and send it to another account. You start with the boon of fertility. Would it reset your winnings boost for games because every account reset would be a new day?

No. Just no.
I've never not supported something more strongly. It's a terrible idea and a waste of time for the devs to sort it all out. The implications of what it can cause are a migraine waiting to happen for the mods as well.

However, this site does have you make a couple of important decisions very early on, like your flight, and I personally feel there is not enough information provided at the time. I've posted on another thread I support allowing people to change flight once.

Also, most sites that track users via an ID number, this being one of them, allow people to change their username. So I would support an item that allows us to change our names like we can change the names of our dragons.

Honestly, besides that, there are no other mistakes you can't conceivably recover from in time.
Stick it out. We all make mistakes and do things we regret.

This also encourages people who don't like their random mate to just keep resetting their account until they get one they like.
Or experiment with stats without consequence as long as you wait to buy more dragons and items. I also see it being a completely nightmare to track. You always start with a certain amount of money, someone could chain-reset and send it to another account. You start with the boon of fertility. Would it reset your winnings boost for games because every account reset would be a new day?

No. Just no.
I've never not supported something more strongly. It's a terrible idea and a waste of time for the devs to sort it all out. The implications of what it can cause are a migraine waiting to happen for the mods as well.

However, this site does have you make a couple of important decisions very early on, like your flight, and I personally feel there is not enough information provided at the time. I've posted on another thread I support allowing people to change flight once.

Also, most sites that track users via an ID number, this being one of them, allow people to change their username. So I would support an item that allows us to change our names like we can change the names of our dragons.

Honestly, besides that, there are no other mistakes you can't conceivably recover from in time.
I agree with Ankokou. I don't believe we need a 'reset' button at all. Or anything that will enable the user to delete their own account. Most pet sites have the mods for that reason. When the account has been abandoned for too long, the mods usually delete it. If you chose the wrong Flight, or don't like the one you have, then you either have to suck it up or wait for an item to come out that enables you to change your Flight.

As mentioned by Ankokou, people unsatisfied with their Starter or Random or really ANYTHING on their account would spam this until they got everything just as they wanted it. I know that everyone was in a rush to create their accounts that first night, but you had plenty of time to look over the Flights and decide which one you wanted to be in. You also had plenty of time to decide a username and design your first dragon.

The phrase 'haste makes waste' is coming through quite clearly on this site, and honestly it surprises me that with such a beautifully designed place, so many people are unhappy with what they're getting.

I agree with Ankokou. I don't believe we need a 'reset' button at all. Or anything that will enable the user to delete their own account. Most pet sites have the mods for that reason. When the account has been abandoned for too long, the mods usually delete it. If you chose the wrong Flight, or don't like the one you have, then you either have to suck it up or wait for an item to come out that enables you to change your Flight.

As mentioned by Ankokou, people unsatisfied with their Starter or Random or really ANYTHING on their account would spam this until they got everything just as they wanted it. I know that everyone was in a rush to create their accounts that first night, but you had plenty of time to look over the Flights and decide which one you wanted to be in. You also had plenty of time to decide a username and design your first dragon.

The phrase 'haste makes waste' is coming through quite clearly on this site, and honestly it surprises me that with such a beautifully designed place, so many people are unhappy with what they're getting.

NST2016B1_zpsx6df7wrb.png
You make it seem like people always know what they get when they choose flight. I didn't understand that eyecolors had to do with my element, so I used up my free flight-change.
I feel like you should be able to reset, especially if you're a noob like me and know what you're choosing. Now I gotta wait half a year to choose a new flight, and I feel it's too long?
Maybe I really want to be lightning? Or, if there would be a chance to change your dragon and element within a certain amount of time?

It's just a noob's opinion, but I kinda just wanted to put it down in words how I feel about it.
You make it seem like people always know what they get when they choose flight. I didn't understand that eyecolors had to do with my element, so I used up my free flight-change.
I feel like you should be able to reset, especially if you're a noob like me and know what you're choosing. Now I gotta wait half a year to choose a new flight, and I feel it's too long?
Maybe I really want to be lightning? Or, if there would be a chance to change your dragon and element within a certain amount of time?

It's just a noob's opinion, but I kinda just wanted to put it down in words how I feel about it.
Perhaps a reset with a cooldown, same as flight change? And no deleting posts- that would mess up a lot of threads.

But support for the basic idea.
Perhaps a reset with a cooldown, same as flight change? And no deleting posts- that would mess up a lot of threads.

But support for the basic idea.
no support, we can make gen 1s from eggs.

You can change flights for free once (your nests need to be empty)
no support, we can make gen 1s from eggs.

You can change flights for free once (your nests need to be empty)
no support.

Just sell/exalt all your dragons and items and use the money to buy a gene 1 with the colors you want. You have name changes and flight changes already. Selling a handful of fully stoned top level imperials or other rare breeds for coli will make you the gems you need for a flight change. I made 200 gems off of one level 14 xxx imperial male. no stones at all on him. Bought as a hatchling, and worked him up.
no support.

Just sell/exalt all your dragons and items and use the money to buy a gene 1 with the colors you want. You have name changes and flight changes already. Selling a handful of fully stoned top level imperials or other rare breeds for coli will make you the gems you need for a flight change. I made 200 gems off of one level 14 xxx imperial male. no stones at all on him. Bought as a hatchling, and worked him up.
1 2