Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Jurassic World
1 2 3 4 5
My first thought watching the trailer was why , if they were making a dinosaur , would they create one that's huge , vicious and incredibly smart? In reality they'd be making tiny harmless ones to sell as pets, like a new scaly chihuahua.

Nevertheless, I am excited for this movie just because dinosaurs. They have been my favourite thing since I could understand things. I don't care whether this movie is good or not, I will love it for the dinosaurs and the screechy-squealy raptor noises. Heck, I'd go see a dinosaur movie if it got 1-star and the dinosaurs were cardboard cut-outs.

Also, I'm curious as to what the genetically-modified dino will look like. I've got it into my head it'll look somewhat like a Spinosaurus with wicked spikes but who knows?
My first thought watching the trailer was why , if they were making a dinosaur , would they create one that's huge , vicious and incredibly smart? In reality they'd be making tiny harmless ones to sell as pets, like a new scaly chihuahua.

Nevertheless, I am excited for this movie just because dinosaurs. They have been my favourite thing since I could understand things. I don't care whether this movie is good or not, I will love it for the dinosaurs and the screechy-squealy raptor noises. Heck, I'd go see a dinosaur movie if it got 1-star and the dinosaurs were cardboard cut-outs.

Also, I'm curious as to what the genetically-modified dino will look like. I've got it into my head it'll look somewhat like a Spinosaurus with wicked spikes but who knows?
Heart.gif
@Boleyn Found this on tumblr: [img]http://41.media.tumblr.com/66182005409ce190a321995308f4c060/tumblr_nflzc5RdMI1tka6elo1_500.jpg[/img][i][/i] 100% more Jeff Goldblum yes.
@Boleyn

Found this on tumblr:
tumblr_nflzc5RdMI1tka6elo1_500.jpg

100% more Jeff Goldblum yes.
m5kNycY.pngFMdbyfP.pnge3svukl.pngLSkUnqX.png
@Takora - If Jeff Goldlum doesn't appear at all or there are no nods made to him I will be greatly disappointed.
@Takora - If Jeff Goldlum doesn't appear at all or there are no nods made to him I will be greatly disappointed.
0BrAWFT.png8sbZLoS.png
@mewhaku
IDK if he is in the movie (I doubt it since it seems they want to start a new trilogy) but at least a nod towards him would be great.
@mewhaku
IDK if he is in the movie (I doubt it since it seems they want to start a new trilogy) but at least a nod towards him would be great.
m5kNycY.pngFMdbyfP.pnge3svukl.pngLSkUnqX.png
[quote name="Takora" date="2014-11-28 04:00:12"]@Boleyn Found this on tumblr: [img]http://41.media.tumblr.com/66182005409ce190a321995308f4c060/tumblr_nflzc5RdMI1tka6elo1_500.jpg[/img][i][/i] 100% more Jeff Goldblum yes.[/quote] [img]https://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9mxs3UigC1qbpy9w.gif[/img]
Takora wrote on 2014-11-28 04:00:12:
@Boleyn

Found this on tumblr:
tumblr_nflzc5RdMI1tka6elo1_500.jpg

100% more Jeff Goldblum yes.

tumblr_m9mxs3UigC1qbpy9w.gif
@Tomato
If you read through my post closely, you would have realized that I am not talking about the unfinished CG part, but the weird design choices.

I was referring to the frog DNA thing, because of the lacking feathers, and dull colours of them all.
The frog DNA was causing all the trouble, so I don't know why they should go for it again.

Did any film ever explain how the Dinosaurs survived despite their lack of that aminoacid...

I think they lack lysine, but well, many beings can't produce that on their own.
But they never did explain that.

Anyway.
I liked the dinosaurs of the third film, and not because of the better cg quality, but because of the better designs.

Even if the Spinosaurus was horribly wrong.
@Tomato
If you read through my post closely, you would have realized that I am not talking about the unfinished CG part, but the weird design choices.

I was referring to the frog DNA thing, because of the lacking feathers, and dull colours of them all.
The frog DNA was causing all the trouble, so I don't know why they should go for it again.

Did any film ever explain how the Dinosaurs survived despite their lack of that aminoacid...

I think they lack lysine, but well, many beings can't produce that on their own.
But they never did explain that.

Anyway.
I liked the dinosaurs of the third film, and not because of the better cg quality, but because of the better designs.

Even if the Spinosaurus was horribly wrong.

0PSsH9E.png

Xzuw0kv.gif
We are being watched.
The government has a secret system,
a machine that spies on you every hour of every day.
I designed the machine to detect acts of terror
but it sees everything...
dyNkCVG.gif Pvj9w5p.png

uU6ZmcR.gif
I'm very excited for this movie. My only complaints thus far are that it's not based on a book (like the original two), and that (as many have pointed out) InGen fails to learn from their mistakes yet again. The scientific inaccuracies of the appearances of the dinosaurs doesn't bother me too much, it might not be the final design and it's Hollywood so they can get away with it. Although, it would be great to see brightly colored dinosaurs with feathers and such as research suggests.

Basically I adore anything by Crichton. I just finished reading Micro last week and I'm thinking of rereading Prey for the third time.

@Godspeed

They never really explained (in the movie) how the dinosaurs on the islands survived (if I recall correctly). However in the beginning of the book, The Lost World it is explained that some small dinosaurs (possibly Procompsognathus) have managed to escape to the jungles of Costa Rica, where (in the book) they are credited with eating an infant and biting a small girl (this scene is replaced in the second movie by a small girl being bitten on the original island). It is then explained that the dinosaurs can survive by consuming lysine rich foods such as chickens or soybeans (or the carnivores eating the herbivores). I am unsure if this is explained in the movies or not, but it is explained in the second book for sure.

And in retrospect, lysine is an essential amino acid which many organisms cannot produce (thus dinosaurs likely would have been unable to as well). Instead, we consume lysine rich foods to supplement. Thus, the inability of dinosaurs to produce lysine would have been relatively useless and not a viable way of keeping them on the island in the first place. :)
I'm very excited for this movie. My only complaints thus far are that it's not based on a book (like the original two), and that (as many have pointed out) InGen fails to learn from their mistakes yet again. The scientific inaccuracies of the appearances of the dinosaurs doesn't bother me too much, it might not be the final design and it's Hollywood so they can get away with it. Although, it would be great to see brightly colored dinosaurs with feathers and such as research suggests.

Basically I adore anything by Crichton. I just finished reading Micro last week and I'm thinking of rereading Prey for the third time.

@Godspeed

They never really explained (in the movie) how the dinosaurs on the islands survived (if I recall correctly). However in the beginning of the book, The Lost World it is explained that some small dinosaurs (possibly Procompsognathus) have managed to escape to the jungles of Costa Rica, where (in the book) they are credited with eating an infant and biting a small girl (this scene is replaced in the second movie by a small girl being bitten on the original island). It is then explained that the dinosaurs can survive by consuming lysine rich foods such as chickens or soybeans (or the carnivores eating the herbivores). I am unsure if this is explained in the movies or not, but it is explained in the second book for sure.

And in retrospect, lysine is an essential amino acid which many organisms cannot produce (thus dinosaurs likely would have been unable to as well). Instead, we consume lysine rich foods to supplement. Thus, the inability of dinosaurs to produce lysine would have been relatively useless and not a viable way of keeping them on the island in the first place. :)
signature_by_cas_a_fras-dawkmko.png
UP
FOR
SALE:
31573410.png?mtime=WNUAZgAASYA.png 31573411.png?mtime=WNUBEgAASeM.png
I really want to see this movie but I fear the potential and likely disappointment.
I really want to see this movie but I fear the potential and likely disappointment.
Death will never take me alive!
The CGI looks pretty disappointing but I think you sort of have to extend your suspension of disbelief going in to the movie.

I like the idea of "What if Jurassic Park was actually successful and opened to the public?" which is the vibe I got from Jurassic World.

But yeah. They should have seen that crap coming a mile away.
Let's experiment with splicing dinosaur DNA...
And let's do it with DANGEROUS combinations!
What could possibly go wrong?
The CGI looks pretty disappointing but I think you sort of have to extend your suspension of disbelief going in to the movie.

I like the idea of "What if Jurassic Park was actually successful and opened to the public?" which is the vibe I got from Jurassic World.

But yeah. They should have seen that crap coming a mile away.
Let's experiment with splicing dinosaur DNA...
And let's do it with DANGEROUS combinations!
What could possibly go wrong?
tumblr_inline_ptsgfnOgXV1urchxs_1280.gif tumblr_inline_ptsgfnOgXV1urchxs_1280.gif tumblr_inline_ptsgfnOgXV1urchxs_1280.gif
yeah lets make a smart hybrid dinosaur and nothing possibly will go wrong.....yeah right. I am Excited for this!!!
yeah lets make a smart hybrid dinosaur and nothing possibly will go wrong.....yeah right. I am Excited for this!!!
1 2 3 4 5