Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Any knitters out there?
1 2 3 4 5
I just learned to knit less than a month ago and I was knitting my first scarf but now I've put my stuff down somewhere and I can't find it at all! But I love knitting I find it meditative and relaxing
I just learned to knit less than a month ago and I was knitting my first scarf but now I've put my stuff down somewhere and I can't find it at all! But I love knitting I find it meditative and relaxing
@queensheep Are you on Ravelry.com? The pattern search on Ravelry is incredible (both in terms of the number of patterns that people have added to Ravelry, and the amount of control that the Advanced Search gives you).

Right now, I'm working on my Cubes pullover (will I finish it before November is over??) and kind of wanting to cast on for a new hat and mittens set. It's getting cold out there!
@queensheep Are you on Ravelry.com? The pattern search on Ravelry is incredible (both in terms of the number of patterns that people have added to Ravelry, and the amount of control that the Advanced Search gives you).

Right now, I'm working on my Cubes pullover (will I finish it before November is over??) and kind of wanting to cast on for a new hat and mittens set. It's getting cold out there!
gekDtXY.png | blhNXG3.png | cU74Yk.jpg | lUc1aX6.gif | [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/baz/1641232gekDtXY.png[/url] | ThanksgivingBadge_zps9cef2f12.png | kuxtrjm.png CAKE WALK | iQrUd5S.png LOST |
@twotone

I'm not signed up or anything, but I've downloaded a couple patterns! Some of them are gorgeous :D

And ooh, sounds interesting! I'd love to see that ^^
@twotone

I'm not signed up or anything, but I've downloaded a couple patterns! Some of them are gorgeous :D

And ooh, sounds interesting! I'd love to see that ^^
lm7NGlm.png
i just recently learned! ive only knitted a scarf and a half (my first one is like 8 feet long wow) and i learned maybe a month ago. its very addictive and calming. do you guys know anything easy to knit besides scarves? even after i finish the one im working on now, ill have a lot of yarn left over, but im still a beginner so im not sure what to do with it. i dont think ill need another scarf lol
i just recently learned! ive only knitted a scarf and a half (my first one is like 8 feet long wow) and i learned maybe a month ago. its very addictive and calming. do you guys know anything easy to knit besides scarves? even after i finish the one im working on now, ill have a lot of yarn left over, but im still a beginner so im not sure what to do with it. i dont think ill need another scarf lol
@kishki
Dishcloths and blankets are the easiest next to scarves! Other projects depend a little on what your current skills are. Do you know how to knit, purl, make yarnovers, increase and decrease? If you don't, I recommend just knitting patches and learning those techniques. I know it probably sounds daunting and big, but if you know how to do any of these, you can knit virtually anything. And once you knit a couple of rows with those, you'll have the hang of it. :)

Just search for "knitting how to ____" on YouTube and you'll get a whole bunch of videos for it. I think part of the fun in knitting is to learn how to knit, because there's nothing you can't learn. It's just a matter of 'when do I learn?' as you go along!
@kishki
Dishcloths and blankets are the easiest next to scarves! Other projects depend a little on what your current skills are. Do you know how to knit, purl, make yarnovers, increase and decrease? If you don't, I recommend just knitting patches and learning those techniques. I know it probably sounds daunting and big, but if you know how to do any of these, you can knit virtually anything. And once you knit a couple of rows with those, you'll have the hang of it. :)

Just search for "knitting how to ____" on YouTube and you'll get a whole bunch of videos for it. I think part of the fun in knitting is to learn how to knit, because there's nothing you can't learn. It's just a matter of 'when do I learn?' as you go along!
tumblr_n7s8adjjdc1sl6hkto1_500.png
1 2 3 4 5