Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Lolita tips/tricks/stories?
1 2 3
Thank you! It's very cool you're deciding to make some from scratch! I would love to do that if i weren't so bum at sewing and super lazy. I have tried making my own little lacy wrist cufflets for my coord but again laaazy.
Thank you! It's very cool you're deciding to make some from scratch! I would love to do that if i weren't so bum at sewing and super lazy. I have tried making my own little lacy wrist cufflets for my coord but again laaazy.
@PeculiarNebulae
Awwww I know what you mean ;w;
This would be my second time trying to get fully interested, I have a few procrastination problems xD
I'm just assuming it will feel more fulfilling to know that I get the dress I wanted or a dress no one else owns!!
@PeculiarNebulae
Awwww I know what you mean ;w;
This would be my second time trying to get fully interested, I have a few procrastination problems xD
I'm just assuming it will feel more fulfilling to know that I get the dress I wanted or a dress no one else owns!!
mqdefault.jpg
[quote name="Aconita" date="2014-11-20 20:48:30"]My friend buys a lot from milanoo[/quote] woah forreal? do they get their stuff and is it decent quality? All ive ever heard were horror stories.
Aconita wrote on 2014-11-20 20:48:30:
My friend buys a lot from milanoo

woah forreal? do they get their stuff and is it decent quality? All ive ever heard were horror stories.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/0uvOdUi.jpg[/img] I wore Lolita for Halloween. Dress: Metamorphose Blouse: Alice and the Pirates Socks: Bodyline Petticoat: Classical Puppets (Taobao) Shoes (not shown): Antaina (Taobao) I'd love to see pictures of your cords!
0uvOdUi.jpg

I wore Lolita for Halloween.

Dress: Metamorphose
Blouse: Alice and the Pirates
Socks: Bodyline
Petticoat: Classical Puppets (Taobao)
Shoes (not shown): Antaina (Taobao)

I'd love to see pictures of your cords!
[LF] Female Ice Imp Low 6 digit - 50k gemsbiDj7CC.png
[quote name="Aconita" date="2014-11-20 20:48:30"]My friend buys a lot from milanoo[/quote] @Aconita How did they like it? Every time I look at reviews its mostly negative @OreoMilkshake I haven't gotten any coords yet I am the most naked lolita ever rn ;w;;;;;;;;; Your link didn't work right I'm sorry!!!! As soon as I get things together I will probably show it off here though! EDIT: AHHH it looks very nice
Aconita wrote on 2014-11-20 20:48:30:
My friend buys a lot from milanoo

@Aconita
How did they like it? Every time I look at reviews its mostly negative

@OreoMilkshake
I haven't gotten any coords yet I am the most naked lolita ever rn ;w;;;;;;;;;
Your link didn't work right I'm sorry!!!! As soon as I get things together I will probably show it off here though!

EDIT: AHHH it looks very nice
mqdefault.jpg
http://hellolace.net/ I really like this website, it explains the types of lolita and has a list of brands and other important information for beginners.

I'm also a beginner lolita, but I'm putting together clothes little by little, so I don't even have a single coord yet. Even if you get your hands on a dress or something, you probably shouldn't wear it out until you have a full outfit.
From my understanding it goes: 1. Petticoat 2. Blouse 3. JSK or skirt 4. Bloomers 5. Socks or tights 7. Jacket/bolero/capelet/cardigan 8. Shoes 9. Purse/bag 10. Wig/accessories (am I forgetting anything?)

Taobao, Bodyline, and secondhand lolita shops such as the livejournal's EGL Community Sales, Yahoo! Auction Japan, and Lacemarket are good if you're on a budget, but be sure to use your own judgement well before buying anything. Taobao has a lot of cute accessories and indie brands but you have to buy through an agent.
http://hellolace.net/ I really like this website, it explains the types of lolita and has a list of brands and other important information for beginners.

I'm also a beginner lolita, but I'm putting together clothes little by little, so I don't even have a single coord yet. Even if you get your hands on a dress or something, you probably shouldn't wear it out until you have a full outfit.
From my understanding it goes: 1. Petticoat 2. Blouse 3. JSK or skirt 4. Bloomers 5. Socks or tights 7. Jacket/bolero/capelet/cardigan 8. Shoes 9. Purse/bag 10. Wig/accessories (am I forgetting anything?)

Taobao, Bodyline, and secondhand lolita shops such as the livejournal's EGL Community Sales, Yahoo! Auction Japan, and Lacemarket are good if you're on a budget, but be sure to use your own judgement well before buying anything. Taobao has a lot of cute accessories and indie brands but you have to buy through an agent.
@PeculiarNebulae and @Fauxgami Yeah, she has at least 7 or 8 dresses plus petticoats from there, and she loves them. I've seen her wear one of the dresses at least once every other week for around two years, and its still looking good. I think it varies depending on the item, though. There are two others that are from there that she didn't get that I saw. One of them was terrible quality, material uncomfortable and fit askew. According to her, none of her items have this problem. Probably the biggest pro is that you can get a bunch of stuff on sale from there.
@PeculiarNebulae and @Fauxgami Yeah, she has at least 7 or 8 dresses plus petticoats from there, and she loves them. I've seen her wear one of the dresses at least once every other week for around two years, and its still looking good. I think it varies depending on the item, though. There are two others that are from there that she didn't get that I saw. One of them was terrible quality, material uncomfortable and fit askew. According to her, none of her items have this problem. Probably the biggest pro is that you can get a bunch of stuff on sale from there.
!!Click!! XkKeI.gifsl0ix.gif77j2X.gif7RuXO.gif1StWJ.gifIvozV.gif!!Click!!
@Saika
Oh that will be really helpful, thanks!!

Also yes I don't think it would be a good idea to go out unless the outfit was complete or at least seemed complete for the time being. Maybe some people could pull it off? I would feel too embarrassed ;////v////;

Oh my gosh though those little lists are actually very helpful too, I need to place the links I get in the OP and quote you guys in it. If I may add to one of them that if you are doing contacts that they should go in before make up? I may be wrong though!

Yeah I'm just going to keep my eyes super peeling when I go shopping online once I have the money to actually shop xD Right now all I can do is window shop and whine
@Saika
Oh that will be really helpful, thanks!!

Also yes I don't think it would be a good idea to go out unless the outfit was complete or at least seemed complete for the time being. Maybe some people could pull it off? I would feel too embarrassed ;////v////;

Oh my gosh though those little lists are actually very helpful too, I need to place the links I get in the OP and quote you guys in it. If I may add to one of them that if you are doing contacts that they should go in before make up? I may be wrong though!

Yeah I'm just going to keep my eyes super peeling when I go shopping online once I have the money to actually shop xD Right now all I can do is window shop and whine
mqdefault.jpg
I don't think you should risk buying from Milanoo at all. They're a hit or miss, but the miss being most of their stuff. They've consistently had negative reviews from people who've accidentally bought from them without knowing their reputation, and their images are stolen from other sites.

And you're welcome, good luck! It's kinda stressful picking stuff out but I'm sure your first coord will look lovely. :)
I don't think you should risk buying from Milanoo at all. They're a hit or miss, but the miss being most of their stuff. They've consistently had negative reviews from people who've accidentally bought from them without knowing their reputation, and their images are stolen from other sites.

And you're welcome, good luck! It's kinda stressful picking stuff out but I'm sure your first coord will look lovely. :)
@Fauxgami

I changed the pic. Do you see it now?

And you should wear a complete coord before you go out.

Also, dancing in lolita in a room full of crowded people is sooooo hot! You better be mentally prepared before you do something like that. Definitely don't wear your JSKs to a concert with a lot of moshing.
@Fauxgami

I changed the pic. Do you see it now?

And you should wear a complete coord before you go out.

Also, dancing in lolita in a room full of crowded people is sooooo hot! You better be mentally prepared before you do something like that. Definitely don't wear your JSKs to a concert with a lot of moshing.
[LF] Female Ice Imp Low 6 digit - 50k gemsbiDj7CC.png
1 2 3