Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Unique Names: The Struggle Is Real
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 14 15
Haha yeah I know the felling. My name is Jolisa and a lot of people would mess up my name. I would be called Julissa, Jilisa, Joliisa and a lot more. I keep telling people "Look it's Jo and Lisa. How could you mess that up??". But I got used o it. So I chuckle every time someone messes up my name.
Haha yeah I know the felling. My name is Jolisa and a lot of people would mess up my name. I would be called Julissa, Jilisa, Joliisa and a lot more. I keep telling people "Look it's Jo and Lisa. How could you mess that up??". But I got used o it. So I chuckle every time someone messes up my name.
tumblr_lt1fb787Zt1qapbyt.giftumblr_lt1etla8po1qapbyt.giftumblr_lt1fb787Zt1qapbyt.gif
I know this feel about my last name. It's 11 letters long, contains a z and a w (Polish, what what), and the only people that pronounce it correctly are/were teachers I had who also had my siblings, or other people in my family and family friends. Any time I have to give my last name I just default to "I'll spell it for you" and then I get a weird look from whomever I'm talking to. Until after I spell it, then they look super relieved.

You'd think living in an area with a very high German/Swedish/Polish population would make people a bit more keen on how to pronounce these names. Nope. My last name never fit in the boxes on standardized tests, either. :I I still love it, though, because it's so unique.
I know this feel about my last name. It's 11 letters long, contains a z and a w (Polish, what what), and the only people that pronounce it correctly are/were teachers I had who also had my siblings, or other people in my family and family friends. Any time I have to give my last name I just default to "I'll spell it for you" and then I get a weird look from whomever I'm talking to. Until after I spell it, then they look super relieved.

You'd think living in an area with a very high German/Swedish/Polish population would make people a bit more keen on how to pronounce these names. Nope. My last name never fit in the boxes on standardized tests, either. :I I still love it, though, because it's so unique.

veticablue.png

V E T I C Λ
- - - - - -- - - - - -
TUMBLR .-. THEME
GW2: Esterie.7409
My mom's friends still spell my name wrong. And they've known my parents since before I was born.
My mom's friends still spell my name wrong. And they've known my parents since before I was born.
My birth name is always pronounced wrong. They always say Alicia or something similar.
My birth name is always pronounced wrong. They always say Alicia or something similar.
My first name is two very common names but they are hyphenated (example: billy-bob) and on all my assignments in school (well.. The ones i actually do lol) I always put my full first name yet teachers have always just called out the first half of my name when taking attendance or trying to get my attention. I've gotten used to schools and any company that still sends mail getting my name wrong, however, when I was little I wouldn't respond because I didn't think they were talking to me. So I can kinda relate to this struggle.
My first name is two very common names but they are hyphenated (example: billy-bob) and on all my assignments in school (well.. The ones i actually do lol) I always put my full first name yet teachers have always just called out the first half of my name when taking attendance or trying to get my attention. I've gotten used to schools and any company that still sends mail getting my name wrong, however, when I was little I wouldn't respond because I didn't think they were talking to me. So I can kinda relate to this struggle.
tumblr_nem9tppPvW1r6c1vzo1_500.png
How Deedre (Dee-uh-druh) is hard to pronounce I'll never know.

I've had subs literally stop at my name and just say my last name. OTL
How Deedre (Dee-uh-druh) is hard to pronounce I'll never know.

I've had subs literally stop at my name and just say my last name. OTL
If you hear the music....
It's already too late.
Eg7eN5P.png
Looking for affiliates
OMG My last name... it's french, so people miss-spell it all the time, and they can't even pronounce it. (Telemarketers are easy to tell. "Can I please speak to a miss... De...des...." :/)
OMG My last name... it's french, so people miss-spell it all the time, and they can't even pronounce it. (Telemarketers are easy to tell. "Can I please speak to a miss... De...des...." :/)
fiFase7.png Draca
She/They
FRT +3
Roleplay Clan
If you do art comms I'm probably on your pinglist lol
I have the easiest name ever. Seriously. It's a 4 letter name, and a combination of only TWO letters. Yet everyone misspells it or mispronounces it. I don't even want to know what y'all are going through.
I have the easiest name ever. Seriously. It's a 4 letter name, and a combination of only TWO letters. Yet everyone misspells it or mispronounces it. I don't even want to know what y'all are going through.
I have a super common name, and my kindergarten school teacher spelt it "Nichole" ;_;
I still don't know where the H came from...
Seriously, I can only imagine what the rest of your put up with.
I have a super common name, and my kindergarten school teacher spelt it "Nichole" ;_;
I still don't know where the H came from...
Seriously, I can only imagine what the rest of your put up with.
x
6Fjd4rG.png
rUoKR6y.png
x1pha98.png
o9yS1eq.png
x

DQozQNb.png
Ugh even Indians pronounce my name wrong and it's an Indian name! Not to mention peeps in Sweden ate worse at it
Ugh even Indians pronounce my name wrong and it's an Indian name! Not to mention peeps in Sweden ate worse at it
conXkZb.png
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 14 15