Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Add In-Site Support for Keybindings!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Using keybindings does not mean anything is automated, save for a move-and-click. [i]Using keybindings is not botting.[/i] Using keybindings does not significantly speed play or give people an unfair advantage. All it means is that you can press a key instead of using the mouse to click part of the screen. Sometimes, using a mouse or trackpad is difficult. And the User Interface Flight Rising has severely lacks support to use it without a mouse. Worse than that, keybindings are now a violation of the Terms of Service. Furthermore, here is a list of reasons that some people may not want to use mouses all the time/people who could benefit from being allowed to make custom keybindings for the site, [i]or[/i] that Flight Rising may consider some sort of officially-permitted keybinding software for peoples' convenience [list][*][b]Broken hands or wrists:[/b] something that everyone can get. Life happens! [*][b]Carpal tunnel syndrome:[/b] something that everyone can get, from strain and overuse of the wrist. One of the most debilitating and notorious RSI’s out there [*][b]Movement impairment:[/b] disorders, injuries, being stuck in bed, etc. [*][b]Repetitive-Strain Injuries:[/b] a problem that people are already experiencing with the coliseum and fairgrounds, as well as other parts of Flight Rising. The more you have to move and touch a mouse, the more likely you are to injure your hands, wrists, elbows, or shoulders– things like applying and removing apparel and trying to bond with familiars are highly inefficient as-is, and it’s an increasingly-common problem. [*][b]Tics, trembling, and tremors:[/b] if you live with tics or tremors, something as simple as feeding yourself can be difficult. Trying to control or handle a mouse can be nigh-impossible. Typing in letters or combinations of keystrokes, on the other hand, is easier by far. [*][b]Vision Impairment:[/b] The less someone with vision impairment has to touch their mouse, the better. The twitch of a hand can send it from somewhere easily-visible to someplace they can’t find it– I’m certain you’ve experienced the frustration of a disappearing pointer icon. For people with vision impairments, this is an even greater inconvenience.[/list] These reasons and more can impair someone's ability to enjoy the site, and being able to use keybindings or add-ons to help their experiences could help them [i]and[/i] people looking to avoid repetitive-stress injuries from long-term play. Please, please consider updating/changing your TOS to reflect this, or to make the site more friendly to people who have trouble using mouses/trackpads! Thank you for reading; I hope you will take this matter into serious consideration.
Using keybindings does not mean anything is automated, save for a move-and-click. Using keybindings is not botting. Using keybindings does not significantly speed play or give people an unfair advantage. All it means is that you can press a key instead of using the mouse to click part of the screen.

Sometimes, using a mouse or trackpad is difficult. And the User Interface Flight Rising has severely lacks support to use it without a mouse. Worse than that, keybindings are now a violation of the Terms of Service.

Furthermore, here is a list of reasons that some people may not want to use mouses all the time/people who could benefit from being allowed to make custom keybindings for the site, or that Flight Rising may consider some sort of officially-permitted keybinding software for peoples' convenience
  • Broken hands or wrists: something that everyone can get. Life happens!
  • Carpal tunnel syndrome: something that everyone can get, from strain and overuse of the wrist. One of the most debilitating and notorious RSI’s out there
  • Movement impairment: disorders, injuries, being stuck in bed, etc.
  • Repetitive-Strain Injuries: a problem that people are already experiencing with the coliseum and fairgrounds, as well as other parts of Flight Rising. The more you have to move and touch a mouse, the more likely you are to injure your hands, wrists, elbows, or shoulders– things like applying and removing apparel and trying to bond with familiars are highly inefficient as-is, and it’s an increasingly-common problem.
  • Tics, trembling, and tremors: if you live with tics or tremors, something as simple as feeding yourself can be difficult. Trying to control or handle a mouse can be nigh-impossible. Typing in letters or combinations of keystrokes, on the other hand, is easier by far.
  • Vision Impairment: The less someone with vision impairment has to touch their mouse, the better. The twitch of a hand can send it from somewhere easily-visible to someplace they can’t find it– I’m certain you’ve experienced the frustration of a disappearing pointer icon. For people with vision impairments, this is an even greater inconvenience.

These reasons and more can impair someone's ability to enjoy the site, and being able to use keybindings or add-ons to help their experiences could help them and people looking to avoid repetitive-stress injuries from long-term play.

Please, please consider updating/changing your TOS to reflect this, or to make the site more friendly to people who have trouble using mouses/trackpads!

Thank you for reading; I hope you will take this matter into serious consideration.
fbwGP.png
Support.
Support.
Selling old UMAs/giveaway
Giving away everything
G2 imperial giveaway
progress-rainbow-rainbow-garter-blm.png
SUPPORT.

Flight Rising seriously needs to up their game about being health/disabilty-friendly.
SUPPORT.

Flight Rising seriously needs to up their game about being health/disabilty-friendly.
Full support. Seriously, banning keybinding is ridiculous.
Full support. Seriously, banning keybinding is ridiculous.
9sPoCQG.png
Support.
Support.
Support.

I recently broke my right wrist. That's my mouse hand. I can click mouse buttons fine, since my fingers are fine, but have you ever tried to move a mouse around with most of your palm covered by a cast? It doesn't work out super well. FR seems to be throwing the baby out with the bathwater with their anti-botting policies, to the detriment of all.
Support.

I recently broke my right wrist. That's my mouse hand. I can click mouse buttons fine, since my fingers are fine, but have you ever tried to move a mouse around with most of your palm covered by a cast? It doesn't work out super well. FR seems to be throwing the baby out with the bathwater with their anti-botting policies, to the detriment of all.
Full support for this - it'd be nice to have some extra consideration for those who might be able to navigate the site as easily as others.
Full support for this - it'd be nice to have some extra consideration for those who might be able to navigate the site as easily as others.
Full support. Not only is the current TOS not disability-friendly (or even just friendly towards preventing RSIs), all the clicking that's required just to do the dailies needed for regular dragon care feels like it actually *encourages* carpal tunnel.
Full support. Not only is the current TOS not disability-friendly (or even just friendly towards preventing RSIs), all the clicking that's required just to do the dailies needed for regular dragon care feels like it actually *encourages* carpal tunnel.
i actually would quite like this. my doctor told me recently i need to calm down on my hands because im messing up my joints and its much easier to push a few buttons.

apparently early onset rheumatoid arthritis is in my family.
i actually would quite like this. my doctor told me recently i need to calm down on my hands because im messing up my joints and its much easier to push a few buttons.

apparently early onset rheumatoid arthritis is in my family.
Full support.
Full support.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7