Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Bands!!
@bittythekhajiit YES MCR ALL THE WAY still in denial over the breakup yeah so they're my favorite band but I love a ton other bands too like Architects, Crown the Empire, Rise Against, AFI, I Killed The Prom Queen, Bring Me The Horizon, Fall Out Boy, Twenty One Pilots, Panic! At the Disco not their most recent album as much though... The Academy Is..., Armor For Sleep, Parkway Drive, A Skylit Drive, In This Moment, Motionless In White, Mayday Parade, The Word Alive, Less Than Jake, Of Mice & Men, Paramore, and a lot of other pop punk/punk/hardcore/metalcore bands with a little bit of classic metal mixed in.
@bittythekhajiit YES MCR ALL THE WAY still in denial over the breakup yeah so they're my favorite band but I love a ton other bands too like Architects, Crown the Empire, Rise Against, AFI, I Killed The Prom Queen, Bring Me The Horizon, Fall Out Boy, Twenty One Pilots, Panic! At the Disco not their most recent album as much though... The Academy Is..., Armor For Sleep, Parkway Drive, A Skylit Drive, In This Moment, Motionless In White, Mayday Parade, The Word Alive, Less Than Jake, Of Mice & Men, Paramore, and a lot of other pop punk/punk/hardcore/metalcore bands with a little bit of classic metal mixed in.
GO2Bc3v.jpg
BANDS. Bands? Bands... Electric Six. Ohh, Electric Six... what a legendary band. (PS. Danger! High Voltage and Gay Bar are way overrated compared to their other songs).

I actually like a rather chaotic mix of things, don't let me mislead you there X(. E6 are heavenly, but I also have a soft spot for folk-y rock-y musicians like Billy Bragg and the Levellers. Then there's the ska bands... Kingsize and Special Brew are excellent for a live gig, they're both playing near my place this Christmas. Shame they aren't better known. But then there's also the weirder side of stuff like DyE, Portishead, Kid Beyond, My Robot Friend... there's a bit of almost everything on my phone.

My latest favs are a fella called Otis Gibbs who I went to see yesterday night - fell in love with his style straight away - and a band called Ferocious Dog who I'm going to see in a couple weeks. The latter are quite Flogging Molly if you ask me. Yesss, music is so good.
BANDS. Bands? Bands... Electric Six. Ohh, Electric Six... what a legendary band. (PS. Danger! High Voltage and Gay Bar are way overrated compared to their other songs).

I actually like a rather chaotic mix of things, don't let me mislead you there X(. E6 are heavenly, but I also have a soft spot for folk-y rock-y musicians like Billy Bragg and the Levellers. Then there's the ska bands... Kingsize and Special Brew are excellent for a live gig, they're both playing near my place this Christmas. Shame they aren't better known. But then there's also the weirder side of stuff like DyE, Portishead, Kid Beyond, My Robot Friend... there's a bit of almost everything on my phone.

My latest favs are a fella called Otis Gibbs who I went to see yesterday night - fell in love with his style straight away - and a band called Ferocious Dog who I'm going to see in a couple weeks. The latter are quite Flogging Molly if you ask me. Yesss, music is so good.
2WbApPz.png
has Brain Slime and sucks at being active
My all-time favorite is Metallica. I've been listening to their music ever since I was just nine years old back in 1999 so that would be... 15 years? That's a good amount of time to become a very important part of my life.
I can't really even pinpoint what I exactly like about Metallica. It's just... the whole package, I guess. Then again, I'm able to criticize them, too instead of blindly worshipping them. I can honestly say that St. Anger is utter poop.
It was one of my dearest dreams to see them live some day and earlier this year, in May, that dream was finally fulfilled and I will cherish that day to the end.

Another band that has accumulated a lot of significance to me is Poets of the Fall. It's quite similar deal as with Metallica, hard to tell what exactly is so great about them but it's still easier to sort out some things.
Like the variety their songs have. It's really amazing. Each album has its own distinct sound and style that are easily recognized, and yet they all have that familiar Poets of the Fall sound to them.
But I think the best thing about them, are their lyrics. The band's name describes it well, it's true poetry.

Those two are my "above all others" bands which I just have to separate from the others. But anywho, other bands/artists I really like include Korpiklaani, Rammstein, Stam1na, Nightmare, MUCC, BIGBANG, TVXQ, Miljoonasade, Shoji Meguro... just to mention few. :B
My all-time favorite is Metallica. I've been listening to their music ever since I was just nine years old back in 1999 so that would be... 15 years? That's a good amount of time to become a very important part of my life.
I can't really even pinpoint what I exactly like about Metallica. It's just... the whole package, I guess. Then again, I'm able to criticize them, too instead of blindly worshipping them. I can honestly say that St. Anger is utter poop.
It was one of my dearest dreams to see them live some day and earlier this year, in May, that dream was finally fulfilled and I will cherish that day to the end.

Another band that has accumulated a lot of significance to me is Poets of the Fall. It's quite similar deal as with Metallica, hard to tell what exactly is so great about them but it's still easier to sort out some things.
Like the variety their songs have. It's really amazing. Each album has its own distinct sound and style that are easily recognized, and yet they all have that familiar Poets of the Fall sound to them.
But I think the best thing about them, are their lyrics. The band's name describes it well, it's true poetry.

Those two are my "above all others" bands which I just have to separate from the others. But anywho, other bands/artists I really like include Korpiklaani, Rammstein, Stam1na, Nightmare, MUCC, BIGBANG, TVXQ, Miljoonasade, Shoji Meguro... just to mention few. :B
3QONSnu.png

In the silence of the ice, even dreams become still.
@DanaSoraya Aaaahhhh FFTL is so good!!! And Sonny sure has come a long way since his days in the band hasn't he? :P

Anyways, my main bands are FFTL, Fall Out Boy, Panic! at the Disco, Bastille, Daft Punk, Justice, and a couple of really good musical comedy bands. I also like a lot of solo artists like Cashmere Cat, Cassius, Tycho, Lapalux, Skrillex, Deadmau5, and a lot more that I just can't think of right now.
@DanaSoraya Aaaahhhh FFTL is so good!!! And Sonny sure has come a long way since his days in the band hasn't he? :P

Anyways, my main bands are FFTL, Fall Out Boy, Panic! at the Disco, Bastille, Daft Punk, Justice, and a couple of really good musical comedy bands. I also like a lot of solo artists like Cashmere Cat, Cassius, Tycho, Lapalux, Skrillex, Deadmau5, and a lot more that I just can't think of right now.
@Missmouse He sure has! I don't really like his Skrillex music but he is doing great. I'm so happy for him ♥
@Missmouse He sure has! I don't really like his Skrillex music but he is doing great. I'm so happy for him ♥
bursts through the door like did someone mention bands i love bands

a lot of the stuff i listen to is like super hardcore ?? its not for everyone but some examples: Above This, Attila, Thy Art Is Murder, (old) Bring Me The Horizon, A Lot Like Birds, I Killed The Prom Queen, After The Burial, Born Of Osiris, Point Below Zero, and Haste The Day

some less intense stuff would be A Day To Remember; Dance Gavin Dance; Chunk! No, Captain Chunk; Senses Fail; Rise Against; I Set My Friends On Fire; iwrestledabearonce; Mindless Self Indulgence, Pierce The Veil, and Set Your Goals

about as intense as water would be Panic! At The Disco, My Chemical Romance, Marina And The Diamonds (not really a band hhh), Say Anything, and All Time Low

shrugs
bursts through the door like did someone mention bands i love bands

a lot of the stuff i listen to is like super hardcore ?? its not for everyone but some examples: Above This, Attila, Thy Art Is Murder, (old) Bring Me The Horizon, A Lot Like Birds, I Killed The Prom Queen, After The Burial, Born Of Osiris, Point Below Zero, and Haste The Day

some less intense stuff would be A Day To Remember; Dance Gavin Dance; Chunk! No, Captain Chunk; Senses Fail; Rise Against; I Set My Friends On Fire; iwrestledabearonce; Mindless Self Indulgence, Pierce The Veil, and Set Your Goals

about as intense as water would be Panic! At The Disco, My Chemical Romance, Marina And The Diamonds (not really a band hhh), Say Anything, and All Time Low

shrugs
I'll listen to pretty much anything that's not polka or polka-inspired. But bands/artists off the top of my head: Rammstein, Ghost, Loreena McKennitt, Imogen Heap, Bjork, Fever Ray, Royksopp, Vintersorg, Pink Floyd, Kanye West, Oasis, Blue Oyster Cult, Dir en Grey, Blackmore's Night.
I'll listen to pretty much anything that's not polka or polka-inspired. But bands/artists off the top of my head: Rammstein, Ghost, Loreena McKennitt, Imogen Heap, Bjork, Fever Ray, Royksopp, Vintersorg, Pink Floyd, Kanye West, Oasis, Blue Oyster Cult, Dir en Grey, Blackmore's Night.
tumblr_inline_nfx5micmyj1r6zydg.png
I usually listen to Van Canto, Green Day, Eluveitie, Alestorm, Epica, 30 Seconds to Mars, The Offspring, Rise Against, Linkin Park, Nightwish, Dropkick Murphys, and Flobots. I also listen to new age and Celtic music.
I usually listen to Van Canto, Green Day, Eluveitie, Alestorm, Epica, 30 Seconds to Mars, The Offspring, Rise Against, Linkin Park, Nightwish, Dropkick Murphys, and Flobots. I also listen to new age and Celtic music.
I go through phases, one day it'll be Flogging Molly and Dropkick Murphys, then the next day it'll be Combi Christ and X.RX... and then suddenly it's Korplikaani and Tyr.
My music preference changes like I change my socks haha.

I like loads of stuff, I never go off anything, I just have different days where I'll favor something else.

Although, can never say no to Queens Of The Stonage or Pantera.
I go through phases, one day it'll be Flogging Molly and Dropkick Murphys, then the next day it'll be Combi Christ and X.RX... and then suddenly it's Korplikaani and Tyr.
My music preference changes like I change my socks haha.

I like loads of stuff, I never go off anything, I just have different days where I'll favor something else.

Although, can never say no to Queens Of The Stonage or Pantera.
I have a pretty wide (?) range when it comes to the types of music I like, but my all time favorites are Steam Powered Giraffe and My Chemical Romance. Those two have been my top two from the second I discovered them (5th grade for MCR, but I can't recall about SPG). Anything after those two changes out, but Queen, Green Day, Smash Mouth and AC/DC are usually close to the top. Off the top of my head (and scrolling through my ipod for like 2 minutes) other bands I like (in no particular order) are: Abney Park, Disturbed, Three Days Grace, Weird Al 'Yankovic', The Misfits, Muse, Stevie Wonder, Journey, Earth, Wind, and Fire, Thousand Foot Krutch, pretty much any Disney movie soundtrack (Not the crap from the disney channel. I'm talking like Tarzan, Mulan, etc.), The Rolling Stones, 30 Seconds to Mars, Seether, Panic! at The Disco (Original/first 2 albums), Rise Against, Fall Out Boy, Bon Jovi, Guns N Roses, and yeah...I think you get the point. :)
I have a pretty wide (?) range when it comes to the types of music I like, but my all time favorites are Steam Powered Giraffe and My Chemical Romance. Those two have been my top two from the second I discovered them (5th grade for MCR, but I can't recall about SPG). Anything after those two changes out, but Queen, Green Day, Smash Mouth and AC/DC are usually close to the top. Off the top of my head (and scrolling through my ipod for like 2 minutes) other bands I like (in no particular order) are: Abney Park, Disturbed, Three Days Grace, Weird Al 'Yankovic', The Misfits, Muse, Stevie Wonder, Journey, Earth, Wind, and Fire, Thousand Foot Krutch, pretty much any Disney movie soundtrack (Not the crap from the disney channel. I'm talking like Tarzan, Mulan, etc.), The Rolling Stones, 30 Seconds to Mars, Seether, Panic! at The Disco (Original/first 2 albums), Rise Against, Fall Out Boy, Bon Jovi, Guns N Roses, and yeah...I think you get the point. :)
fr_plaguebanner_by_seepranne-d6ghm2z.gif