Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Curious - how does one determine price?
I am a very casual player (I'm mostly just here for the Coliseum game tbh) so I am no expert on the sale value of items. When I clean out my hoard, my usual strategy is to search the item in question and see what other players are charging for it, then sell it for about the same. However, sometimes there ARE no other players selling the item I want to pawn off! Some of the items this has happened with are:

Nomad's Sandwastes Sash, Vest & Turban
Peacebringer's Cowl
Raider's Fur Armwraps
Pillager's Helm
Death’s-Head Stag

Anyone up for sharing strategies for what to do in this situation? How do you sell items like these and make sure you aren't getting ripped off?
I am a very casual player (I'm mostly just here for the Coliseum game tbh) so I am no expert on the sale value of items. When I clean out my hoard, my usual strategy is to search the item in question and see what other players are charging for it, then sell it for about the same. However, sometimes there ARE no other players selling the item I want to pawn off! Some of the items this has happened with are:

Nomad's Sandwastes Sash, Vest & Turban
Peacebringer's Cowl
Raider's Fur Armwraps
Pillager's Helm
Death’s-Head Stag

Anyone up for sharing strategies for what to do in this situation? How do you sell items like these and make sure you aren't getting ripped off?
I find out their Market prices, because I dont want to go TOO low on that.
And then I look in the auction house and see what the competition is priced at. There's usually a pretty good middle ground of 'high enough to make a profit' while not making people go this is 10X the price *** hecke no
if it's an unbuyable thing I just go lower or same as the lowest person on the auction house.
And then I look in the auction house and see what the competition is priced at. There's usually a pretty good middle ground of 'high enough to make a profit' while not making people go this is 10X the price *** hecke no
if it's an unbuyable thing I just go lower or same as the lowest person on the auction house.
KRbmL5d.gif15qx1co.giffwluWq4.gif
@WolfPatronus

All of those items have apostrophes in their name, which messes up the search and makes it seem as though there are none of that item. Try searching "Sandwastes Sash" without the Nomad's part; you'll see the items then.

Basically, just search a part of the name that doesn't include an apostrophe. It might then show other items that include the same part of the name, so you'll just have to search for the lowest price of the one you're trying to sell.
@WolfPatronus

All of those items have apostrophes in their name, which messes up the search and makes it seem as though there are none of that item. Try searching "Sandwastes Sash" without the Nomad's part; you'll see the items then.

Basically, just search a part of the name that doesn't include an apostrophe. It might then show other items that include the same part of the name, so you'll just have to search for the lowest price of the one you're trying to sell.
-back and lurking-
she/they
[quote name="OwlRecluse" date="2014-10-25 12:36:39"]I find out their Market prices, because I dont want to go TOO low on that. And then I look in the auction house and see what the competition is priced at. There's usually a pretty good middle ground of 'high enough to make a profit' while not making people go this is 10X the price wtf hecke no if it's an unbuyable thing I just go lower or same as the lowest person on the auction house.[/quote] That's exactly what I usually do. However, this post is about items that HAVE no entries in the auction house. [quote name="Dragonling" date="2014-10-25 12:41:28"]@WolfPatronus All of those items have apostrophes in their name, which messes up the search and makes it seem as though there are none of that item. Try searching "Sandwastes Sash" without the Nomad's part; you'll see the items then. Basically, just search a part of the name that doesn't include an apostrophe. It might then show other items that include the same part of the name, so you'll just have to search for the lowest price of the one you're trying to sell.[/quote] Ahhh thank you so much!
OwlRecluse wrote on 2014-10-25 12:36:39:

That's exactly what I usually do. However, this post is about items that HAVE no entries in the auction house.

Dragonling wrote on 2014-10-25 12:41:28:
@WolfPatronus

Ahhh thank you so much!
@WolfPatronus

Also, to know the Market Place prices, just hover on the item's/familiar's picture : the sell value given is how much you would get if you auto-sold this item (clicking the se, but the real value of it is this sell value + a zero behind. The Death Head Stag sell value is 1500, which means it would have cost you 15000 if you would have bought it from the Market Place.
It's useful to know because sometimes in the auction house the prices are too low for what it's actually worth, and it's better to wait a little so that you don't undersell it. Meaning that often people think the "sell value" is what the item is worth, when it's actually 1/10 of its worth (which really doesn't help the AH economy). Of course worth is really determined by rarity/demand, but you get what I mean.
Swip items/familiars or rare drops has a "0" sell value, which means people decide what sell value they want it to have in the AH.
I hope this helps !
@WolfPatronus

Also, to know the Market Place prices, just hover on the item's/familiar's picture : the sell value given is how much you would get if you auto-sold this item (clicking the se, but the real value of it is this sell value + a zero behind. The Death Head Stag sell value is 1500, which means it would have cost you 15000 if you would have bought it from the Market Place.
It's useful to know because sometimes in the auction house the prices are too low for what it's actually worth, and it's better to wait a little so that you don't undersell it. Meaning that often people think the "sell value" is what the item is worth, when it's actually 1/10 of its worth (which really doesn't help the AH economy). Of course worth is really determined by rarity/demand, but you get what I mean.
Swip items/familiars or rare drops has a "0" sell value, which means people decide what sell value they want it to have in the AH.
I hope this helps !
ZNhRsiG.png
[quote name="WolfPatronus" date="2014-10-25 12:45:02"][quote name="OwlRecluse" date="2014-10-25 12:36:39"]I find out their Market prices, because I dont want to go TOO low on that. And then I look in the auction house and see what the competition is priced at. There's usually a pretty good middle ground of 'high enough to make a profit' while not making people go this is 10X the price wtf hecke no if it's an unbuyable thing I just go lower or same as the lowest person on the auction house.[/quote] That's exactly what I usually do. However, this post is about items that HAVE no entries in the auction house. [quote name="Dragonling" date="2014-10-25 12:41:28"]@WolfPatronus All of those items have apostrophes in their name, which messes up the search and makes it seem as though there are none of that item. Try searching "Sandwastes Sash" without the Nomad's part; you'll see the items then. Basically, just search a part of the name that doesn't include an apostrophe. It might then show other items that include the same part of the name, so you'll just have to search for the lowest price of the one you're trying to sell.[/quote] Ahhh thank you so much![/quote] Alternatively, % in place of the apostrophe works. E.g. search Pillager%s Helm to avoid having your results muddled up with Roving Seafarer's Helms. (_#039; also works but why type it when you can just put in %. _#039; seems to be closer what the search-code thinks an apostrophe *should* be but % works as a multi-character wildcard so you can use it to drop multiple letters or whole words or individual random apostrophes. rov% helm, nom% vest, etc.)
WolfPatronus wrote on 2014-10-25 12:45:02:
OwlRecluse wrote on 2014-10-25 12:36:39:

That's exactly what I usually do. However, this post is about items that HAVE no entries in the auction house.

Dragonling wrote on 2014-10-25 12:41:28:
@WolfPatronus

Ahhh thank you so much!

Alternatively, % in place of the apostrophe works. E.g. search Pillager%s Helm to avoid having your results muddled up with Roving Seafarer's Helms.

(_#039; also works but why type it when you can just put in %. _#039; seems to be closer what the search-code thinks an apostrophe *should* be but % works as a multi-character wildcard so you can use it to drop multiple letters or whole words or individual random apostrophes. rov% helm, nom% vest, etc.)
tumblr_nzb439eFkE1tc28p3o2_r1_500.png
[quote name="Straif" date="2014-10-25 14:57:42"] (_039; also works but why type it when you can just put in %. _039; seems to be what the search-code thinks an apostrophe *should* be but % works as a multi-character wildcard so you can use it to drop multiple letters or whole words. rov% helm, nom% vest, etc.)[/quote] Oh wow, never knew about this. I wonder if it works with items in posts. EDIT: Nope it doesn't, but useful nonetheless.
Straif wrote on 2014-10-25 14:57:42:
(_039; also works but why type it when you can just put in %. _039; seems to be what the search-code thinks an apostrophe *should* be but % works as a multi-character wildcard so you can use it to drop multiple letters or whole words. rov% helm, nom% vest, etc.)

Oh wow, never knew about this. I wonder if it works with items in posts.

EDIT: Nope it doesn't, but useful nonetheless.
KUs4mKR.png yaSdaPU.pngNJq1GMz.png
Feel free to call me Lil and please ping me if you need to get my attention.
[quote name="Lililira" date="2014-10-25 15:08:30"][quote name="Straif" date="2014-10-25 14:57:42"] (_039; also works but why type it when you can just put in %. _039; seems to be what the search-code thinks an apostrophe *should* be but % works as a multi-character wildcard so you can use it to drop multiple letters or whole words. rov% helm, nom% vest, etc.)[/quote] Oh wow, never knew about this. I wonder if it works with items in posts. EDIT: Nope it doesn't, but useful nonetheless.[/quote] Items need to be ' i think… [item=forgotten poet's tools] yep. [s]now did they ever fix it so the dash in the death's-head stag wouldn't break…[/s] apparently not.
Lililira wrote on 2014-10-25 15:08:30:
Straif wrote on 2014-10-25 14:57:42:
(_039; also works but why type it when you can just put in %. _039; seems to be what the search-code thinks an apostrophe *should* be but % works as a multi-character wildcard so you can use it to drop multiple letters or whole words. rov% helm, nom% vest, etc.)

Oh wow, never knew about this. I wonder if it works with items in posts.

EDIT: Nope it doesn't, but useful nonetheless.

Items need to be ' i think…

yep.

now did they ever fix it so the dash in the death's-head stag wouldn't break… apparently not.
tumblr_nzb439eFkE1tc28p3o2_r1_500.png