Back

Raffles & Giveaways

Share your raffles and giveaways with the Flight Rising community.
TOPIC | Closed-Welcome W-mass ping pg109
1 2 ... 47 48 49 50 51 ... 111 112
@Kedia

The classics are the ones from before the Ninth Doctor. At the very beginning of Doctor Who a.k.a. when it was apparently meant to be an educational show - it was apparently rubbish, both because a) day and age it was made in and b) bleh, education.

It steadily got better over time and as they added in Daleks and Cybermen and monsters and lots of companions and made it more about adventures than just being educational, but obviously, even though the storylines obviously got much better - they couldn't really be compared visually to the newer ones. Some of the classic episodes of Doctor Who are also completely unavailable due to the fact tapes used to be taped over which resulted in the loss of around 60 episodes I think. Maybe more.

Regardless, watching the old ones is not needed to understand the newer ones - there are some references to the old ones very rarely though which you can just look up as necessary.

The only thing you really need to know while entering the newer Doctor Who is that the Doctor regenerates, there was an old series, and that the Doctor encountered in season 1 of the newer Doctor Who is the ninth incarnation.
@Kedia

The classics are the ones from before the Ninth Doctor. At the very beginning of Doctor Who a.k.a. when it was apparently meant to be an educational show - it was apparently rubbish, both because a) day and age it was made in and b) bleh, education.

It steadily got better over time and as they added in Daleks and Cybermen and monsters and lots of companions and made it more about adventures than just being educational, but obviously, even though the storylines obviously got much better - they couldn't really be compared visually to the newer ones. Some of the classic episodes of Doctor Who are also completely unavailable due to the fact tapes used to be taped over which resulted in the loss of around 60 episodes I think. Maybe more.

Regardless, watching the old ones is not needed to understand the newer ones - there are some references to the old ones very rarely though which you can just look up as necessary.

The only thing you really need to know while entering the newer Doctor Who is that the Doctor regenerates, there was an old series, and that the Doctor encountered in season 1 of the newer Doctor Who is the ninth incarnation.
Hello~ I'd like to sneak in and grab a ticket before the raffle ends!
Hello~ I'd like to sneak in and grab a ticket before the raffle ends!
RVCJPrX.pngtumblr_ntp809tUrM1ueyht5o2_100.png
I'd love to enter! What wonderful prizes!!! It was so nice to all of you!
I'd love to enter! What wonderful prizes!!! It was so nice to all of you!
bzEU9i1.pngWjoRtbD.pngXRLXA9U.pngCVzOFR1.pngFIJXDaD.pngybAHpix.pngCinckn8.pngDWI9puz.pngCEWCcsR.png8UYUyIT.pngHNrePE5.pngE3sjxsi.pngr40kQDf.pngQJAOLGp.pngFF7sHLD.png
I would like to last-minute enter, please!
I would like to last-minute enter, please!
@Metallokinetic

We'll see. :-P

Does hulu or any other free (and safe) internet site have it?

@brilliantsky @Mikaze @Rozga

You've been added! Welcome! :-)

@MoogleSam

So, which Doctor do you think I should start with?

Also, does hulu or any other free (and safe) internet site have it?
@Metallokinetic

We'll see. :-P

Does hulu or any other free (and safe) internet site have it?

@brilliantsky @Mikaze @Rozga

You've been added! Welcome! :-)

@MoogleSam

So, which Doctor do you think I should start with?

Also, does hulu or any other free (and safe) internet site have it?
@Aurumeye

I'm glad that the raffle turned out so well. :-)

We now have enough prizes that everyone should get a prize. If somehow more than 57 people join before 6pm tonight, I'll make consolation prizes. However, I'm expecting that we'll have more prizes than entries, so some people may win twice. :-)

It's amazing how generous people are on here! When the prizes entries started to catch up with the number of prizes, I requested more donations, and I ended up getting almost 100 more donations! And some of them were big donations too!

It's the main reason I love Flight Rising so much- the people are so nice. ^.^

Oh, and you've been added by the way. :-)

@dragonlove27

I have last-minute entered you. :-P

Welcome!
@Aurumeye

I'm glad that the raffle turned out so well. :-)

We now have enough prizes that everyone should get a prize. If somehow more than 57 people join before 6pm tonight, I'll make consolation prizes. However, I'm expecting that we'll have more prizes than entries, so some people may win twice. :-)

It's amazing how generous people are on here! When the prizes entries started to catch up with the number of prizes, I requested more donations, and I ended up getting almost 100 more donations! And some of them were big donations too!

It's the main reason I love Flight Rising so much- the people are so nice. ^.^

Oh, and you've been added by the way. :-)

@dragonlove27

I have last-minute entered you. :-P

Welcome!
@kedia Hulu plus has the classics, and netflix has the newer ones! ;) [img]https://31.media.tumblr.com/b59baa18d55491cbe1637c036ae3acd3/tumblr_inline_nd8393j1ai1rgb1eo.gif[/img]
@kedia Hulu plus has the classics, and netflix has the newer ones! ;)

tumblr_inline_nd8393j1ai1rgb1eo.gif
unknown.png
I would like a ticket
I would like a ticket
@Kedia

That's so insane!! And amazing! I've never been on a site with such a great community. I feel like I already have a good idea how amazing it is and I've only been here a few days!

Just.. Wow! I already never wanted to leave, and now I never want to do anything else! It's so rare to come by a site with such a loving base, you know?

Really, thank you all so much for this!
@Kedia

That's so insane!! And amazing! I've never been on a site with such a great community. I feel like I already have a good idea how amazing it is and I've only been here a few days!

Just.. Wow! I already never wanted to leave, and now I never want to do anything else! It's so rare to come by a site with such a loving base, you know?

Really, thank you all so much for this!
bzEU9i1.pngWjoRtbD.pngXRLXA9U.pngCVzOFR1.pngFIJXDaD.pngybAHpix.pngCinckn8.pngDWI9puz.pngCEWCcsR.png8UYUyIT.pngHNrePE5.pngE3sjxsi.pngr40kQDf.pngQJAOLGp.pngFF7sHLD.png
@Metallokinetic

Well I don't have hulu plus or Netflix (and there's no way I'm getting either. I refuse).

So too bad. :-P

@Malryx

You've been added! Welcome!

@Aurumeye

You're welcome!

I have to admit, thought, this site is addicting. Which is not a good thing since I'm in med school.

But hey, since I love the community, it's ok to get addicted and waste time when I don't have it...right? :-P
@Metallokinetic

Well I don't have hulu plus or Netflix (and there's no way I'm getting either. I refuse).

So too bad. :-P

@Malryx

You've been added! Welcome!

@Aurumeye

You're welcome!

I have to admit, thought, this site is addicting. Which is not a good thing since I'm in med school.

But hey, since I love the community, it's ok to get addicted and waste time when I don't have it...right? :-P
1 2 ... 47 48 49 50 51 ... 111 112