Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Tell me about your cats!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Proud owner of a 3 year old undersized tux and a 4 year old deaf white here. Tell me everything about your kitties!

Both my cats are rescues. I got my tuxedo first - she was rescued after stowing away in a friend's mom's lease car. I was phoned almost immediately because I'd wanted a cat and said yes please. Shortly after we almost lost her to a shelter due to a misunderstanding with my friend's mom. Long story short, I got to pick her up the next day. She was emaciated, had fleas and was very shy about people. Due to the malnutrition she's always been really small and most people think she's still a kitten. For the past year she's has a persistent hot spot on her inner thigh, which means she needs to wear a cone to prevent serious injuries until it has healed 100%. Hopefully it's only a couple weeks more! She plays fetch with me when I throw her favorite mouse toy and she frequently drops it near me to ask for fetch. She's really smart and loving and basically a ragdoll who tolerates everything you do to her.

My white cat came a couple of months after I got my tuxedo cat. He got adopted by my friend but got into constant fights with her other tom. After 2 months of trying to make it work she called me upset, asking if I wanted to take him in as he got along so well with my first cat. I said yes and he's been mine since. It's been a long road because he is a special needs cat being deaf. They need a different way of being raised and corrected and they can be very loud. He's everyone's best friend and loves to snuggle and play with kids.

Fun fact: almost 75% of all white cats are deaf or have hearing problems. Blue eyed cats tend to have full deafness more often, and when a cat has two different eye colors, the deafness tends to be on the side of the blue eye. But green and yellow eyed cats can be deaf too. It's a gene mutation, and they are technically not white. Their main coat is a different color, but due to the gene mutation the white coloration becomes fully dominant, resulting in pristine white cats with high chances of hearing defects.

Both of them get along excellently, although they really enjoy alone time as well. They are harness trained and walk on a leash (which is good because they're indoor cats) and go with me to visit friends and family quite often. They are socialized with other cats, dogs and ferrets and very calm overall! They are carrier trained (presenting the carrier makes them walk into it and stay put) but they prefer riding my car without a carrier. I hook their harness up to a dog seat belt tether for their own safety. For some reason they like sticking their head out of the window while I drive. (I swear they're cats!) I clip their nails and they are so docile they never bite or swipe at anyone, not even poking and prodding small children.

And now for picture time. :)

IY5qPRD.jpg
Sympathy cone!

n2oEr7h.jpg
Car rides are fun and relaxing. Usually they just nap during the drive.

YOSPXMv.jpg
Enjoying a carrier nap

yqbioBu.jpg
Or two
Proud owner of a 3 year old undersized tux and a 4 year old deaf white here. Tell me everything about your kitties!

Both my cats are rescues. I got my tuxedo first - she was rescued after stowing away in a friend's mom's lease car. I was phoned almost immediately because I'd wanted a cat and said yes please. Shortly after we almost lost her to a shelter due to a misunderstanding with my friend's mom. Long story short, I got to pick her up the next day. She was emaciated, had fleas and was very shy about people. Due to the malnutrition she's always been really small and most people think she's still a kitten. For the past year she's has a persistent hot spot on her inner thigh, which means she needs to wear a cone to prevent serious injuries until it has healed 100%. Hopefully it's only a couple weeks more! She plays fetch with me when I throw her favorite mouse toy and she frequently drops it near me to ask for fetch. She's really smart and loving and basically a ragdoll who tolerates everything you do to her.

My white cat came a couple of months after I got my tuxedo cat. He got adopted by my friend but got into constant fights with her other tom. After 2 months of trying to make it work she called me upset, asking if I wanted to take him in as he got along so well with my first cat. I said yes and he's been mine since. It's been a long road because he is a special needs cat being deaf. They need a different way of being raised and corrected and they can be very loud. He's everyone's best friend and loves to snuggle and play with kids.

Fun fact: almost 75% of all white cats are deaf or have hearing problems. Blue eyed cats tend to have full deafness more often, and when a cat has two different eye colors, the deafness tends to be on the side of the blue eye. But green and yellow eyed cats can be deaf too. It's a gene mutation, and they are technically not white. Their main coat is a different color, but due to the gene mutation the white coloration becomes fully dominant, resulting in pristine white cats with high chances of hearing defects.

Both of them get along excellently, although they really enjoy alone time as well. They are harness trained and walk on a leash (which is good because they're indoor cats) and go with me to visit friends and family quite often. They are socialized with other cats, dogs and ferrets and very calm overall! They are carrier trained (presenting the carrier makes them walk into it and stay put) but they prefer riding my car without a carrier. I hook their harness up to a dog seat belt tether for their own safety. For some reason they like sticking their head out of the window while I drive. (I swear they're cats!) I clip their nails and they are so docile they never bite or swipe at anyone, not even poking and prodding small children.

And now for picture time. :)

IY5qPRD.jpg
Sympathy cone!

n2oEr7h.jpg
Car rides are fun and relaxing. Usually they just nap during the drive.

YOSPXMv.jpg
Enjoying a carrier nap

yqbioBu.jpg
Or two
tumblr_n7s8adjjdc1sl6hkto1_500.png
I have two little, fluffy balls of love.
Magic: 8 year old black cat, gold eyes.
magic is my baby! I raised him and his little sis from about 8 weeks, from an unplanned, but not unwanted litter. The lady who owned the mother cat would of liked to keep them, but her age and house size did not agree. :(
he is a little sweetie, and very cuddly when he wants to be, and he is a traffic hunter. over the years we have had a range of mice and birds (don't get me started about the moor hen....) over the years, and a rat last week. he also likes to hunt thing like plastic bags, socks, underwire, cotton buds and my headphones (he owes me quite a lot of them. little demon.)

Bella: 8 year old black and white, green eyes
magic's sister. unlike her brother, Bella is a skitty little thing, who is very clingy to me, and to be honest, a little crazy.
another funny thing is the fact that she has a 'L' plate on her back, white on black, which has lead to a lot of jokes about her still learning to be a cat. (not true.. she knows how to be a cat. a crazy one.)
it probably did not help that she took a nasty tumble when she was 12 weeks (from the landing, to the laminate floor below) followed by a close call with a bus, which led to her being lost on my estate for about 6 hours soon after that.....
8 years on, she still runs a mile at he sound of a bus.
I have two little, fluffy balls of love.
Magic: 8 year old black cat, gold eyes.
magic is my baby! I raised him and his little sis from about 8 weeks, from an unplanned, but not unwanted litter. The lady who owned the mother cat would of liked to keep them, but her age and house size did not agree. :(
he is a little sweetie, and very cuddly when he wants to be, and he is a traffic hunter. over the years we have had a range of mice and birds (don't get me started about the moor hen....) over the years, and a rat last week. he also likes to hunt thing like plastic bags, socks, underwire, cotton buds and my headphones (he owes me quite a lot of them. little demon.)

Bella: 8 year old black and white, green eyes
magic's sister. unlike her brother, Bella is a skitty little thing, who is very clingy to me, and to be honest, a little crazy.
another funny thing is the fact that she has a 'L' plate on her back, white on black, which has lead to a lot of jokes about her still learning to be a cat. (not true.. she knows how to be a cat. a crazy one.)
it probably did not help that she took a nasty tumble when she was 12 weeks (from the landing, to the laminate floor below) followed by a close call with a bus, which led to her being lost on my estate for about 6 hours soon after that.....
8 years on, she still runs a mile at he sound of a bus.
*place egg here*-->
tumblr_inline_n69vi2Ef021qlye38.gif
I've had this dynasty of cats my whole life, but now we're on the third generation and I think that'll be it. Top: is Cappuccino, he's an unusually big 9 year old that loves to playfight with my dog that's three times as big as him - and when he's all tired out he prefers to rest on peoples shoulder, rather than the conventional lap. Bottom: is Patch, she's the old nugget that just turned 13 on Thursday. She's the mother of a bunch of cats I still see all the time, including Cappa. In the morning she's often heard meowing at the top of her lungs for some milk. [center][img]http://i58.tinypic.com/e7ggsm.png[/img][/center]
I've had this dynasty of cats my whole life, but now we're on the third generation and I think that'll be it.

Top: is Cappuccino, he's an unusually big 9 year old that loves to playfight with my dog that's three times as big as him - and when he's all tired out he prefers to rest on peoples shoulder, rather than the conventional lap.

Bottom: is Patch, she's the old nugget that just turned 13 on Thursday. She's the mother of a bunch of cats I still see all the time, including Cappa. In the morning she's often heard meowing at the top of her lungs for some milk.
e7ggsm.png
11uje4i.gif
I have an 8 year old tortoiseshell named Mew. She's my princess. My dad brought her home as a birthday gift for my 10th birthday and she's bonded with me very strongly! She's a very vocal, demanding and physically needy cat..lol. When it comes to myself at least. She isn't as touchy with other members of my household. She loves to snuggle with me and climbs into my lap any chance she gets. She'll sit and watch Netflix with me in bed and she even likes to "spoon" (I'll lay on my side and she stretches out along my stomach over one of my arms and I'll put the other over her haha). If I'm not paying attention to her she'll follow me around and "chirp" and meow at me until I do. If I'm upstairs shut up in my room she's ok as long as my dad or brother is home and downstairs with her...otherwise she cries until somebody gives her attention.

I gotta go shower and get ready for class, but I'll come back with pics! :)
I have an 8 year old tortoiseshell named Mew. She's my princess. My dad brought her home as a birthday gift for my 10th birthday and she's bonded with me very strongly! She's a very vocal, demanding and physically needy cat..lol. When it comes to myself at least. She isn't as touchy with other members of my household. She loves to snuggle with me and climbs into my lap any chance she gets. She'll sit and watch Netflix with me in bed and she even likes to "spoon" (I'll lay on my side and she stretches out along my stomach over one of my arms and I'll put the other over her haha). If I'm not paying attention to her she'll follow me around and "chirp" and meow at me until I do. If I'm upstairs shut up in my room she's ok as long as my dad or brother is home and downstairs with her...otherwise she cries until somebody gives her attention.

I gotta go shower and get ready for class, but I'll come back with pics! :)
kUQI1O8.png ♥ 21
♥ fr +2
♥ g1/g2 lore clan
one of my cats is a racoon but dont tell animal control
one of my cats is a racoon but dont tell animal control
6kN0bTT.png
c: We have a nearly 3 year old cat called Jack.
We wanted a cat pretty much our whole life but was never allowed one. Then our mum's boyfriend's brother ended up with kittens. He bought two (probably sibling, extra fun there) cats off a random guy and never got them spayed/neutered. They've been done now :P
She went to see them a lot and ended up falling in love. Since they were having trouble finding homes for them we took one :D
We were told she was a male so we called her Jack. She's not a male.
She's harness trained and we've also been clicker training her, but we keep forgetting and stuff so she doesn't know many tricks :D
She used to prefer being near people but not on them, she's recently decided to be more of a lap cat.
1z2lspf.jpg
c: We have a nearly 3 year old cat called Jack.
We wanted a cat pretty much our whole life but was never allowed one. Then our mum's boyfriend's brother ended up with kittens. He bought two (probably sibling, extra fun there) cats off a random guy and never got them spayed/neutered. They've been done now :P
She went to see them a lot and ended up falling in love. Since they were having trouble finding homes for them we took one :D
We were told she was a male so we called her Jack. She's not a male.
She's harness trained and we've also been clicker training her, but we keep forgetting and stuff so she doesn't know many tricks :D
She used to prefer being near people but not on them, she's recently decided to be more of a lap cat.
1z2lspf.jpg
cg2G1xD.gif
tumblr_inline_ngqv6bbPaQ1rvrguk.pngtumblr_inline_n1581tzliY1rvrguk.png
My cat, Maowee, was originally a rescue cat. Her first owners were very neglectful, so she ended up with a family friend. When my friend had to go travelling, she was given to me. She's half burmese, half tabby, about 5 years old now, and quite a calm, quiet thing. My friend often meditates and chants and stuff (she and my mum are both Bhuddists), so she ends up hanging out with my mum she she meditates and chants. She likes to sit with me out in the backyard, or she sits up on the balcony and just watches things happen. Nearly every night she sleeps with me, she likes to rest her head against my legs or tummy. She's also made it a habit to wake up at about 6am and tap my face so I can feed her. [img]http://33.media.tumblr.com/340070ff97fd5707026d1c2dd30eae0d/tumblr_ndf3ksEnnL1qi5r4zo1_500.jpg[/img]
My cat, Maowee, was originally a rescue cat. Her first owners were very neglectful, so she ended up with a family friend. When my friend had to go travelling, she was given to me. She's half burmese, half tabby, about 5 years old now, and quite a calm, quiet thing. My friend often meditates and chants and stuff (she and my mum are both Bhuddists), so she ends up hanging out with my mum she she meditates and chants.

She likes to sit with me out in the backyard, or she sits up on the balcony and just watches things happen. Nearly every night she sleeps with me, she likes to rest her head against my legs or tummy. She's also made it a habit to wake up at about 6am and tap my face so I can feed her.

tumblr_ndf3ksEnnL1qi5r4zo1_500.jpg
163mug.png
~~They/Them/Their ~~+11hrs~~
Aww, they all look so cute
Aww, they all look so cute
That was weird, it only posted the first sentence of my long post O.O
That was weird, it only posted the first sentence of my long post O.O
I got my two cats back in January. I found them in a shelter, apparently the original owner left them, their other siblings, and their mother outside next to an abandoned farm during the winter (This was the winter where it got to -60 in some places where I live). Thankfully, a family found them and took care of them until there was room in the shelter. The rest of their family seemed to have already gotten adopted and they were the only two left. Anyways Pictures: So I named them Sherlock Holmes and John Watson [img]http://i.imgur.com/aj5Thwz.png[/img] ^This is when I first got them^ [img]http://i.imgur.com/PZ3UUXz.png[/img] ^They like to sleep next to eachother^ [img]http://i.imgur.com/C1ssv6V.png[/img] ^Sherlock is the one with the brown nose, John has the white nose^
I got my two cats back in January. I found them in a shelter, apparently the original owner left them, their other siblings, and their mother outside next to an abandoned farm during the winter (This was the winter where it got to -60 in some places where I live). Thankfully, a family found them and took care of them until there was room in the shelter. The rest of their family seemed to have already gotten adopted and they were the only two left.

Anyways Pictures:
So I named them Sherlock Holmes and John Watson
aj5Thwz.png
^This is when I first got them^
PZ3UUXz.png
^They like to sleep next to eachother^
C1ssv6V.png
^Sherlock is the one with the brown nose, John has the white nose^
O3S1Vcc.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7