Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Economy fix suggjestion
1 2
So this has been mine and several friends observation, and a sever turn off. We all finally got off our dragons cooldowns and made gorgeous babies that we'd planed for all month, only to watch the prices of our breeds go down RAPIDLY by the DAY and have not risen, instead continue to drop and our babies have not sold. Pretty colors on 'rare' breeds or gened, it doesn't seem to matter. our babies aren't selling and in order to essentially get rid of them we have to drop their prices down to outrageously low for what should be considered a rare breed.

Now... I think i see where the problem is coming, at this point everyone's found the colors they want, but instead of scrambling to get the money together to try and buy it on the breed they want, they find it on a cheap CHEAP starter breed. and then take their time saving up the treasure for a breed change scroll.

Wildclaws have it the worst. you pay $20 real life money for a dragon that has a 35 day cooldown, and the babies can't even sell for 100k treasure. That isn't even paying back a quarter of what you spent to breedchange the dragon. in fact at this point no rare breed dragons are selling for what they should...... except Imperials.

why is this? because of breed change scrolls. you can't breedchange for imperials. So people have a HIGH demand for them. any of them. they want them.

Now for the point, the part everyone's going to hate, at this point a great deal of people have breed changed for these other rare breeds, i'm pretty sure there's enough of them to get the colors we want out of the babies. I believe the best option at this point would be to take away breed change scrolls. perhaps only temporarily, if not permanently off the market, so they are not so readily available. perhaps make them a rare item on it, or only a rare drop from pinkertons pile or the Colosseum. Either way. to make the breeds 'rare' again and help their value, I see this as one of the few options or else the economy is going to crash entirely with people just casually saving up for the breed change scrolls, and then not being able to sell and ultimately.... stop playing.

I really do hate making this suggestion as i have Several dragons I plan to breed change myself.... but I really hate seeing the economy drop this dramatically. I would like to see it be worth while to actually continue breeding. I'd be willing to make this sacrifice to see it happen.
So this has been mine and several friends observation, and a sever turn off. We all finally got off our dragons cooldowns and made gorgeous babies that we'd planed for all month, only to watch the prices of our breeds go down RAPIDLY by the DAY and have not risen, instead continue to drop and our babies have not sold. Pretty colors on 'rare' breeds or gened, it doesn't seem to matter. our babies aren't selling and in order to essentially get rid of them we have to drop their prices down to outrageously low for what should be considered a rare breed.

Now... I think i see where the problem is coming, at this point everyone's found the colors they want, but instead of scrambling to get the money together to try and buy it on the breed they want, they find it on a cheap CHEAP starter breed. and then take their time saving up the treasure for a breed change scroll.

Wildclaws have it the worst. you pay $20 real life money for a dragon that has a 35 day cooldown, and the babies can't even sell for 100k treasure. That isn't even paying back a quarter of what you spent to breedchange the dragon. in fact at this point no rare breed dragons are selling for what they should...... except Imperials.

why is this? because of breed change scrolls. you can't breedchange for imperials. So people have a HIGH demand for them. any of them. they want them.

Now for the point, the part everyone's going to hate, at this point a great deal of people have breed changed for these other rare breeds, i'm pretty sure there's enough of them to get the colors we want out of the babies. I believe the best option at this point would be to take away breed change scrolls. perhaps only temporarily, if not permanently off the market, so they are not so readily available. perhaps make them a rare item on it, or only a rare drop from pinkertons pile or the Colosseum. Either way. to make the breeds 'rare' again and help their value, I see this as one of the few options or else the economy is going to crash entirely with people just casually saving up for the breed change scrolls, and then not being able to sell and ultimately.... stop playing.

I really do hate making this suggestion as i have Several dragons I plan to breed change myself.... but I really hate seeing the economy drop this dramatically. I would like to see it be worth while to actually continue breeding. I'd be willing to make this sacrifice to see it happen.
Sadly, it won't change a thing in the long run. I was just talking with my hubby about how the dragon inflation has ruined the prices, and that we're missing a good sink (sorry if this wording offends anyone btw).

Because, in all honesty, the multiplication of dragons isn't an issue of breeds, but a general one. What's the use if we take away the breeding scrolls, only to have normal dragons worth zilch?
What we really need is to make dragon exalting (in any form) more worthwhile. I sadly can't come up with a good idea as to how, but maybe others might have better suggestions on how this could be achieved - either through RL experience in economy or from experience drawn from other games, as inflation and goldsinks (and all other sorts of sinks) are a very common issue in online games.

As it looks right now, we're simply heading to the point of exalting for 1k+ being the going rate for most dragons. And sooner or later, imperials will take the same way, as more are created over time, creating more babies, which in turn create more, and so on.
Sadly, it won't change a thing in the long run. I was just talking with my hubby about how the dragon inflation has ruined the prices, and that we're missing a good sink (sorry if this wording offends anyone btw).

Because, in all honesty, the multiplication of dragons isn't an issue of breeds, but a general one. What's the use if we take away the breeding scrolls, only to have normal dragons worth zilch?
What we really need is to make dragon exalting (in any form) more worthwhile. I sadly can't come up with a good idea as to how, but maybe others might have better suggestions on how this could be achieved - either through RL experience in economy or from experience drawn from other games, as inflation and goldsinks (and all other sorts of sinks) are a very common issue in online games.

As it looks right now, we're simply heading to the point of exalting for 1k+ being the going rate for most dragons. And sooner or later, imperials will take the same way, as more are created over time, creating more babies, which in turn create more, and so on.
@Zaliena perhaps actually having exalting give some amount of treasure in return? :/

as is the rare breeds should actually be RARE and the starter breeds are supposed to be basically that.... trash for fodder. that's how most of these breeding games are. unless they have decent genes on them or something incredibly rare they aren't worth anything and typically used for the exalting thing that needs to give more benefit. I agree with this too.

but the only way to make the rare dragons more rare, is to..... get rid of what makes them not worth anything. because people can just buy cheap dragons and lazily save up bit by bit for the scrolls and not giving anything back to the economy. no ones buying. people are leaving the game :/

as for imperials i do not see the rarity or the economy drooping for them ANY time soon as it takes a month to breed them and there are no scrolls. its the only thing that's worth anything on the market. yes perhaps it time where there are more and more but also consider... there will be more and more people and more and more demand. and to do this with the other breeds will make the game more interesting for breeders. at this point those without imperials feel completely helpless.
@Zaliena perhaps actually having exalting give some amount of treasure in return? :/

as is the rare breeds should actually be RARE and the starter breeds are supposed to be basically that.... trash for fodder. that's how most of these breeding games are. unless they have decent genes on them or something incredibly rare they aren't worth anything and typically used for the exalting thing that needs to give more benefit. I agree with this too.

but the only way to make the rare dragons more rare, is to..... get rid of what makes them not worth anything. because people can just buy cheap dragons and lazily save up bit by bit for the scrolls and not giving anything back to the economy. no ones buying. people are leaving the game :/

as for imperials i do not see the rarity or the economy drooping for them ANY time soon as it takes a month to breed them and there are no scrolls. its the only thing that's worth anything on the market. yes perhaps it time where there are more and more but also consider... there will be more and more people and more and more demand. and to do this with the other breeds will make the game more interesting for breeders. at this point those without imperials feel completely helpless.
@JaktheDrox
The prices on imperials will drop over time, because of the multiplication. There is no way around it, as it works like a pyramid, with hardly any dropping out of the system (except for when people quit, are banned or decide to retire their dragons from breeding). So while it will go slower, it will eventually catch up to the others if there is no sink stopping it and all resort to breeding those like crazy (as they are the only ones that can be sold for large amounts of treasure/gems) until they are so common that the market will become satiated.
And no, I don't think this will happen all too soon, but if no solution is found, it eventually will.

And exalting does give a bit of treasure, but not much, to prevent us from just mass breeding and exalting in order to earn tons of treasure. They also give a bit more once you've leveled them, but most aren't that patient (me included ^^).

What will help a bit is bringing in new breeds and genes, but I'm still a bit stumped as to what could be done in the long run.
@JaktheDrox
The prices on imperials will drop over time, because of the multiplication. There is no way around it, as it works like a pyramid, with hardly any dropping out of the system (except for when people quit, are banned or decide to retire their dragons from breeding). So while it will go slower, it will eventually catch up to the others if there is no sink stopping it and all resort to breeding those like crazy (as they are the only ones that can be sold for large amounts of treasure/gems) until they are so common that the market will become satiated.
And no, I don't think this will happen all too soon, but if no solution is found, it eventually will.

And exalting does give a bit of treasure, but not much, to prevent us from just mass breeding and exalting in order to earn tons of treasure. They also give a bit more once you've leveled them, but most aren't that patient (me included ^^).

What will help a bit is bringing in new breeds and genes, but I'm still a bit stumped as to what could be done in the long run.
@Zaliena Okay hold on. let me explain a thing LOL

I'm one of those rediculous people that have done multiple breeding games, I've done horses on Second life, as well as Meeroos, I've also done neopets.

now Flightrizing has thankfully taken a different approach to breeding. The imperials are a perfect example however of how rare breeding works in these other sort of breeding games i've done.

Now this is how it usually goes..... you have your starter breeds. with their skins is what you get, however they have a second skin and second traits, your taking a gamble, they could be a rare skin or a rare trait or both.... or they could be starter skins and starter traits.... if you happen to get a rare trait right off the bat you have something that's extremely valuable cus other breeders want them to mix with what they have to make more valuable babies. Thus the economy grows. People pay a lot of money for those rare breeds, it lasts awhile. (like it is with the imperials) over time the value of them goes down and down and down. to the point there's more of these things than there is demand and they aren't worth anything anymore. Like your explaining here. HOWEVER, by the time this happens? new breeds and new content has been released, thus the cycle repeats.

The problem here however is... it's been what? 3 months? if that? there has hardly been any time to get started in the game let alone make new content.... and the virtual economy and value of these dragons is already taking an economical crash to the point of, it costs more to buy the boons and the genes that it does to sell them. So people are going to stop before they even get involved.

since this is a 100% controlled system, there is no 'surprise' gambling except for the fact that you may get between 1-5 hatchlings....you know exactly what your going to get out of these babies if planed for it, why is anyone going to buy babies with the genes and the breeds when they can just save up and put it on the dragons they want themselves with scrolls endlessly? Does this make more sense? I worry overall for the long term outcome for this game, new content isn't going to be able to be released fast enough if the economy for them crashes this dramatically. If the breeds and traits are not chanced by the linage of the dragons but biased fully on what you see on the outside. Then the scrolls need to only be temporary long enough to get the breeds out in the system before taking them out to make the value of them more worth while and last more long term.

Does that make a bit more sense?
@Zaliena Okay hold on. let me explain a thing LOL

I'm one of those rediculous people that have done multiple breeding games, I've done horses on Second life, as well as Meeroos, I've also done neopets.

now Flightrizing has thankfully taken a different approach to breeding. The imperials are a perfect example however of how rare breeding works in these other sort of breeding games i've done.

Now this is how it usually goes..... you have your starter breeds. with their skins is what you get, however they have a second skin and second traits, your taking a gamble, they could be a rare skin or a rare trait or both.... or they could be starter skins and starter traits.... if you happen to get a rare trait right off the bat you have something that's extremely valuable cus other breeders want them to mix with what they have to make more valuable babies. Thus the economy grows. People pay a lot of money for those rare breeds, it lasts awhile. (like it is with the imperials) over time the value of them goes down and down and down. to the point there's more of these things than there is demand and they aren't worth anything anymore. Like your explaining here. HOWEVER, by the time this happens? new breeds and new content has been released, thus the cycle repeats.

The problem here however is... it's been what? 3 months? if that? there has hardly been any time to get started in the game let alone make new content.... and the virtual economy and value of these dragons is already taking an economical crash to the point of, it costs more to buy the boons and the genes that it does to sell them. So people are going to stop before they even get involved.

since this is a 100% controlled system, there is no 'surprise' gambling except for the fact that you may get between 1-5 hatchlings....you know exactly what your going to get out of these babies if planed for it, why is anyone going to buy babies with the genes and the breeds when they can just save up and put it on the dragons they want themselves with scrolls endlessly? Does this make more sense? I worry overall for the long term outcome for this game, new content isn't going to be able to be released fast enough if the economy for them crashes this dramatically. If the breeds and traits are not chanced by the linage of the dragons but biased fully on what you see on the outside. Then the scrolls need to only be temporary long enough to get the breeds out in the system before taking them out to make the value of them more worth while and last more long term.

Does that make a bit more sense?
That's why new dragons are being added -- people will save up for those scrolls, and people will really want them, because they're new. It's a fascinating turn that everyone seems to forget.
That's why new dragons are being added -- people will save up for those scrolls, and people will really want them, because they're new. It's a fascinating turn that everyone seems to forget.
@bloodspun no i haven't forgotten. but by the time they are released people will be gone. that's what i'm trying to point out ._. and those new dragons wont last long. how is the single artist they have doing all the art and having to make ALL the items again on a new breed supposed to get by with less than three month's to release a new breed and get everything attached to it?

there is only ONE artist for this game, with the rise and fall of this economy being that fast and that dramatic, they aren&#039;t going to be able to keep up with that sort of demand. that&#039;s suicide for any artist. ._. I do not want to put that sort of due stress on Neodragon for the demand for new breeds and new content. as well as the other developers who have to make all that coding in that short of a time. There needs to be a way to draw it out longer and make it more enjoyable long term or these creators are going to work their fingers to the bone. ><
@bloodspun no i haven&#039;t forgotten. but by the time they are released people will be gone. that&#039;s what i&#039;m trying to point out ._. and those new dragons wont last long. how is the single artist they have doing all the art and having to make ALL the items again on a new breed supposed to get by with less than three month&#039;s to release a new breed and get everything attached to it?

there is only ONE artist for this game, with the rise and fall of this economy being that fast and that dramatic, they aren&#039;t going to be able to keep up with that sort of demand. that&#039;s suicide for any artist. ._. I do not want to put that sort of due stress on Neodragon for the demand for new breeds and new content. as well as the other developers who have to make all that coding in that short of a time. There needs to be a way to draw it out longer and make it more enjoyable long term or these creators are going to work their fingers to the bone. ><
i&#039;m speaking as a professional artist myself who does it for a living. ._.
i&#039;m speaking as a professional artist myself who does it for a living. ._.
Lastly, i forgot to mention but I think is pretty ideal to add on.

Starter breeds in other breeding games latter became retired. there were new starter breeds released and you could no longer get the old ones except from breeding or finding some one who still had some (that weren&#039;t retired and unable to breed anymore) the value of them suddenly skyrocketed back up sending the economy back full circle into the desire for the old breeds that became far more valuable again.

it might be something to take into consideration as well. Giving the dragons a expiration point. and retiring the original breeds. since so many will be exalted. if/when the time comes their value will go up as if they were a new breed of dragon in themselves simply by doing this alone.
Lastly, i forgot to mention but I think is pretty ideal to add on.

Starter breeds in other breeding games latter became retired. there were new starter breeds released and you could no longer get the old ones except from breeding or finding some one who still had some (that weren&#039;t retired and unable to breed anymore) the value of them suddenly skyrocketed back up sending the economy back full circle into the desire for the old breeds that became far more valuable again.

it might be something to take into consideration as well. Giving the dragons a expiration point. and retiring the original breeds. since so many will be exalted. if/when the time comes their value will go up as if they were a new breed of dragon in themselves simply by doing this alone.
There are two artists, actually, and two coders. And people "won&#039;t be gone." This game is not short term. It took me a good solid three days of coli grinding to get scrolls, though it probably could have taken me less if I was able to grind the fairgrounds.

Personally, I think this is much ado about nothing -- I can still make money, but it just takes longer. Maybe if we just realize that the coli can generally give decent payout, people will stop worrying so much. The economy isn&#039;t /broken/, it&#039;s simply slowed down a great deal. And again, this game isn&#039;t fast paced, so why are we worrying?
There are two artists, actually, and two coders. And people "won&#039;t be gone." This game is not short term. It took me a good solid three days of coli grinding to get scrolls, though it probably could have taken me less if I was able to grind the fairgrounds.

Personally, I think this is much ado about nothing -- I can still make money, but it just takes longer. Maybe if we just realize that the coli can generally give decent payout, people will stop worrying so much. The economy isn&#039;t /broken/, it&#039;s simply slowed down a great deal. And again, this game isn&#039;t fast paced, so why are we worrying?
1 2