Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Familiar Dress-Ups!:D
Just a fun suggestion.

But.

Why do we not have familar items?

We need familiar items! Bow ties, scarves, mustaches!

All the items!

ALL OF THEM.
Just a fun suggestion.

But.

Why do we not have familar items?

We need familiar items! Bow ties, scarves, mustaches!

All the items!

ALL OF THEM.
tumblr_nl9b5zO8up1ssnvh6o9_500.png
This would be fun except that there's like, wayy too many familiars and not all of them could wear all the apparel appropriately ;u; I'd rather see effort put into more dragon apparel!

fun idea nonetheless!
This would be fun except that there's like, wayy too many familiars and not all of them could wear all the apparel appropriately ;u; I'd rather see effort put into more dragon apparel!

fun idea nonetheless!
ubEceFW.png
[quote name="rustycakes" date="2014-09-10 18:19:25"]This would be fun except that there's like, wayy too many familiars and not all of them could wear all the apparel appropriately ;u; I'd rather see effort put into more dragon apparel! fun idea nonetheless![/quote] This. Cute as it would be, that's 216 different images for just one piece of apparel, plus one for every new familiar we get. If I had to draw a bow tie upwards of 216 times I'd never want to draw again.
rustycakes wrote on 2014-09-10 18:19:25:

fun idea nonetheless!
This. Cute as it would be, that's 216 different images for just one piece of apparel, plus one for every new familiar we get. If I had to draw a bow tie upwards of 216 times I'd never want to draw again.
9121892.png xxxxx
qLQeTFk.gif
xxxxx
ARAxlYW.png
oxDm2Un.png
FObX7rS.png
nWiQNX9.png
mlHpBMC.png
NQ1Ze0S.png
haha i was thinking the opposite, dressing your dragons up like the familiars
haha i was thinking the opposite, dressing your dragons up like the familiars
this is not a forum signature
Perhaps rather than familiar dress-ups, a selection of changes for certain familiars?

For example, a Steam Gyre, and a Crowned Bonepriest (Since they're the first two familiars that I awakened). The Steam Gyre might have options like "Freckle" or "Spectacle", so I could give its back some freckles, or I could give it some spectacles.

The Bonepriest, on the other hand, might have options like "War paint" or "Bloodspatter", that gives it different painted looks.

Steam Gyre wouldn't have War Paint, Bonepriest wouldn't have spectacles. Maybe three slots for about nine different designs. It's still a lot to draw, I grant you, but it would be less than drawing a bunch of items for the TONS of familiars that we have, and adding more constantly. That way there would be a degree of customization (You'll still run into similar-looking familiars, admittedly) but with less hassle.

I'd also suggest that this option only be available to awakened familiars, that way we can see that a familiar is very special to a dragon, because it's become something more than what it used to be. (It would give us a reason to still have awakened familiars equipped to the dragons that earned them, as well as potentially making the various combinations rarer, though there would still be the option to leave your familiar looking exactly the way it arrived, or change them at any time after they've been awakened).

I'd also like the possibility of equipping more than one familiar to a dragon, just to have all my familiars on dragons, and let dragons have more than one special pet. (Even if I have to pay gems to unlock more slots, like with apparel, I'd be cool with that!) but that's probably another suggestions thread altogether.

EDIT:

To clarify my "three slots, nine designs" idea:

Imagine the slots are "Head", "Body", and "Tail" (just for sake of explanation).

On a Steam Gyre, the options for "Head" might be "Feathered", "Glow", or "Spectacle"
The options for "Body" might be "Speckled", "Inner Glow", or "Striped"
The options for "Tail" might be "Peacock", "Magpie" or "Cockatoo"
(I pulled all those names from thin air, they're by no means finished suggestions).

Aside from the standard "Normal" look for each slot (No change to head, no change to body, no change to tail), you could mix-and-match between the three slots, but you could only have one of the options from the three slots.

EG: You could have Feathered, Inner Glow, Magpie; you could have Normal, Striped, Cockatoo; you could have Glow, Inner Glow, Peacock, etc. You could NOT have Feathered and Glow, because they'd be on the same slot type (head).

I hope that makes sense. I thought it seemed much easier in the long run than trying to draw X number of bows for every familiar and then every one after. Some slight customizable variants without getting absurd. I don't know if it would be more or less work, but I thought it might be a suggestion, and it seemed like less work in the long run to me.
Perhaps rather than familiar dress-ups, a selection of changes for certain familiars?

For example, a Steam Gyre, and a Crowned Bonepriest (Since they're the first two familiars that I awakened). The Steam Gyre might have options like "Freckle" or "Spectacle", so I could give its back some freckles, or I could give it some spectacles.

The Bonepriest, on the other hand, might have options like "War paint" or "Bloodspatter", that gives it different painted looks.

Steam Gyre wouldn't have War Paint, Bonepriest wouldn't have spectacles. Maybe three slots for about nine different designs. It's still a lot to draw, I grant you, but it would be less than drawing a bunch of items for the TONS of familiars that we have, and adding more constantly. That way there would be a degree of customization (You'll still run into similar-looking familiars, admittedly) but with less hassle.

I'd also suggest that this option only be available to awakened familiars, that way we can see that a familiar is very special to a dragon, because it's become something more than what it used to be. (It would give us a reason to still have awakened familiars equipped to the dragons that earned them, as well as potentially making the various combinations rarer, though there would still be the option to leave your familiar looking exactly the way it arrived, or change them at any time after they've been awakened).

I'd also like the possibility of equipping more than one familiar to a dragon, just to have all my familiars on dragons, and let dragons have more than one special pet. (Even if I have to pay gems to unlock more slots, like with apparel, I'd be cool with that!) but that's probably another suggestions thread altogether.

EDIT:

To clarify my "three slots, nine designs" idea:

Imagine the slots are "Head", "Body", and "Tail" (just for sake of explanation).

On a Steam Gyre, the options for "Head" might be "Feathered", "Glow", or "Spectacle"
The options for "Body" might be "Speckled", "Inner Glow", or "Striped"
The options for "Tail" might be "Peacock", "Magpie" or "Cockatoo"
(I pulled all those names from thin air, they're by no means finished suggestions).

Aside from the standard "Normal" look for each slot (No change to head, no change to body, no change to tail), you could mix-and-match between the three slots, but you could only have one of the options from the three slots.

EG: You could have Feathered, Inner Glow, Magpie; you could have Normal, Striped, Cockatoo; you could have Glow, Inner Glow, Peacock, etc. You could NOT have Feathered and Glow, because they'd be on the same slot type (head).

I hope that makes sense. I thought it seemed much easier in the long run than trying to draw X number of bows for every familiar and then every one after. Some slight customizable variants without getting absurd. I don't know if it would be more or less work, but I thought it might be a suggestion, and it seemed like less work in the long run to me.
Returning after a long hiatus, a lot has changed!
Please be patient while I get used to things again :)
I'd agree with other people, but drawing bows especially that small won't be that hard.

It's just the matter with the server that might create a lagging problem.
I do support backgrounds and stuff, though, that shouldn't be a problem and you wouldn't have to load so many images at once.
I'd agree with other people, but drawing bows especially that small won't be that hard.

It's just the matter with the server that might create a lagging problem.
I do support backgrounds and stuff, though, that shouldn't be a problem and you wouldn't have to load so many images at once.