Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | 中文 谈谈
1 2 3
Can't help much xD And I'm supposed to be a native speaker too. Well, Singaporean Chinese, anyway. I know less Chinese than a 12 year old. Anyway, jia you and good luck :)
Can't help much xD And I'm supposed to be a native speaker too. Well, Singaporean Chinese, anyway. I know less Chinese than a 12 year old. Anyway, jia you and good luck :)
LRGcw0O.gifnJTGYTQ.pngA0h640T.gif
I'm a native speaker, not so much a native writer/reader since I only had the capacity to read the first sentence, but!! Good on you! And good luck!

你的中文很好。

For me at least uwu
I'm a native speaker, not so much a native writer/reader since I only had the capacity to read the first sentence, but!! Good on you! And good luck!

你的中文很好。

For me at least uwu
tumblr_osj9l6G4Fp1s8qczso1_r3_540.png
@Renoki 谢谢!
@PopteenPrincess
I found learning to speak Japanese was much easier than Chinese as it has easier sounds - there's only really the elongated vowels rather than the four different tones which can get really confusing for english speakers because that's not how our brain works.
@Renoki 谢谢!
@PopteenPrincess
I found learning to speak Japanese was much easier than Chinese as it has easier sounds - there's only really the elongated vowels rather than the four different tones which can get really confusing for english speakers because that's not how our brain works.
L0edoWp.png
xx Ash
He/Him

nosy little bugger aren't you?
this
mUX6LmV.gif
@Popteenprincess hopefully I can get into the right mindset then! The way you describe Kanji does make it sound really beautifully : )

@Ashenhartkrie I find the idea of the four tonal shifts in Chinese intimidating which is the ultimate deterrent for me. Plus the writing system. Granted Japanese does have some tone shift stuff as well, just not as much as Chinese languages.
@Popteenprincess hopefully I can get into the right mindset then! The way you describe Kanji does make it sound really beautifully : )

@Ashenhartkrie I find the idea of the four tonal shifts in Chinese intimidating which is the ultimate deterrent for me. Plus the writing system. Granted Japanese does have some tone shift stuff as well, just not as much as Chinese languages.
tumblr_ngrmnjlNu11shujpio1_500.png
@Ashenhartkrie [quote]我的中文很不好。 我 学习 中问 在 学校。 我 想 成为 好。[/quote] Try: [quote]我的中文不好。 我在 学校 学习 中问 。 我 想 成为 好。[/quote] 很不 doesn't work out grammatically; you could say 很错 though I think. (And I'm not familiar with 成为 but I assume it's right. Or 谈谈, I would've said 说说.) Sentence order: Subject + time + adverb + place + verb + object. 我是美国人,也不说得很好。这是我第二年学中文,第三年学阿拉伯语,第一年学日文。 I'm only in 201 level, but I'm pretty good at it, and you can ask me questions or chat with me if you'd like (though I'll tell you if I don't know something, lol).
@Ashenhartkrie
Quote:
我的中文很不好。 我 学习 中问 在 学校。 我 想 成为 好。

Try:
Quote:
我的中文不好。 我在 学校 学习 中问 。 我 想 成为 好。

很不 doesn't work out grammatically; you could say 很错 though I think. (And I'm not familiar with 成为 but I assume it's right. Or 谈谈, I would've said 说说.)

Sentence order:

Subject + time + adverb + place + verb + object.

我是美国人,也不说得很好。这是我第二年学中文,第三年学阿拉伯语,第一年学日文。

I'm only in 201 level, but I'm pretty good at it, and you can ask me questions or chat with me if you'd like (though I'll tell you if I don't know something, lol).
@Velyanthe

Ah thanks :) I wasn't quite sure which one to do so I just went with 谈谈。

我的 中文 考试 星期五。 我 担心。
我 是 澳大利亚人。

is it ok if I chuck a F.R your way?
@Velyanthe

Ah thanks :) I wasn't quite sure which one to do so I just went with 谈谈。

我的 中文 考试 星期五。 我 担心。
我 是 澳大利亚人。

is it ok if I chuck a F.R your way?
L0edoWp.png
xx Ash
He/Him

this
mUX6LmV.gif
@Ashenhartkrie

You certainly may! (Forgot 是 after 考试.)
@Ashenhartkrie

You certainly may! (Forgot 是 after 考试.)
@Velyanthe

asdfghjkl my grammar is terrible
@Velyanthe

asdfghjkl my grammar is terrible
L0edoWp.png
xx Ash
He/Him

this
mUX6LmV.gif
我在大学学中文学了两年,但是一年没学中文了,所以现在我的中文不好。我应该练习!

Wow, that was tough :-)
(I studied chinese for two years at my university, but I haven't studied it for a year. So now my Chinese is not great. I should practice!)

你用什么书学中文?

(What book do you use to study chinese?)
我在大学学中文学了两年,但是一年没学中文了,所以现在我的中文不好。我应该练习!

Wow, that was tough :-)
(I studied chinese for two years at my university, but I haven't studied it for a year. So now my Chinese is not great. I should practice!)

你用什么书学中文?

(What book do you use to study chinese?)
@Jaibhairo

sobbing i don't have my own computer atm so i can't change the damn keyboard settings or mum will kill me

I don't know which book our class uses to study Chinese.
So.. pinyin I guess is

WÇ’ bù'zhÄ«dào!

xD

also i have no idea how to use windows 8 D:
@Jaibhairo

sobbing i don't have my own computer atm so i can't change the damn keyboard settings or mum will kill me

I don't know which book our class uses to study Chinese.
So.. pinyin I guess is

WÇ’ bù'zhÄ«dào!

xD

also i have no idea how to use windows 8 D:
L0edoWp.png
xx Ash
He/Him

this
mUX6LmV.gif
1 2 3