Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | New fairgrounds game needed
1 2
So I typically dislike complaining. However, the tiles in Shock Switch are beginning to appear in my nightmares. So I was thinking that a new fairgrounds game would be epic. I personally was thinking a shooting type game. Not like a first person shooter but a scrolling, multi-wave, 50 enemies vs. your player type game. Kinda like Galaga or Space Invader. I've read all the lore that I can find for Flight Rising and I had an idea. I think that the coolest option would be a game in which the Lightweaver uses a combination of Bright Bolts and Blinding Slashes to vanquish the forces of The Shade. After all, the game has been out a while and, other than the mention of The Shade in the lore, there really isn't a huge threat from The Shade at all. I drew up a picture of what I had in mind and I'll attempt to post it later.

Anyway, what does everyone else think? Thoughts? Concerns? Other Suggestions?
So I typically dislike complaining. However, the tiles in Shock Switch are beginning to appear in my nightmares. So I was thinking that a new fairgrounds game would be epic. I personally was thinking a shooting type game. Not like a first person shooter but a scrolling, multi-wave, 50 enemies vs. your player type game. Kinda like Galaga or Space Invader. I've read all the lore that I can find for Flight Rising and I had an idea. I think that the coolest option would be a game in which the Lightweaver uses a combination of Bright Bolts and Blinding Slashes to vanquish the forces of The Shade. After all, the game has been out a while and, other than the mention of The Shade in the lore, there really isn't a huge threat from The Shade at all. I drew up a picture of what I had in mind and I'll attempt to post it later.

Anyway, what does everyone else think? Thoughts? Concerns? Other Suggestions?
When they talk of the blazing spirit and searing passion of the dragons of the Flamecaller...THEY ARE REFERRING TO ME!!!!!!!
@LucroTheGreat, thread moved to Suggestions forum. If you were intending for this to be more of a discussion thread and not a serious suggestion, let me know and I'll move it to FR Discussion.
@LucroTheGreat, thread moved to Suggestions forum. If you were intending for this to be more of a discussion thread and not a serious suggestion, let me know and I'll move it to FR Discussion.
Volunteer Moderator
If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback regarding moderation please feel free to use the Contact Us form. These submissions are viewed solely by the Flight Rising staff, not the volunteer moderator group.
XRwFykP.png

@Alphaeon, Oh hey thanks for moving this actually. I looked for it a bit and got kinda lazy... X( Sorry for the trouble
@Alphaeon, Oh hey thanks for moving this actually. I looked for it a bit and got kinda lazy... X( Sorry for the trouble
When they talk of the blazing spirit and searing passion of the dragons of the Flamecaller...THEY ARE REFERRING TO ME!!!!!!!
Though those types games aren't usually my favourites to play, I would love to see this implemented. I'm always in support of new games on this site! ^^
Though those types games aren't usually my favourites to play, I would love to see this implemented. I'm always in support of new games on this site! ^^
winner winner 3478.png
Support! I'd love a new game and that sounds pretty fun.
Support! I'd love a new game and that sounds pretty fun.
I'd love to see Glittermama fighting the forces of Shade, that sounds like fun times, and seems like it'd have some cute design! I could also see it focusing around the Arcanist, possibly organizing his observatory or something. :P Heck, it could just about have unlockable flight god characters, for all I mind. I love new games ideas! (I had to stop playing Shock Switch because I caught myself imagining how to rearrange my keyboard a few too many times. I feel your pain!)
I'd love to see Glittermama fighting the forces of Shade, that sounds like fun times, and seems like it'd have some cute design! I could also see it focusing around the Arcanist, possibly organizing his observatory or something. :P Heck, it could just about have unlockable flight god characters, for all I mind. I love new games ideas! (I had to stop playing Shock Switch because I caught myself imagining how to rearrange my keyboard a few too many times. I feel your pain!)
Returning after a long hiatus, a lot has changed!
Please be patient while I get used to things again :)
@Butzefrau, Seriously though! Sometimes I just close my eyes and they're there! I've come to despise that game just because it makes me so much money T-T.

I've always really likes scrolling shooter games and specifically the ones with thousands of bullets/enemies or the ones that include upgrades. Also, I really do like the idea of the unlockable Dragon Gods as you play
@Butzefrau, Seriously though! Sometimes I just close my eyes and they're there! I've come to despise that game just because it makes me so much money T-T.

I've always really likes scrolling shooter games and specifically the ones with thousands of bullets/enemies or the ones that include upgrades. Also, I really do like the idea of the unlockable Dragon Gods as you play
Further refining of this idea: Make the unlocked Dragon gods have different effects. Give Stormcatcher a lightning shield (damages nearby enemies), give Shadowbinder limited immunity to smaller shots (her natural affinity for darkness protects her somewhat from the Shade's influence), give Plaguebringer (or maybe Gladekeeper/both?) limited regeneration, etc. You could even have each God's shots act differently! Earthshaker's Mighty Pillar, a slow-firing, hugely-damaging, piercing shot with a large hit box; Tidelord's Crashing Wake, a double-sine-wave-shaped beam; Flamecaller's Infinite Rage, a constant beam of energy that does little damage comparatively but fires ultra fast; so on and so forth.

Another game Idea came to me after reading this edition of WotW. What if they took the 'Parasite Dragon' trend that's going around now and turned it into an RPG? We could use our hoard & coliseum equipment in the game, and the story could be about the parasite dragons actually being creatures of the Shade (remnants? minions?) trying to bring it back. I don't think the levels gained should apply to the coli, though. It should be a separate level system (besides, most RPG's go up to much more than level 25). Or, there was another site I used to play on where they had an RPG for treasure (its equivalent, anyway) where you played as a game-generated character (so for example instead of using our own Dragons, use the characters/inventory provided buy the game itself. This would definitely be easier to program), and players were awarded treasure (and even some rare items) for leveling up and completing quests within the game.
Further refining of this idea: Make the unlocked Dragon gods have different effects. Give Stormcatcher a lightning shield (damages nearby enemies), give Shadowbinder limited immunity to smaller shots (her natural affinity for darkness protects her somewhat from the Shade's influence), give Plaguebringer (or maybe Gladekeeper/both?) limited regeneration, etc. You could even have each God's shots act differently! Earthshaker's Mighty Pillar, a slow-firing, hugely-damaging, piercing shot with a large hit box; Tidelord's Crashing Wake, a double-sine-wave-shaped beam; Flamecaller's Infinite Rage, a constant beam of energy that does little damage comparatively but fires ultra fast; so on and so forth.

Another game Idea came to me after reading this edition of WotW. What if they took the 'Parasite Dragon' trend that's going around now and turned it into an RPG? We could use our hoard & coliseum equipment in the game, and the story could be about the parasite dragons actually being creatures of the Shade (remnants? minions?) trying to bring it back. I don't think the levels gained should apply to the coli, though. It should be a separate level system (besides, most RPG's go up to much more than level 25). Or, there was another site I used to play on where they had an RPG for treasure (its equivalent, anyway) where you played as a game-generated character (so for example instead of using our own Dragons, use the characters/inventory provided buy the game itself. This would definitely be easier to program), and players were awarded treasure (and even some rare items) for leveling up and completing quests within the game.
@Drakonar, Great ideas! Albeit these ideas could both be potentially frustrating. But hey!
I would DEFINITELY prefer complicated over tedious. *coughshockswitchcough* Love the different move sets idea for the dragon Gods. The parasite dragon thing has been confusing me, but It still sounds like a good idea.

ALSO! To anyone curious about the pictures I said I would post regarding my ideas, I should have it by tomorrow. I'm lazy :P
@Drakonar, Great ideas! Albeit these ideas could both be potentially frustrating. But hey!
I would DEFINITELY prefer complicated over tedious. *coughshockswitchcough* Love the different move sets idea for the dragon Gods. The parasite dragon thing has been confusing me, but It still sounds like a good idea.

ALSO! To anyone curious about the pictures I said I would post regarding my ideas, I should have it by tomorrow. I'm lazy :P
@Drakonar

Support. This is wonderful idea.
@Drakonar

Support. This is wonderful idea.
This is what I've come to be.

This is what I shouldn't be.

This is what I want to be.
1 2