Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Maintenance Announcement Banner
1 2
So last night I was on until 3 am server time, and yet somehow didn't know about maintenance until I woke up today and found I couldn't access anything on Flight Rising. Going back to the news page, I noticed that there had been a news post last night saying the site would be going down for maintenance, but because my screen is only so big, and because just one hour later, there was a new post about Xolos and skin viewing. This pushed the news about maintenance past what my monitor shows me. On top of that, there was no mention of the maintenance in the new post as well.

My suggestion is that any posts made about maintenance or the site going down be somewhere on the front page where if people don't scroll down, they're still aware of it going on. It was my own fault I missed it last night, but in the future I would like to see something like this added.
So last night I was on until 3 am server time, and yet somehow didn't know about maintenance until I woke up today and found I couldn't access anything on Flight Rising. Going back to the news page, I noticed that there had been a news post last night saying the site would be going down for maintenance, but because my screen is only so big, and because just one hour later, there was a new post about Xolos and skin viewing. This pushed the news about maintenance past what my monitor shows me. On top of that, there was no mention of the maintenance in the new post as well.

My suggestion is that any posts made about maintenance or the site going down be somewhere on the front page where if people don't scroll down, they're still aware of it going on. It was my own fault I missed it last night, but in the future I would like to see something like this added.
xxxxx
QQYyU47.pngtn0RSo5.png
CQ7Bbrl.pngz8s5c34.png
4PVRKCL.pngfX0bVgZ.png
rbqiEGB.pngRwPwJw9.png
y41plqc.pngebjDWAS.png
M8bsogX.png ZGbqOx7.png0onMt94.png
Honestly, there are a lot of people who don't check the first page at all. I think the majority of users who do check it will notice the 2 posts. Perhaps a better solution is sending out a ping like with dom, or putting it over the banner.
Honestly, there are a lot of people who don't check the first page at all. I think the majority of users who do check it will notice the 2 posts. Perhaps a better solution is sending out a ping like with dom, or putting it over the banner.
1qad2pq.jpg
It would be pretty cool and in-line with the site's aesthetic to make an alteration of the FR logo to go along with maintenance, with the word "maintenance" somewhere clear on it. All they'd have to do it pop it up there on maintenance days along with the news stories. Would also be a reminder to those who forget maintenance is going on.
It would be pretty cool and in-line with the site's aesthetic to make an alteration of the FR logo to go along with maintenance, with the word "maintenance" somewhere clear on it. All they'd have to do it pop it up there on maintenance days along with the news stories. Would also be a reminder to those who forget maintenance is going on.
Agreed. I though the same this this morning when I had to keep trying to guess wheto log in.
Agreed. I though the same this this morning when I had to keep trying to guess wheto log in.
Bad example:

29pyqog.png
Bad example:

29pyqog.png
1qad2pq.jpg
I support this.
I support this.
A little 'Maintenance' thing under the logo, like we get during Festivals, would be ideal.

I don't like the idea of a ping, because sometimes those don't even work. Putting it on the front page is fine, but there are a lot of people who can't be bothered to check the front page (and half the time it's not put there anyway).

Putting it on the little drop-down ticker thing is a no, because that thing is about as useful as an ashtray on a motorbike.

Little banner addition would be cool.
A little 'Maintenance' thing under the logo, like we get during Festivals, would be ideal.

I don't like the idea of a ping, because sometimes those don't even work. Putting it on the front page is fine, but there are a lot of people who can't be bothered to check the front page (and half the time it's not put there anyway).

Putting it on the little drop-down ticker thing is a no, because that thing is about as useful as an ashtray on a motorbike.

Little banner addition would be cool.
byGS9bb.png VtFVqTA.png
UK time. Sorry for timezone-related delays in responses. They/Them.
support the logo idea
support the logo idea
17539_s.gif
Support for logo.
Pings wouldn't work what about those who couldn't login we wouldn't get the ping. A little banner would be nice and unobtrusive
Support for logo.
Pings wouldn't work what about those who couldn't login we wouldn't get the ping. A little banner would be nice and unobtrusive
XcyS55e.png
I've seen banners used before. Just a simple red bar across the top of the screen giving warning that maintenance is going to start. It's rather annoying to suddenly lose what you were doing with no warning.
I've seen banners used before. Just a simple red bar across the top of the screen giving warning that maintenance is going to start. It's rather annoying to suddenly lose what you were doing with no warning.
Check out my Patreon!
1 2