Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Gimme song recs!
Go to previous page
Currently on page 1 Go to page 2
Go to next page
You there! Yes, you! I want your help to find new songs and artists to listen to! I'm one of those people who proudly boasts they will listen to anything and I like to think I mean it too. From orchestral to musicals to hyperpop to heavy metal, I'll give anything a try!

I want to hear about your favorite songs and albums to give me something new to listen to at work!

If "everything" is a little too intimidating, I've always said I really enjoy "cinematic" music. If I can picture an AMV or epic movie scene in my head to it I'm near guaranteed to like it!

I'm also especially looking for new country, metal, and folk music to enjoy since I think there's a lack of that in my library at the moment
You there! Yes, you! I want your help to find new songs and artists to listen to! I'm one of those people who proudly boasts they will listen to anything and I like to think I mean it too. From orchestral to musicals to hyperpop to heavy metal, I'll give anything a try!

I want to hear about your favorite songs and albums to give me something new to listen to at work!

If "everything" is a little too intimidating, I've always said I really enjoy "cinematic" music. If I can picture an AMV or epic movie scene in my head to it I'm near guaranteed to like it!

I'm also especially looking for new country, metal, and folk music to enjoy since I think there's a lack of that in my library at the moment
A digital art drawing of a blue furred tundra. He has a blue and gold magician's hat, a silver star earring and silver and blue wingdrapes. The background has a space pattern, also in blue.
The Crane Wives are really amazing! They're my absolute favorite so I'm probably a teeny bit biased lol.
They've got a really big "indie rock"/folk vibe!

I personally love all of their songs, but my personal favorites would have to be 'Hollow Moon,' 'The Hand That Feeds,' 'The Glacier House,' 'Shallow River,' and 'Steady, Steady!'
The Crane Wives are really amazing! They're my absolute favorite so I'm probably a teeny bit biased lol.
They've got a really big "indie rock"/folk vibe!

I personally love all of their songs, but my personal favorites would have to be 'Hollow Moon,' 'The Hand That Feeds,' 'The Glacier House,' 'Shallow River,' and 'Steady, Steady!'
:Mysterious Relief: item

» Formerly Ceruleanfire, Springfire
» She/Her
» +2 FR Time || Pings welcome!
oooh i love the Crane Wives, I'm going to suggest another song of theirs which is 'The Well'

I'm also going to recommend 'Vulture' by Bear Ghost and 'Starburner' by Steam Powered Giraffe
oooh i love the Crane Wives, I'm going to suggest another song of theirs which is 'The Well'

I'm also going to recommend 'Vulture' by Bear Ghost and 'Starburner' by Steam Powered Giraffe
9hqcHsy.png pAONOEc.png Of9K8xp.png
WYxPUv8.png G8AyR6r.png Y9A2W9I.png
V7wUqxW.png DoQJ9XF.png ObKos1f.png
6YtLZau.png LGvol4P.png oTHkN8q.png
2iKXjpB.png l8NOdbs.png
Haha, I'll have to put together a playlist of the Crane Wives and listen to it later

@Cyeayt Listened to 'Vulture' and I liked it! I kept expecting it to delve into metal, a lot of the first half of this song had an almost "tense" sort of feeling? Like it was always faking you out with a beat drop. I liked how it kinda blended a "indie-folk" sound with punk-like vocals. Not sure if that makes sense, but it's what it reminded me of lol. Either way, I enjoyed it!

As for 'Starburner,' I feel like I've heard of Steam Powered Giraffe before?? Not sure where since I don't recognize any of their songs lol. Anyways, on to the song itself: very fun! I love space-punk/space-vibe songs so so much (Starset my beloved <3) so this was a very enjoyable listen! My sibling recommended me a different "space opera" a while ago (The Bifrost Incident) and it was fun! An interesting mixture between podcasts, traditional songs, and musicals combined into something a little more experimental! All that to say, definitely saving The Vice Quadrant to listen to while I'm working tomorrow!

Thanks for the recs! :D
Haha, I'll have to put together a playlist of the Crane Wives and listen to it later

@Cyeayt Listened to 'Vulture' and I liked it! I kept expecting it to delve into metal, a lot of the first half of this song had an almost "tense" sort of feeling? Like it was always faking you out with a beat drop. I liked how it kinda blended a "indie-folk" sound with punk-like vocals. Not sure if that makes sense, but it's what it reminded me of lol. Either way, I enjoyed it!

As for 'Starburner,' I feel like I've heard of Steam Powered Giraffe before?? Not sure where since I don't recognize any of their songs lol. Anyways, on to the song itself: very fun! I love space-punk/space-vibe songs so so much (Starset my beloved <3) so this was a very enjoyable listen! My sibling recommended me a different "space opera" a while ago (The Bifrost Incident) and it was fun! An interesting mixture between podcasts, traditional songs, and musicals combined into something a little more experimental! All that to say, definitely saving The Vice Quadrant to listen to while I'm working tomorrow!

Thanks for the recs! :D
A digital art drawing of a blue furred tundra. He has a blue and gold magician's hat, a silver star earring and silver and blue wingdrapes. The background has a space pattern, also in blue.
*slams hands on desk-*

anytime i see asks for band recs i have to yap about mayday parade XD absolutely amazing rock band that i think are really underrated, plus they're good for imagining angsty cinematic oc movies to in my head :p

their debut album "a lesson in romantics" is definitely my fave, but i'm also a big fan of the songs "bruised and scarred", "three cheers for five years", and "ghosts" c:

also for folk bands, i'd recommend poor man's poison if you haven't found them yet! good folk band i've been a fan of for a couple years now. i'd definitely at least recommend my favorite album by them, "providence" :D

hope you find plenty of good music to listen to!
*slams hands on desk-*

anytime i see asks for band recs i have to yap about mayday parade XD absolutely amazing rock band that i think are really underrated, plus they're good for imagining angsty cinematic oc movies to in my head :p

their debut album "a lesson in romantics" is definitely my fave, but i'm also a big fan of the songs "bruised and scarred", "three cheers for five years", and "ghosts" c:

also for folk bands, i'd recommend poor man's poison if you haven't found them yet! good folk band i've been a fan of for a couple years now. i'd definitely at least recommend my favorite album by them, "providence" :D

hope you find plenty of good music to listen to!
aroacemith.png
My bestie is very eclectic music wise, and I've absorbed some of it.

Recommendations:

Malukah
(wonderful voice; I ran into her because she does a lot of songs based on video games)
I follow the moon Original by her
https://youtu.be/hbDx2FVd9e0

Thor the Chocolate Lab (her tribute to her pup - and who doesn't like pups?)
https://youtu.be/yVDTey-463o

an oldie but a goodie:

Rasputin by Boney D
there are other versions - this is the original
https://youtu.be/16y1AkoZkmQ

S.J. Tucker - a lot of off kilter stuff

KashKash - a sweet lullaby/cautionary tale
https://youtu.be/GA6niqWKxcU

Cheshire Kitten - you know - from Alice
https://youtu.be/2ueZo5i6GPg

My bestie is very eclectic music wise, and I've absorbed some of it.

Recommendations:

Malukah
(wonderful voice; I ran into her because she does a lot of songs based on video games)
I follow the moon Original by her
https://youtu.be/hbDx2FVd9e0

Thor the Chocolate Lab (her tribute to her pup - and who doesn't like pups?)
https://youtu.be/yVDTey-463o

an oldie but a goodie:

Rasputin by Boney D
there are other versions - this is the original
https://youtu.be/16y1AkoZkmQ

S.J. Tucker - a lot of off kilter stuff

KashKash - a sweet lullaby/cautionary tale
https://youtu.be/GA6niqWKxcU

Cheshire Kitten - you know - from Alice
https://youtu.be/2ueZo5i6GPg

w8o0xW1.pngjYu7GSS.png XdKddgH.png DC: SQ9MAS6.png FR+0
@crumchylettuce Oh man, Mayday Parade mention just slammed me back to my middle school self lol. Of all their albums, I've definitely heard more from "A Lesson in Romantics" than any of their others, but I haven't listened to the whole thing, I'll have to put some more of their songs on my lists!

I came across Poor Mans Poison after a few of their songs blew up online so I've only really heard their popular songs ("Feed the Machine" and "Hell's Comin' With Me") but I'll give "Providence" a listen through!

Thanks for the suggestions! :D

@Newtinmpls Ahh Malukah! I came across her for her Skyrim music, such a beautiful voice! I look forward to checking out those two songs! And Rasputin is certainly a classic and already in my liked songs lol

Never heard of S.J. Tucker before, but I listened to those two songs! "Cheshire Kitten" was fun! I love Alice in Wonderland and I always love seeing interpretations of it, this was certainly no exception. It was a catchy tune and the message of the song was fun! Saved! As for "KashKash" I liked it a lot. I liked how the repeating verses became more and more complex as the song went on, adding more voices and instruments to build towards the conclusion. It added a sense of... almost tension? to the song, as it physically built itself up and up, very well done. A simple concept but well-executed and a great listen

@crumchylettuce Oh man, Mayday Parade mention just slammed me back to my middle school self lol. Of all their albums, I've definitely heard more from "A Lesson in Romantics" than any of their others, but I haven't listened to the whole thing, I'll have to put some more of their songs on my lists!

I came across Poor Mans Poison after a few of their songs blew up online so I've only really heard their popular songs ("Feed the Machine" and "Hell's Comin' With Me") but I'll give "Providence" a listen through!

@Newtinmpls Ahh Malukah! I came across her for her Skyrim music, such a beautiful voice! I look forward to checking out those two songs! And Rasputin is certainly a classic and already in my liked songs lol

Never heard of S.J. Tucker before, but I listened to those two songs! "Cheshire Kitten" was fun! I love Alice in Wonderland and I always love seeing interpretations of it, this was certainly no exception. It was a catchy tune and the message of the song was fun! Saved! As for "KashKash" I liked it a lot. I liked how the repeating verses became more and more complex as the song went on, adding more voices and instruments to build towards the conclusion. It added a sense of... almost tension? to the song, as it physically built itself up and up, very well done. A simple concept but well-executed and a great listen

Crazy DNA - Benjamin Samuels
The end goes so dang hard
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtjdXLJyXsA
Crazy DNA - Benjamin Samuels
The end goes so dang hard
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtjdXLJyXsA
bc9c8507869f3113339dc451b11e787a3cdce193.png
e7d3661fd609c8e0e30ed5683250eec94d379811.png
Nine and a half minutes of STRAIGHT UP BOP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ni7wrzSwiDc
It's Alright, Pet Shop Boys
Nine and a half minutes of STRAIGHT UP BOP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ni7wrzSwiDc
It's Alright, Pet Shop Boys
gonna make a new sig again hold onto your pants
Ight time to scroll through my playlist
I kiiinda wen't a bit overboard with the amount of songs soo... The one's I think you should listen to first I bolded ^^

Suki Lie - ATARASHII GAKKO!
CANDY - ATARASHII GAKKO!
pineapple kryptonite - ATARASHII GAKKO!

Lent - Autoheart

The Attractions Of Youth (album) - Barns Courtney

Army of Me - Bjork

Champagne Ocean - Ehrling

Rolandskvadet - Erik Bye

At Atlier - FAKE TYPE.
La Primavera - FAKE TYPE.

How to Be a Human Being (album) - Glass Animals
ZABA (album) - Glass Animals

Becoming Insane - Infected Mushrooms
Change The Formality - Infected Mushrooms

Retrograde - Jason Richardson
Sparrow - Jason Richardson
Ishimura - Jason Richardson

A BEGINNER'S GUIDE TO FAKING YOUR DEATH - Jhriah

Bloom - j^p^n

Dance And Cry - Mother Mother
Carve A Name - Mother Mother
Touch Up (album) - Mother Mother

Dressed as Goblins - Nekrogoblikon

Don't Call Me Dude - Scatterbrain

Yada Yada - That Handsome Devil
Ight time to scroll through my playlist
I kiiinda wen't a bit overboard with the amount of songs soo... The one's I think you should listen to first I bolded ^^

Suki Lie - ATARASHII GAKKO!
CANDY - ATARASHII GAKKO!
pineapple kryptonite - ATARASHII GAKKO!

Lent - Autoheart

The Attractions Of Youth (album) - Barns Courtney

Army of Me - Bjork

Champagne Ocean - Ehrling

Rolandskvadet - Erik Bye

At Atlier - FAKE TYPE.
La Primavera - FAKE TYPE.

How to Be a Human Being (album) - Glass Animals
ZABA (album) - Glass Animals

Becoming Insane - Infected Mushrooms
Change The Formality - Infected Mushrooms

Retrograde - Jason Richardson
Sparrow - Jason Richardson
Ishimura - Jason Richardson

A BEGINNER'S GUIDE TO FAKING YOUR DEATH - Jhriah

Bloom - j^p^n

Dance And Cry - Mother Mother
Carve A Name - Mother Mother
Touch Up (album) - Mother Mother

Dressed as Goblins - Nekrogoblikon

Don't Call Me Dude - Scatterbrain

Yada Yada - That Handsome Devil
33722.png previously GenderlessCrow
DxCICZ1.pngEn8qlp1.png
XmHV7tO.pngP9aWhak.png
kBHm00y.pngKRcB6uC.png
XXX
"A little rag dolly, plain as can be, has a friend who's as lovely as you" - Rag Dolly by Joe Raposo
XXX
Go to previous page
Currently on page 1 Go to page 2
Go to next page