Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | the hatchling skin rules
1 2 3 4 5 6
I think healed scars are something that hatchlings should have, as far as anything else i don't really care if it gets allowed. Im heavily scared (Not traumatic ones, just from being a unlucky kid who ran through the woods often) and everyone ive known has scars, so i don't see why healed scars are a big deal, especially when most of the scars i have i got as a kid.

I do hope ppl can make ghost skins tho, as i think it would be fun to have little hatchling ghosts, but that's probably not gonna happen :<
I think healed scars are something that hatchlings should have, as far as anything else i don't really care if it gets allowed. Im heavily scared (Not traumatic ones, just from being a unlucky kid who ran through the woods often) and everyone ive known has scars, so i don't see why healed scars are a big deal, especially when most of the scars i have i got as a kid.

I do hope ppl can make ghost skins tho, as i think it would be fun to have little hatchling ghosts, but that's probably not gonna happen :<
9lxa0Qv.png
Hatchery

Art Shop

Skin Shop
plague.gif
pFh2ZjF.png
Sigh. I get it's not a topic. Like it's considered done without discussion but yeah.. The scars thing and the zombie thing are ok to me. I just don't do anything brutal in my skins then. That's okay. But the fashion rule.. I just don't get why the word can't be banned instead of the innocent fashion style of ribbons and dresses. The implication that putting a kid into a cute dress is also some sort of adult thing makes me think they just think its a f*tish thing and not something people actually wore or wear.
Sigh. I get it's not a topic. Like it's considered done without discussion but yeah.. The scars thing and the zombie thing are ok to me. I just don't do anything brutal in my skins then. That's okay. But the fashion rule.. I just don't get why the word can't be banned instead of the innocent fashion style of ribbons and dresses. The implication that putting a kid into a cute dress is also some sort of adult thing makes me think they just think its a f*tish thing and not something people actually wore or wear.
6OECEOe.pnglWOVJox.png
While I get where you all are coming from (covered in scars as a child who? lol), we probably shouldn't be discussed in the forums since it's about rules :\
While I get where you all are coming from (covered in scars as a child who? lol), we probably shouldn't be discussed in the forums since it's about rules :\
7fINQj7.gif
Singing between the trees
7e6L4te.png
Signature is a wip :)
[quote name="Monako" date="2024-05-17 01:56:47" ] Yeah of course, eh. I duno this entire thing with the rules all feels kinda icky. It's especially uncomfortable considering Lolita Fashion is a big part of Japan, and a bit misguided on the staffs side to relate the two. I genuinely don't understand how they came to the conclusion they arrived at. [/quote] I’m genuinely a little concerned at how they arrived at that conclusion, considering that lolita fashion has high similarities to actual victorian style children clothing — are they implying that when they see something inspired by actual children clothing, they think of adult themes??? XD isn’t this thought jump weird and borderline concerning??
Monako wrote on 2024-05-17 01:56:47:
Yeah of course, eh. I duno this entire thing with the rules all feels kinda icky.
It's especially uncomfortable considering Lolita Fashion is a big part of Japan, and a bit misguided on the staffs side to relate the two. I genuinely don't understand how they came to the conclusion they arrived at.

I’m genuinely a little concerned at how they arrived at that conclusion, considering that lolita fashion has high similarities to actual victorian style children clothing — are they implying that when they see something inspired by actual children clothing, they think of adult themes??? XD isn’t this thought jump weird and borderline concerning??

arcane_space_new_copy_by_cassiopie-dbkaj3c.png
[quote name="Tanglefire" date="2024-05-17 02:33:01" ] [quote name="Monako" date="2024-05-17 01:56:47" ] Yeah of course, eh. I duno this entire thing with the rules all feels kinda icky. It's especially uncomfortable considering Lolita Fashion is a big part of Japan, and a bit misguided on the staffs side to relate the two. I genuinely don't understand how they came to the conclusion they arrived at. [/quote] I’m genuinely a little concerned at how they arrived at that conclusion, considering that lolita fashion has high similarities to actual victorian style children clothing — are they implying that when they see something inspired by actual children clothing, they think of adult themes lol??? XD isn’t that even more weird then the skin design itself?? [/quote] [item=Demure Faderose Armoire] well...
Tanglefire wrote on 2024-05-17 02:33:01:
Yeah of course, eh. I duno this entire thing with the rules all feels kinda icky.
It's especially uncomfortable considering Lolita Fashion is a big part of Japan, and a bit misguided on the staffs side to relate the two. I genuinely don't understand how they came to the conclusion they arrived at.

I’m genuinely a little concerned at how they arrived at that conclusion, considering that lolita fashion has high similarities to actual victorian style children clothing — are they implying that when they see something inspired by actual children clothing, they think of adult themes lol??? XD isn’t that even more weird then the skin design itself??

Demure Faderose Armoire well...
5hF3FGk.png
FObX7rS.png
SYYY2E5.png
DxCICZ1.png
WANTED:
accent lava born
9170.png
[quote name="zirk" date="2024-05-17 02:34:14" ] [quote name="Tanglefire" date="2024-05-17 02:33:01" ] [quote name="Monako" date="2024-05-17 01:56:47" ] Yeah of course, eh. I duno this entire thing with the rules all feels kinda icky. It's especially uncomfortable considering Lolita Fashion is a big part of Japan, and a bit misguided on the staffs side to relate the two. I genuinely don't understand how they came to the conclusion they arrived at. [/quote] I’m genuinely a little concerned at how they arrived at that conclusion, considering that lolita fashion has high similarities to actual victorian style children clothing — are they implying that when they see something inspired by actual children clothing, they think of adult themes lol??? XD isn’t that even more weird then the skin design itself?? [/quote] [item=Demure Faderose Armoire] well... [/quote] Yeah well the fact that similar apparel already exists is XD Okay I guess we could argue that apparel are for adults only. Adults do have scar apparels as well and babies can’t. So adults having this bundle doesn’t mean babies can. Tbh I’m more uncomfortable about the projection that lolita fashion (which bares high similarities to actual children clothing), is something that the staff considers adult themed. Idk about you but if someone looked at a dress of ribbons and frills on a minor and went “oh no thats suggestive!” I’m calling the cops on them. [s]it’s even more funny when you think of what the actual book is about — the girl was dressing/acting normally, it’s the disgusting adult gaze that twists it all[/s]
zirk wrote on 2024-05-17 02:34:14:

I’m genuinely a little concerned at how they arrived at that conclusion, considering that lolita fashion has high similarities to actual victorian style children clothing — are they implying that when they see something inspired by actual children clothing, they think of adult themes lol??? XD isn’t that even more weird then the skin design itself??

Yeah well the fact that similar apparel already exists is XD
Okay I guess we could argue that apparel are for adults only. Adults do have scar apparels as well and babies can’t. So adults having this bundle doesn’t mean babies can.

Tbh I’m more uncomfortable about the projection that lolita fashion (which bares high similarities to actual children clothing), is something that the staff considers adult themed. Idk about you but if someone looked at a dress of ribbons and frills on a minor and went “oh no thats suggestive!” I’m calling the cops on them.

it’s even more funny when you think of what the actual book is about — the girl was dressing/acting normally, it’s the disgusting adult gaze that twists it all
arcane_space_new_copy_by_cassiopie-dbkaj3c.png
[quote name="Tanglefire" date="2024-05-17 02:42:12" ] [quote name="zirk" date="2024-05-17 02:34:14" ] [quote name="Tanglefire" date="2024-05-17 02:33:01" ] [quote name="Monako" date="2024-05-17 01:56:47" ] Yeah of course, eh. I duno this entire thing with the rules all feels kinda icky. It's especially uncomfortable considering Lolita Fashion is a big part of Japan, and a bit misguided on the staffs side to relate the two. I genuinely don't understand how they came to the conclusion they arrived at. [/quote] I’m genuinely a little concerned at how they arrived at that conclusion, considering that lolita fashion has high similarities to actual victorian style children clothing — are they implying that when they see something inspired by actual children clothing, they think of adult themes lol??? XD isn’t that even more weird then the skin design itself?? [/quote] [item=Demure Faderose Armoire] well... [/quote] Yeah well the fact that similar apparel already exists is XD Okay I guess we could argue that apparel are for adults only. Adults do have scar apparels as well and babies can’t. So adults having this bundle doesn’t mean babies can. Tbh I’m more uncomfortable about the projection that lolita fashion (which bares high similarities to actual children clothing), is something that the staff considers adult themed. Idk about you but if someone looked at a dress of ribbons and frills on a minor and went “oh no thats suggestive!” I’m calling the cops on them. [s]it’s even more funny when you think of what the actual book is about — the girl was dressing/acting normally, it’s the disgusting adult gaze that twists it all[/s] [/quote] [img]https://i.imgur.com/vfkAl94.jpg[/img] "Children 1856-1859, Plate 032"
Tanglefire wrote on 2024-05-17 02:42:12:

Okay I guess we could argue that apparel are for adults only. Adults do have scar apparels as well and babies can’t. So adults having this bundle doesn’t mean babies can.

Tbh I’m more uncomfortable about the projection that lolita fashion (which bares high similarities to actual children clothing), is something that the staff considers adult themed. Idk about you but if someone looked at a dress of ribbons and frills on a minor and went “oh no thats suggestive!” I’m calling the cops on them.

it’s even more funny when you think of what the actual book is about — the girl was dressing/acting normally, it’s the disgusting adult gaze that twists it all
vfkAl94.jpg
"Children 1856-1859, Plate 032"
[quote name="Monako" date="2024-05-17 02:50:38" ] [quote name="Tanglefire" date="2024-05-17 02:42:12" ] [quote name="zirk" date="2024-05-17 02:34:14" ] [quote name="Tanglefire" date="2024-05-17 02:33:01" ] [quote name="Monako" date="2024-05-17 01:56:47" ] Yeah of course, eh. I duno this entire thing with the rules all feels kinda icky. It's especially uncomfortable considering Lolita Fashion is a big part of Japan, and a bit misguided on the staffs side to relate the two. I genuinely don't understand how they came to the conclusion they arrived at. [/quote] I’m genuinely a little concerned at how they arrived at that conclusion, considering that lolita fashion has high similarities to actual victorian style children clothing — are they implying that when they see something inspired by actual children clothing, they think of adult themes lol??? XD isn’t that even more weird then the skin design itself?? [/quote] [item=Demure Faderose Armoire] well... [/quote] Yeah well the fact that similar apparel already exists is XD Okay I guess we could argue that apparel are for adults only. Adults do have scar apparels as well and babies can’t. So adults having this bundle doesn’t mean babies can. Tbh I’m more uncomfortable about the projection that lolita fashion (which bares high similarities to actual children clothing), is something that the staff considers adult themed. Idk about you but if someone looked at a dress of ribbons and frills on a minor and went “oh no thats suggestive!” I’m calling the cops on them. [s]it’s even more funny when you think of what the actual book is about — the girl was dressing/acting normally, it’s the disgusting adult gaze that twists it all[/s] [/quote] [img]https://i.imgur.com/vfkAl94.jpg[/img] "Children 1856-1859, Plate 032" [/quote] how dare you! this is family friendly website!
Monako wrote on 2024-05-17 02:50:38:
Tanglefire wrote on 2024-05-17 02:42:12:

vfkAl94.jpg
"Children 1856-1859, Plate 032"

how dare you! this is family friendly website!
5hF3FGk.png
FObX7rS.png
SYYY2E5.png
DxCICZ1.png
WANTED:
accent lava born
9170.png
[quote name="Kuroikumo" date="2024-05-17 02:16:01" ] [quote name="Monako" date="2024-05-17 01:56:47" ] Yeah of course, eh. I duno this entire thing with the rules all feels kinda icky. It's especially uncomfortable considering Lolita Fashion is a big part of Japan, and a bit misguided on the staffs side to relate the two. I genuinely don't understand how they came to the conclusion they arrived at. [/quote] this is really where i'm at....there is nothing sexual about lolita fashion, full stop. it's an entire subculture and it feels extremely misinformed to ban it, i would assume just based on the name. i'm more neutral on the scars thing. i think it's silly but ultimately i can at least understand what theyre getting at. but no lolita fashion? nah [/quote] as a member of the japanese community, i would seriously appreciate if people stopped equating lolita fashion with the book. the book has NOTHING to do with the fashion movement, and sharing a name shouldn't be enough to ban an entire subculture, especially since the lolita fashion movement was started [i]against [/i]the very thing portrayed in the book. i have to wonder if staff took any time to educate themselves before making broad statements about a country's culture like that. not being able to put kids in frilly dresses seems pretty ridiculous, since kids do/did very much dress like that? there's nothing inherently wrong with cute fashion on kids. if someone is drawing weird connotations from that,[i] they're[/i] the weirdo and we shouldn't normalise that by accommodating the rules to such types of people. i don't understand the scar ban either, because you can already create pretty monstrous, "suffering" hatchlings anyway with existing genes. plague primal looks like an open, festering infection. so will plague primal be forbidden on permababies now? will the ghost tert be banned on hatchlings because if zombies are forbidden on the basis of implying death, aren't ghosts and skeletons the same? i get wanting to avoid certain disturbing themes and elements from a site used by minors, but i also think the rules can get pretty nonsensical. if the hunchback of notre dame could be marketed as a movie for kids, i don't see how a hatchling having a perfectly healed scar or poofy dress would be seen as disturbing or controversial. i know they're going to lock this thread, but i hope they give some serious thought to the kinds of views they're perpetuating with these bans.
Kuroikumo wrote on 2024-05-17 02:16:01:

this is really where i'm at....there is nothing sexual about lolita fashion, full stop. it's an entire subculture and it feels extremely misinformed to ban it, i would assume just based on the name.

i'm more neutral on the scars thing. i think it's silly but ultimately i can at least understand what theyre getting at. but no lolita fashion? nah

as a member of the japanese community, i would seriously appreciate if people stopped equating lolita fashion with the book. the book has NOTHING to do with the fashion movement, and sharing a name shouldn't be enough to ban an entire subculture, especially since the lolita fashion movement was started against the very thing portrayed in the book. i have to wonder if staff took any time to educate themselves before making broad statements about a country's culture like that.

not being able to put kids in frilly dresses seems pretty ridiculous, since kids do/did very much dress like that? there's nothing inherently wrong with cute fashion on kids. if someone is drawing weird connotations from that, they're the weirdo and we shouldn't normalise that by accommodating the rules to such types of people.

i don't understand the scar ban either, because you can already create pretty monstrous, "suffering" hatchlings anyway with existing genes. plague primal looks like an open, festering infection. so will plague primal be forbidden on permababies now? will the ghost tert be banned on hatchlings because if zombies are forbidden on the basis of implying death, aren't ghosts and skeletons the same?

i get wanting to avoid certain disturbing themes and elements from a site used by minors, but i also think the rules can get pretty nonsensical. if the hunchback of notre dame could be marketed as a movie for kids, i don't see how a hatchling having a perfectly healed scar or poofy dress would be seen as disturbing or controversial.

i know they're going to lock this thread, but i hope they give some serious thought to the kinds of views they're perpetuating with these bans.
gEQYnxI.png
If Lolita fashion is inspired from real world Victorian children's attire, wouldn't creating skins based on Victorian children's attire be okay since it's the root and not the inspiration?

In any case, it wouldn't hurt to have a little more clarification about what is okay. I can't imagine ribbons and frills on their own are an issue?
If Lolita fashion is inspired from real world Victorian children's attire, wouldn't creating skins based on Victorian children's attire be okay since it's the root and not the inspiration?

In any case, it wouldn't hurt to have a little more clarification about what is okay. I can't imagine ribbons and frills on their own are an issue?
1 2 3 4 5 6