Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Kickstarter recolors
1 2
I just realized we have a recolor of [item= speedy] that’s readily available in the marketplace to purchase. This means other kickstarter items could be recolored eventually right? I’m now hoping for a silver idol to go along with the golden idol familiar. What items would you like to see recolored? was the recolor if speedy a one time thing?
I just realized we have a recolor of Speedy that’s readily available in the marketplace to purchase.
This means other kickstarter items could be recolored eventually right?

I’m now hoping for a silver idol to go along with the golden idol familiar.

What items would you like to see recolored? was the recolor if speedy a one time thing?
I don’t know what to put here
If I remember correctly, the files for many of the older items have been lost and so it’s not possible (or otherwise very difficult) to create recolors of them.
If I remember correctly, the files for many of the older items have been lost and so it’s not possible (or otherwise very difficult) to create recolors of them.
- G1s for sale
- LF any combo of abyss, copper, spruce and other dream g1s
[quote name="Osteoderm" date="2024-05-16 07:05:08" ] If I remember correctly, the files for many of the older items have been lost and so it’s not possible (or otherwise very difficult) to create recolors of them. [/quote] Oh man! That’s heartbreaking but does make sense. [emoji=skydancer sad size=1]My dream was to own the golden idol someday or a copy of it if it ever released
Osteoderm wrote on 2024-05-16 07:05:08:
Oh man! That’s heartbreaking but does make sense. My dream was to own the golden idol someday or a copy of it if it ever released
also speedy wasn't a kickstarter familiar. like the golden bantam fangar, it was a gift for unexpected and prolonged downtime. i don't remember which one though, might've been the thundercrack 2013 one?

what i'd like to know is, given that the fangar and speedy both got recolours, will we ever see a variation of the akirbeak?? (doubtful since it was named after akiri but fun to think about)
also speedy wasn't a kickstarter familiar. like the golden bantam fangar, it was a gift for unexpected and prolonged downtime. i don't remember which one though, might've been the thundercrack 2013 one?

what i'd like to know is, given that the fangar and speedy both got recolours, will we ever see a variation of the akirbeak?? (doubtful since it was named after akiri but fun to think about)
......................................... tumblr-pa5yx1-Ks-ZM1tecpo4o1-100.png ...
the reliquary
federation-Bar.png
''it's not over yet''
wishlistloreaccentsart
familiar collector • fr +8 • pears!
[quote name="reliquiaen" date="2024-05-16 07:14:15" ] also speedy wasn't a kickstarter familiar. like the golden bantam fangar, it was a gift for unexpected and prolonged downtime. i don't remember which one though, might've been the thundercrack 2013 one? what i'd like to know is, given that the fangar and speedy both got recolours, will we ever see a variation of the akirbeak?? (doubtful since it was named after akiri but fun to think about) [/quote] My apologies, I thought it was a Kickstarter item for some reason! I should have done some more research before posting
reliquiaen wrote on 2024-05-16 07:14:15:

My apologies, I thought it was a Kickstarter item for some reason! I should have done some more research before posting
nah mate don't worry about it. that's over ten years ago now yikes. it would be pretty cool to get recolours of the ks familiars. if the files are lost, maybe we could even get new posed versions too! like how we got new noggles in fun poses
nah mate don't worry about it. that's over ten years ago now yikes. it would be pretty cool to get recolours of the ks familiars. if the files are lost, maybe we could even get new posed versions too! like how we got new noggles in fun poses
......................................... tumblr-pa5yx1-Ks-ZM1tecpo4o1-100.png ...
the reliquary
federation-Bar.png
''it's not over yet''
wishlistloreaccentsart
familiar collector • fr +8 • pears!
I would like KS recolours but i wonder if that would affect like, KS prices at all. I find all the KS apparel specifically is pretty recognizable so giving them a recolour might feel "unfair". Not sure. Though i would like the familiar ones, They don't even need to be drawn with the same files but maybe release something like a "colourful skycat" where it's in a different pose and it's got bright plumage or something so there's like an obvious difference between the exclusive items and the new ones.
I would like KS recolours but i wonder if that would affect like, KS prices at all. I find all the KS apparel specifically is pretty recognizable so giving them a recolour might feel "unfair". Not sure. Though i would like the familiar ones, They don't even need to be drawn with the same files but maybe release something like a "colourful skycat" where it's in a different pose and it's got bright plumage or something so there's like an obvious difference between the exclusive items and the new ones.
xulc4O8.png
I think some of the KS items look so dated that I'd rather have the same concept redrawn in different colours than a recolor (gilded crown, I am looking at you).

It's already happened to the cranial hornelm, and I personally think the new skull items look better.
I think some of the KS items look so dated that I'd rather have the same concept redrawn in different colours than a recolor (gilded crown, I am looking at you).

It's already happened to the cranial hornelm, and I personally think the new skull items look better.
by-knighterrant.png
[quote]maybe release something like a "colourful skycat" where it's in a different pose and it's got bright plumage or something so there's like an obvious difference between the exclusive items and the new ones.[/quote] This!! FR, give us more varieties of skycat, pls!
Quote:
maybe release something like a "colourful skycat" where it's in a different pose and it's got bright plumage or something so there's like an obvious difference between the exclusive items and the new ones.

This!! FR, give us more varieties of skycat, pls!
MmSftql.png
There are so many items I'd love to see recoloured. It's a shame that the majority of first year and some of the second year item files were lost.

Though, I do feel that recolours are in no way a replacement for the real thing. They are just nice to have for matchy-aesthetic purposes.
There are so many items I'd love to see recoloured. It's a shame that the majority of first year and some of the second year item files were lost.

Though, I do feel that recolours are in no way a replacement for the real thing. They are just nice to have for matchy-aesthetic purposes.
shadow_banner.pngA shadowy dragon which is representative of Zenzic's persona. An original design.shadow_banner.png
Imagination is the reality of our dreamscape.
1 2