Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | What are your favorite genes? :0
1 2 3 4
primary: python easy. just look at my gen1 tab lol secondary: jester. it's just so pretty!! [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/76844423][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/768445/76844423_350.png[/img][/url] tertiary: i love runes, underbelly, ghost, capsule, etc. lots of good ones. I think runes is my favorite though!
primary: python easy. just look at my gen1 tab lol
secondary: jester. it's just so pretty!!
76844423_350.png
tertiary: i love runes, underbelly, ghost, capsule, etc. lots of good ones. I think runes is my favorite though!
lriUxTs.png
[font=optima] oh my gosh I have a lot of faves but I think when it comes to specific colors like [I]coal[/I] it's hands down fade and blend for primary and secondary. I also have a tab dedicated to coal fade/blend combos ^^ here's a few kiddos: [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/84593960][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/845940/84593960_350.png[/img][/url] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/71325277][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/713253/71325277_350.png[/img][/url] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/22690974][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/226910/22690974_350.png[/img][/url][/center]

oh my gosh I have a lot of faves but I think when it comes to specific colors like coal it's hands down fade and blend for primary and secondary. I also have a tab dedicated to coal fade/blend combos ^^

here's a few kiddos:
84593960_350.png
71325277_350.png
22690974_350.png
03_03.jpg
Ok so... hear me out. I have a lot. I tried to keep it brief. I promise. I just want to scream about all of my favorite genes. I am sorry in advance.

Primary/Secondary

Boa - Love love love the accent colors and the shape of this especially on more "snakey" breeds like spirals, bogsneaks, undertides etc.
Boulder/Myrid - Wonderful color modification to many colors I often struggle with! Can be a saviour of g1s. Pretty pattern
Chrysocolla/Malachite - I am obsessed. The colors are absolutely wonderful and on the right dragon they can create such fun effects. Took a bit to get into these, now cant have enough
Cinder/Blaze - What can I say, the accent colors are too good. Especially fond of Blaze on breeds like obelisks, wildclaws, aethers and such.
Blend - I prefer and use it over Fade, good gradient effect on wings, nice bit of color and sometimes all you need
Fern/Paisley - Color tone saviour just like Boulder/Myrid, plus the sheen effect on the underbelly is djfgkjdkljgdkjg
Flaunt/Flair - Shiny! Pretty! Colors! Patterns!
Ground/Fissure - Underrated. Good rock/statue gene
Metallic/Alloy - I am weak for metallic sheen and always will be
Weaver - Orb can often be problematic for me, but Weaver's black line markings are one of my favorite things ever, sometimes the colors are just wonderful.
Pharaoh/Sarcophagus - I love black color and I love the execution. Good. Excellent. Wonderful for contrast or subtle detailing. Versatile. Fun. Bonus points for combining this with Stained
Python - Good pattern, cheap, just works really often in many situations and has one of my favorite shapes
Ribbon - With the right color balance this works so nicely, easy to pair with underbelly genes or contour
Safari - Have you SEEN the stripe effects on the wings??? savannah is god tier too occasionally
Slime/Sludge - I AM NUMBER ONE SLIME SLUDGE FAN. I will forever defend this gene. I will die on the hill of SlimeSludge. It can be tar! Lava! Oil! Ice cream! Dragon after a bath! Goop! Whatever you want! The gradients!
Star/Con - But usually paired with stained, soap or filigree or sparkles
Striation - Big enjoyer of the pattern and colors of this secondary, I like using it to give different sort of effects and moods on the dragon
Tide/Foam - Highly versatile, pretty colors, fun patterns, good at saving unfortunate colors
Twinkle/Flicker - Shiny.
Mochlus/Riopa - I want this on every breed forever. I cant even begin to scream about it
Varnish/Lacquer - Entering my G1 savior toolkit! Subtle, good for variety of effects, affordable, pretty color palettes
Ragged/Tear - Honestly I just find the pattern and quite unique accents really cool here
Lode - I like geodes and minerals, really big fan of the subtle accent colors
Sailfish/Marlin - Would want these on everyone, I also like the differences between the primary and secondary. Very fun accent colors and usage
Arowana/Arapaima - Fish scales! Honestly really cool subtle gene
Wrought/Spire - I love the texture, it reminds me of slime/sludge but more solid
Wolf/Pack - I like the patterning and texture a lot
Shell/Web - Took a bit to get into this one but I really appreciate the accents and gradients here. Shell I only like on M pose veils though

Tertiary

Capsule - S tier S tier S tier S tier S tier
Firebreather - Whoa I find this so addicting and fun to scry, it looks sick on aberrations and bogsneaks
Flecks - Shiny metal sheen! Especially good on certain breeds like obes, imps, pearls, ridges, bogs...
Glimmer - I like metallic and shiny, have you noticed yet? Love that glimmer colors the horns. Often the horn colors bother me on dragons
Glowtail - Underrated! Love using this when applicable. Especially fond of it on aethers and aberrations. I even have a glowtail spiral project!
Opal - Pretty shiny rocks
Peacock - Tert saviour, surprising fun accent use, fun to play with accents and skins that work with this
Runes - Shiiny paws and horns! I can be picky about the side runes though
Stained - My beloved, more colors
Veined - UNDERRATED. I love vein patterns on dragons
Carnivore - Teeth! I like really monstrous and dangerous teeth. I like it best on aberrations and undertides. Not a fan of dusthide or aether execution
Flameforger - Fire good
Frills - Frills good, you look fancy
Riot - Spikes good. Bonus points for the little accent details
Space - SHEEN. Love the colors and the alien otherworldly feel of it. Like it more on F and H poses.
Starfall - Silly space aura
Stinger - I like stingers. I love scorpions. Danger tail!!
Batty - Bats.
Paradise - Have you SEEN my lair? I want matchy Paradise in nearly every color. Its addicting. I cannot stop
Fans - I really like stuff like fans, frills or anything that adds to the neck or back of dragons
Mistral - Probably my favorite fest gene tbh, especially on Banescales
Wraith - One of the reasons I love banes so much, the effect is spooky and fun to use
Spores - I need 100. Want on every breed.
Veil - Love effects like these, gorgeous
Gnarlhorns - Big! Horns! And! Claws!
Scorpion - I love scorpions part 2
Shardflank - I think you know my stance on stuff like this by now
Chitin - jksdljfkdsljf want on everything I am obsessed with the arm
Crest - Underrated! I love it on auraboa M pose.
Fishbone - yeah
Rockbreaker - rocks
Jellyfish - Translucent effects are fun and I hope this will be utilized more in the future! I want this on half of my undertides tbh. The small accent colors make me happy
Plating - I will forever defend this gene
Pufferfish - I like it ok
Sailfin - Yeah u know, the thing with fans and frills and fins and stuff
Trickmurk - Dark and goopy! Black accenting! Tert saviour!
Ok so... hear me out. I have a lot. I tried to keep it brief. I promise. I just want to scream about all of my favorite genes. I am sorry in advance.

Primary/Secondary

Boa - Love love love the accent colors and the shape of this especially on more "snakey" breeds like spirals, bogsneaks, undertides etc.
Boulder/Myrid - Wonderful color modification to many colors I often struggle with! Can be a saviour of g1s. Pretty pattern
Chrysocolla/Malachite - I am obsessed. The colors are absolutely wonderful and on the right dragon they can create such fun effects. Took a bit to get into these, now cant have enough
Cinder/Blaze - What can I say, the accent colors are too good. Especially fond of Blaze on breeds like obelisks, wildclaws, aethers and such.
Blend - I prefer and use it over Fade, good gradient effect on wings, nice bit of color and sometimes all you need
Fern/Paisley - Color tone saviour just like Boulder/Myrid, plus the sheen effect on the underbelly is djfgkjdkljgdkjg
Flaunt/Flair - Shiny! Pretty! Colors! Patterns!
Ground/Fissure - Underrated. Good rock/statue gene
Metallic/Alloy - I am weak for metallic sheen and always will be
Weaver - Orb can often be problematic for me, but Weaver's black line markings are one of my favorite things ever, sometimes the colors are just wonderful.
Pharaoh/Sarcophagus - I love black color and I love the execution. Good. Excellent. Wonderful for contrast or subtle detailing. Versatile. Fun. Bonus points for combining this with Stained
Python - Good pattern, cheap, just works really often in many situations and has one of my favorite shapes
Ribbon - With the right color balance this works so nicely, easy to pair with underbelly genes or contour
Safari - Have you SEEN the stripe effects on the wings??? savannah is god tier too occasionally
Slime/Sludge - I AM NUMBER ONE SLIME SLUDGE FAN. I will forever defend this gene. I will die on the hill of SlimeSludge. It can be tar! Lava! Oil! Ice cream! Dragon after a bath! Goop! Whatever you want! The gradients!
Star/Con - But usually paired with stained, soap or filigree or sparkles
Striation - Big enjoyer of the pattern and colors of this secondary, I like using it to give different sort of effects and moods on the dragon
Tide/Foam - Highly versatile, pretty colors, fun patterns, good at saving unfortunate colors
Twinkle/Flicker - Shiny.
Mochlus/Riopa - I want this on every breed forever. I cant even begin to scream about it
Varnish/Lacquer - Entering my G1 savior toolkit! Subtle, good for variety of effects, affordable, pretty color palettes
Ragged/Tear - Honestly I just find the pattern and quite unique accents really cool here
Lode - I like geodes and minerals, really big fan of the subtle accent colors
Sailfish/Marlin - Would want these on everyone, I also like the differences between the primary and secondary. Very fun accent colors and usage
Arowana/Arapaima - Fish scales! Honestly really cool subtle gene
Wrought/Spire - I love the texture, it reminds me of slime/sludge but more solid
Wolf/Pack - I like the patterning and texture a lot
Shell/Web - Took a bit to get into this one but I really appreciate the accents and gradients here. Shell I only like on M pose veils though

Tertiary

Capsule - S tier S tier S tier S tier S tier
Firebreather - Whoa I find this so addicting and fun to scry, it looks sick on aberrations and bogsneaks
Flecks - Shiny metal sheen! Especially good on certain breeds like obes, imps, pearls, ridges, bogs...
Glimmer - I like metallic and shiny, have you noticed yet? Love that glimmer colors the horns. Often the horn colors bother me on dragons
Glowtail - Underrated! Love using this when applicable. Especially fond of it on aethers and aberrations. I even have a glowtail spiral project!
Opal - Pretty shiny rocks
Peacock - Tert saviour, surprising fun accent use, fun to play with accents and skins that work with this
Runes - Shiiny paws and horns! I can be picky about the side runes though
Stained - My beloved, more colors
Veined - UNDERRATED. I love vein patterns on dragons
Carnivore - Teeth! I like really monstrous and dangerous teeth. I like it best on aberrations and undertides. Not a fan of dusthide or aether execution
Flameforger - Fire good
Frills - Frills good, you look fancy
Riot - Spikes good. Bonus points for the little accent details
Space - SHEEN. Love the colors and the alien otherworldly feel of it. Like it more on F and H poses.
Starfall - Silly space aura
Stinger - I like stingers. I love scorpions. Danger tail!!
Batty - Bats.
Paradise - Have you SEEN my lair? I want matchy Paradise in nearly every color. Its addicting. I cannot stop
Fans - I really like stuff like fans, frills or anything that adds to the neck or back of dragons
Mistral - Probably my favorite fest gene tbh, especially on Banescales
Wraith - One of the reasons I love banes so much, the effect is spooky and fun to use
Spores - I need 100. Want on every breed.
Veil - Love effects like these, gorgeous
Gnarlhorns - Big! Horns! And! Claws!
Scorpion - I love scorpions part 2
Shardflank - I think you know my stance on stuff like this by now
Chitin - jksdljfkdsljf want on everything I am obsessed with the arm
Crest - Underrated! I love it on auraboa M pose.
Fishbone - yeah
Rockbreaker - rocks
Jellyfish - Translucent effects are fun and I hope this will be utilized more in the future! I want this on half of my undertides tbh. The small accent colors make me happy
Plating - I will forever defend this gene
Pufferfish - I like it ok
Sailfin - Yeah u know, the thing with fans and frills and fins and stuff
Trickmurk - Dark and goopy! Black accenting! Tert saviour!
rI2B9a8.png
I'm also a fan of Fade/Blend! Though it's definitely color specific.

Other favorite PriSec pairs of mine include Cinder/Blaze, Chrysocolla/Malachite, Boulder/Myrid, Harlequinn/Jester, Flaunt/Flair, Poison/Toxin.
Some singular primaries and secondaries I like are Skink, Ribbon, Bee, Noxtide
Some favorite terts of mine: Flecks, Koi, Stained

Some fav ancient only genes: Mochlus/Riopa, Lacquer/Varnish, Paradise, Fishbone, Branches
I'm also a fan of Fade/Blend! Though it's definitely color specific.

Other favorite PriSec pairs of mine include Cinder/Blaze, Chrysocolla/Malachite, Boulder/Myrid, Harlequinn/Jester, Flaunt/Flair, Poison/Toxin.
Some singular primaries and secondaries I like are Skink, Ribbon, Bee, Noxtide
Some favorite terts of mine: Flecks, Koi, Stained

Some fav ancient only genes: Mochlus/Riopa, Lacquer/Varnish, Paradise, Fishbone, Branches
My favs change a lot overtime, but right now I'm a big fan of Jester and Harlequin. Batty from Auraboas is also a great one!
My favs change a lot overtime, but right now I'm a big fan of Jester and Harlequin. Batty from Auraboas is also a great one!
~
~
b249b1dbc50baf6f32da54dfe296327c5ac51d6d.png
~ W Y R M
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
he/himFR+8
~ ~

NAh145F.png
1 2 3 4