Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | Breed out the Basic with lore!
Welcome one and all to my very own Breed out the Basic, with LORE! Rules: 1. Start with a triple basic plentiful breed. 2. Get a common species mate with triple common genes. 3. Breed until 4x common hatchie. 4. Get a 4x uncommon mate, breed, etc. However, I will also be adding lore!!!! When I first thought of this idea I had no idea how I was going to make breed out the basic into lore, but I think I've got something of an idea, which I can tie into my clan's lore... ----- [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/94705948][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/947060/94705948_350.png[/img][/url][/center] The brown pearlcatcher examined Rurbie curiously, eyes glinting under his mage's hat. "You'd like more magic?" He asked. "Yes. Please - you don't understand how hard it is. I have no markings because of it. I could barely make it through the snow without any magic to warm me, and..." "Ap ap ap," the pearlcatcher, [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/71621878]Sassafras[/url], interrupted her. "we're all born without magic, Rurbie. Even me." He smiled. "But yes, that is something I can help you with. To fix it, we will do some mixing. Come here." He led her across his circular study to a Sky Crystal, a beautiful floating orb, familiar to any dragon interested in their magic, that emitted a strange pale smoke. "Rurbie, I need you to imagine the dragon you most desperately wish to be. Have you got it?" "I have." "Okay. Now... I'm going to need you to tone it down a little." Rurbie looked at him, puzzled. "Focus on the orb please. ... Yes, small steps. You can't go straight from a plentiful breed like a Guardian straight to a rare sight like a Coatl. Just imagine a dragon with a little more magic potential than you have now." "Okay... I've got it." "Yes. Yes, I see it. Come back here in five days. I will take this pearlcatcher as my model... I will mix his ideal with yours... and when you return to this crystal, you will be different. And more importantly, you will have more magic." [center][pinglist=29022][/center]
Welcome one and all to my very own Breed out the Basic, with LORE!

Rules:
1. Start with a triple basic plentiful breed.
2. Get a common species mate with triple common genes.
3. Breed until 4x common hatchie.
4. Get a 4x uncommon mate, breed, etc.

However, I will also be adding lore!!!!

When I first thought of this idea I had no idea how I was going to make breed out the basic into lore, but I think I've got something of an idea, which I can tie into my clan's lore...

94705948_350.png

The brown pearlcatcher examined Rurbie curiously, eyes glinting under his mage's hat.

"You'd like more magic?" He asked.

"Yes. Please - you don't understand how hard it is. I have no markings because of it. I could barely make it through the snow without any magic to warm me, and..."

"Ap ap ap," the pearlcatcher, Sassafras, interrupted her. "we're all born without magic, Rurbie. Even me." He smiled. "But yes, that is something I can help you with. To fix it, we will do some mixing. Come here."

He led her across his circular study to a Sky Crystal, a beautiful floating orb, familiar to any dragon interested in their magic, that emitted a strange pale smoke.

"Rurbie, I need you to imagine the dragon you most desperately wish to be. Have you got it?"

"I have."

"Okay. Now... I'm going to need you to tone it down a little."

Rurbie looked at him, puzzled.

"Focus on the orb please. ... Yes, small steps. You can't go straight from a plentiful breed like a Guardian straight to a rare sight like a Coatl. Just imagine a dragon with a little more magic potential than you have now."

"Okay... I've got it."

"Yes. Yes, I see it. Come back here in five days. I will take this pearlcatcher as my model... I will mix his ideal with yours... and when you return to this crystal, you will be different. And more importantly, you will have more magic."
tumblr_inline_njw5imw9Dw1qg2i5p.gif kipper
he/they • fr+8
___
lore shop (closed until may)
pfp dragon
about me
__HLmowjw.png
Rurbie's first "ideal" (or, mate) will be this dragon from the auction house called Tart! [center] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/93323163][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/933232/93323163_350.png[/img][/url] [i]Yes, Rurbie saw it now. Perhaps it's just because she'd been staring at Sassafras, but Pearlcatchers were nice. Some warmer colours - reds, maybe? And a nice, natural looking pattern. Like Swirl. She could go a bit adventurous, have a splash of colour on the wings. Yeah. That'd be nice. And that pearl would be full of precious magic...[/i] [/center] And happily, we have three... uh, potential outcomes of Sassafras' sorcery (eggs). Better than two or one. Let's hope Sassafras gets it right first time! [center] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/nests/6/3.png[/img] [/center]
Rurbie's first "ideal" (or, mate) will be this dragon from the auction house called Tart!
93323163_350.png
Yes, Rurbie saw it now. Perhaps it's just because she'd been staring at Sassafras, but Pearlcatchers were nice. Some warmer colours - reds, maybe? And a nice, natural looking pattern. Like Swirl. She could go a bit adventurous, have a splash of colour on the wings. Yeah. That'd be nice. And that pearl would be full of precious magic...

And happily, we have three... uh, potential outcomes of Sassafras' sorcery (eggs). Better than two or one. Let's hope Sassafras gets it right first time!
3.png
he/they • fr+8
___
pfp dragon
about me
__HLmowjw.png
@ghostpath can you add me to the ping list? :)
@ghostpath can you add me to the ping list? :)
ByzP8Rg.gif
@EveePlushMallow good point! i just made a site pinglist so feel free to hit subscribe!
@EveePlushMallow good point! i just made a site pinglist so feel free to hit subscribe!
he/they • fr+8
___
pfp dragon
about me
__HLmowjw.png