Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | what's happening with the counter??
1 2 3
[img]https://i.gyazo.com/df9c841bcd712e2edc81b413e0e32b0d.png[/img] somehow i don't think this is normal... [emoji=skull size=1] edit: so i just watched the counter rise from 9000~ users to 11,000~ users and back down to 9000 in the span of about 5 minutes...something is definitely up
df9c841bcd712e2edc81b413e0e32b0d.png

somehow i don't think this is normal...

edit: so i just watched the counter rise from 9000~ users to 11,000~ users and back down to 9000 in the span of about 5 minutes...something is definitely up
rLM2h8D.png
Seconding this, I just came in to check a couple things a few mins ago, and it was at 11k, now down to 7k [emoji=pearlcatcher confused size=1]
Seconding this, I just came in to check a couple things a few mins ago, and it was at 11k, now down to 7k
@Buttonscales

oh im so glad it wasnt just me...but also so not glad

whats creeping me out the most is that i didnt notice any change in site navigation like slowdown...i was here last anniversary when we did actually have high traffic, and the site was chugging hard. its even more suspicious that this happened at a time of known low traffic for the site (late at night in the USA)

hope it's nothing! but i'm worried! haha!
@Buttonscales

oh im so glad it wasnt just me...but also so not glad

whats creeping me out the most is that i didnt notice any change in site navigation like slowdown...i was here last anniversary when we did actually have high traffic, and the site was chugging hard. its even more suspicious that this happened at a time of known low traffic for the site (late at night in the USA)

hope it's nothing! but i'm worried! haha!
rLM2h8D.png
@Spamton Yeaahh, my initial thought was that it must be the right time of day for people to be getting off work/school somewhere in the world where FR is popular, but I would imagine so many people coming in would lag the site like you said..

Going off of that though, I don't know much about maintaining games/websites, but I would imagine that it can't be too bad as long as it's not affecting actual performance! But yeah, I'm sure the devs/admins would be on top of it fairly quick if it's something actually shady or potentially malicious
@Spamton Yeaahh, my initial thought was that it must be the right time of day for people to be getting off work/school somewhere in the world where FR is popular, but I would imagine so many people coming in would lag the site like you said..

Going off of that though, I don't know much about maintaining games/websites, but I would imagine that it can't be too bad as long as it's not affecting actual performance! But yeah, I'm sure the devs/admins would be on top of it fairly quick if it's something actually shady or potentially malicious
If it's bots I'm gonna be mad.
If it's bots I'm gonna be mad.
Give a like if you think they're cool--->86520977.png93331792.png84977690.png
it's been at 5k every time i've checked. i'm sure it's fine.
it's been at 5k every time i've checked. i'm sure it's fine.
g7boK5H.pngZ56llRE.pngnmpR0ff.png
I remember this same thing happening on a forum I used years ago. It could be staff doing a test of somekind, but it could be bot accounts.
I remember this same thing happening on a forum I used years ago. It could be staff doing a test of somekind, but it could be bot accounts.
Let's all just hope those weren't bots suddenly barging in. Either way I trust the admins would've taken action beforehand and provided an update had it actually been something malicious.
Let's all just hope those weren't bots suddenly barging in. Either way I trust the admins would've taken action beforehand and provided an update had it actually been something malicious.
~
~
b249b1dbc50baf6f32da54dfe296327c5ac51d6d.png
~ W Y R M
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
he/himFR+8
~ ~

NAh145F.png
Wouldn't staff have noticed though, if thousands of bot accounts were suddenly created and popped in??
Let's hope it's something normal though...
Wouldn't staff have noticed though, if thousands of bot accounts were suddenly created and popped in??
Let's hope it's something normal though...
Ohh this reminds me of something that happened lateish last year. Can't remember if it was bots or not (or if there was even an announcement about what caused it) but it was still pretty weird!

The site didn't lag at all when the 23k+ users online incident, too. No idea why, probably bots of some sort being counted as guests? Idk.
Ohh this reminds me of something that happened lateish last year. Can't remember if it was bots or not (or if there was even an announcement about what caused it) but it was still pretty weird!

The site didn't lag at all when the 23k+ users online incident, too. No idea why, probably bots of some sort being counted as guests? Idk.
He/they
Agender/ace/bi
Social anxiety + autism
massive nerd
Dragcave
Final Outpost
Pokefarm
Free L27 cauldron rental
Wishlist
Fandragon list
Pings Ok!
Link to art shop! currently on hiatus ?fLd3y=platform.png