Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | Noob Question about Aberration Genes
Hi! I'm still getting the hang of FR at the moment, and I wanted to know what to do. I want to change my male aberration's tertiary gene to capsule so it looks like he is full of honey. However, it seems the only way I can do this is to get to level 18 at Baldwin's. Is there a faster way to do this? If not, how can I can level up at Baldwin's quickly?https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/93344532
Hi! I'm still getting the hang of FR at the moment, and I wanted to know what to do. I want to change my male aberration's tertiary gene to capsule so it looks like he is full of honey. However, it seems the only way I can do this is to get to level 18 at Baldwin's. Is there a faster way to do this? If not, how can I can level up at Baldwin's quickly?https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/93344532
@serizawakatsuya The fastest way would be to buy a copy of the gene from the auction house. After that you could rent a cauldron from someone who's a high enough level to make it. You can find these threads in the items for sale forum or you could make your own looking for someone. A lot of people would do it for free if you provide all the materials as they'd get the experience.
There's a guide for quick Baldwin leveling here: https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/3192064#post_3192064
But it might not be the most cost effective way to do it.
@serizawakatsuya The fastest way would be to buy a copy of the gene from the auction house. After that you could rent a cauldron from someone who's a high enough level to make it. You can find these threads in the items for sale forum or you could make your own looking for someone. A lot of people would do it for free if you provide all the materials as they'd get the experience.
There's a guide for quick Baldwin leveling here: https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/3192064#post_3192064
But it might not be the most cost effective way to do it.
cg2G1xD.gif
tumblr_inline_ngqv6bbPaQ1rvrguk.pngtumblr_inline_n1581tzliY1rvrguk.png
You do have a few other options:
The quickest option is to buy an already brewed Capsule gene from another player - they get listed on the auction house frequently. You can either buy the Aberration one specifically, or the regular modern version and then trade it for the one you want with Glass and Gloss over at the Grand Exchange.

If you can get the materials required, you can rent a cauldron from a player who has a high enough level to brew it. Usually, you'll provide all of the materials and the treasure cost - many offer their cauldrons for free, but some may charge a small fee for the service. After it has time to brew, they'll send the completed gene back to you and then you can trade it for the Aberration variant with Glass and Gloss.

As for leveling? There really isn't a way to speed through it - you have a few options, though.

If you want to avoid sinking a LOT of treasure/gems into it? You can take the slow route of transmuting things and then brewing whatever you have access to that offers a high EXP payout. Even transmuting gives a little bit of EXP - but you have to check back regularly and keep your cauldron rolling.

Alternatively, you can pick a recipe that gives a lot of EXP and buy the components off of the auction house. This would be considerably faster - however, it would also be VERY expensive and you'd likely not be able to recoup the costs by selling the finished products. You would really have to be prepared to just... say goodbye to a lot of money.

Baldwin is a bit of a grind to level - but I'd say it's worth it in the long run, as it gives access to things like fest items and brewing for prismatic tokens when the elemental holidays are going on.
You do have a few other options:
The quickest option is to buy an already brewed Capsule gene from another player - they get listed on the auction house frequently. You can either buy the Aberration one specifically, or the regular modern version and then trade it for the one you want with Glass and Gloss over at the Grand Exchange.

If you can get the materials required, you can rent a cauldron from a player who has a high enough level to brew it. Usually, you'll provide all of the materials and the treasure cost - many offer their cauldrons for free, but some may charge a small fee for the service. After it has time to brew, they'll send the completed gene back to you and then you can trade it for the Aberration variant with Glass and Gloss.

As for leveling? There really isn't a way to speed through it - you have a few options, though.

If you want to avoid sinking a LOT of treasure/gems into it? You can take the slow route of transmuting things and then brewing whatever you have access to that offers a high EXP payout. Even transmuting gives a little bit of EXP - but you have to check back regularly and keep your cauldron rolling.

Alternatively, you can pick a recipe that gives a lot of EXP and buy the components off of the auction house. This would be considerably faster - however, it would also be VERY expensive and you'd likely not be able to recoup the costs by selling the finished products. You would really have to be prepared to just... say goodbye to a lot of money.

Baldwin is a bit of a grind to level - but I'd say it's worth it in the long run, as it gives access to things like fest items and brewing for prismatic tokens when the elemental holidays are going on.
SFixrnH.pngIeBhKII.png Tf2WhDq.pngnJ9aapY.png
@serizawakatsuya

If you can put together the materials, hit me up if you can't see them on Baldwin, I'll brew the modern version for you to trade at Glass and Gloss shop.

I'll make you the Reinforced beaker as well for the same if you aren't at level 12 yet. Will send back the second beaker the recipe produces of course.
@serizawakatsuya

If you can put together the materials, hit me up if you can't see them on Baldwin, I'll brew the modern version for you to trade at Glass and Gloss shop.

I'll make you the Reinforced beaker as well for the same if you aren't at level 12 yet. Will send back the second beaker the recipe produces of course.
Nest Rentals! I offer Fire nests here at 2kt a pair, no lunch boxes needed. Warning that I am a 12-hr shift night worker and might miss a day on incubation here and there. :(
Feel free to ping me anywhere! I try to subscribe to threads I create, but pings are always cool.